Hotel Spa Ixtapan
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Ixtapan de la Sal
See available hotels
Villa Vergel(Ixtapan de la Sal)
View Hotel
Hotel Belisana(Ixtapan de la Sal)
View Hotel
Victoria Hotel y Spa(Ixtapan de la Sal)
View Hotel
Hotel Bungalows Lolita(Ixtapan de la Sal)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Hotel El Romano(Ixtapan de la Sal)
View Hotel
All reviewswater aerobicsexercise classesmorning walkmexico citysalsa dancingwater parkthe main hotelsmall townwalk into townbeautiful groundsyear after yearabove averagereturn next yearthe dining room stafffelt safeking size bedlocal town
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I was invited here by family; we did not go on a spa package. Also, I'm not one for all-inclusive or resort places so I have little frame of reference. To me, it was a nice enough hotel with two nice pools and a hot tub. However, I would like to emphasize the quality of the food at the main restaurant. I'm fairly picky and also quite experienced with Mexican cuisine. The food here was just outstanding. There was always a fantastic selection. I never tasted anything I didn't like. The breakfast buffets were varied so that each morning brought a new surprise. All the servers were very friendly. I did take a massage at the holistic spa, which was a beautiful space. I'd come back just for the food. (I'm not sure this is the same "diet food" received by those on spa packages; I wouldn't call the food I ate "diet food" as it was fairly standard Mexican).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank visitingnow
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We just spent a week at Hotal Spa Ixtapan, and got the 7-day classic package. They are having a special until July sometime for 25% off a package, holistic spa treatments, and also the round-trip transportation provided by the hotel. That knocks off a pretty decent amount if you are thinking of going right now. It was also their slow time as we went the last week of April. Busy times are November through March. I met someone who had been coming for 38 years. There is a reason for that. It was really a lot of fun. If you haven't been and are thinking about it, just go. My husband waffled for about 5 years before he agreed to go with me. He was worried about the safety. We felt safe the whole time. The President of Mexico owns a house on the golf course, and brings along a lot of body guards and security when he comes. Everyone feels safe.

The food was really good. We looked forward to each meal, wondering what would tantalize our taste buds. There were a lot of things I had never tried before (cactus soup...delicious!), but I tried everything. It's amazing how they can make diet food so tasty. (I even lost 2 pounds in the week I was there...that doesn't usually happen on vacation!)

The classes were really good. Alejandra has a super fit body, and every class she teaches, she puts everything into it. She gives you a great workout. We went to water aerobics every day with Brenda, and I think we miss her the most. I have a lot of joint problems, but she gave a great workout and I felt a lot of the problems going away by the end of the week. I would go back just for her classes every day.

The treatments were very good, although my husband wasn't too fond of the pedicure and loofah (he thought they were scrubbing his skin off). Ha! I switched around different people getting massages, although I think they like to assign you to one person for the whole time. I wanted to try out different ones.

This was our first trip, but definitely won't be our last. We are looking forward to going back again next year. We'll go for 2 weeks next time. One week just wasn't enough time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mimi1122
Reviewed 12 April 2014

My favorite vacation
I feel very safe there and worth every penny. You truly feel pampered With all those treatments and exercise you leave feeling great. They improve every year. This year the have internet in the rooms and a new yoga retreat.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Teamdiane
Reviewed 12 April 2014

This is my 3rd year going to this spa. My mom has been going for 16 years. We fly into Mexico City and the spa picks us up. We have never felt unsafe in Mexico or at the spa. We spend our day with exercise, massages,facials,hair treatments, and reflexology. The team at the spa is like family. Many have been at the spa for 30 plus years. The food is healthy and good. They will accommodate ,if needed, The last 2 years the president of Mexico has been at he vacation house at the golf course across the street. It brings a lot of excitement at the spa! I can't wait to go back next year. The is my mental recharge!

Room Tip: Don't expect five start rooms. Some have been remodeled. Very clean and room service is five stars!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank danvillemom
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Loved the food, nice people and the Cupola Restaurant was superb!
Did not like having to wait 40 minutes for a driver who did not show up and said it took him 5 hrs to get there-that was Juan Carlos and then we had to wait another 20 minutes while he wandered around doing I don't know what and then another 30 minutes for him to find the cashier who was at lunch-an extra hour and a half arriving at 11 pm at the hotel was not good and dinner was just finishing so we missed that. For the cost we paid I was not happy. We don't have a phone that works in Mexico so we could not call the Hotel to find out if the driver was even coming to pick us up-stressful.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple