“closed”

Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“closed”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

AiYa closed almost two years ago. It's a pity because it was a top restaurant with a good vibe and friendly staff

• Visited April 2014

Mae Tan
“As of July 2013 - Closed”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I wanted to try this restaurant after reading the reviews but it has been "temporarily closed for relocation" since July 2013. I have been told that it is due to the massive flooding that damaged many businesses in the area but cannot confirm.

FYI - Rating as "Average" because I can not say either way...

Visited October 2013
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The food is almost worth suffering through the bad service.”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

The food was great, but as many others have complained, the service was lacking. The overall atmosphere was pretty nice, and the art on the walls added a nice touch. However, after repeated occurrences of finding ticks in or on menus, we were left feeling a little...well, unclean. Then with the waiter's constant frown and immediate "No" to our orders due to a different large group coming in, we ended up leaving. I wish I had liked the place more, because I can't get over the food. Even writing this now I'm craving the cashew stir fry and the tea leaf salad... If you're looking for good food, definitely stop by and see the place for yourself. However, if you're looking for someone to greet you with a smile and happily serve you what your first choice is, this isn't the place -- try Casa Mia's or Sara's for that kind of service.

• Visited May 2013
Tucson, Arizona
“Awful service, great food”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

The Burmese salads here are outstanding. They make decent cocktails too. The main waiter (who is also the chef) is absolutely horrible. If you can stand it, which I have learned to, the food is probably worth it. A note: the Borderline Cafe and Casa Mia also have good Burmese salads and much better service.

• Visited June 2013
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Good food, but tick infested”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

We ate here three times. The waiter is sullen and you get the feeling he'd rather read a book than serve anyone. The menu is expansive and the fried tofu salad with cashews and Thai dressing was delicious. Great drinks. But don't try to order brown rice or bananas flambé even though both are on the menu ("we never have that"). Even though the waiter is grouchy, he speaks English well and gets your orders right. But 2 of the 3 times we were here, we saw ticks, one crawling on my arm and the other on my menu. They have 2 mangy dogs and a cat who sit in the restaurant and encourage tick reproduction. So it's slightly unsettling, but the food is good and ambiance is nice. Give it a try.

• Visited May 2013