“Great food”

Ranked #1 of 136 Restaurants in Chetumal
Price range: US$1 - US$15
Cuisines: Caribbean, Mexican, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The best seafood tacos since 1979. Enjoy our famous tacos, delicious ceviches, cocktails, steaks, over 40 delicious dishes. If you visit Chetumal, have to come to Taco Loco.
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Good food, a/c. The service could be improved but it's a good place. There are a lot of dishes: sea food, meat, pasta and salads.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Mu husband and I went to this restaurant because of the reviews I read. We were staying in Chetumal for a few days and I wanted to try it. The first day we went for dinner, it was about 6:30 and the restaurant was closed! Because of my limited spanish we could not understand why, since many of the reviews stated they had dinner there. So anyway as we were walking away, we saw a sign on the side of the building stating they were open from 8am-6pm. Very Important. We went back the next day before 5pm, just to be safe. Anyway, we did not get a seat in the air conditioned section but did get a wonderful meal. I ordered the "Camerones Neopolitain" and my husband had the Cammerones Papas rellano. I realize the spelling may not be accurate. The dish I had contained fresh shrimp with mushrooms, onions and bacon all in a light cream sauce. It came with rice and avacodo. I almost licked my plate clean. It was not spicy, so just perfect for me. My husband had the "rellanos" which was so interesting. It was a bowl lined with mashed potatoes then filled with shrimp in white wine and cream sauce, with melted cheese on top. It had been in the oven, so was piping hot. My husband loved it and even thought we should try at home. We also had chips and beans, complimentary. We enjoyed our dinner so much we will not miss it on any future visits.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Four of us had lunch here and everybody was very happy with their choices. The complimentary garlic spread was garlicky mayonnaise and was pretty tasty.

One of the servers took us up to the kitchen window and showed us all of the choices and explained the sauces. His English was very good which helped our mediocre Spanish !

We had garlic shrimp tacos, and fish tacos which were great value and very tasty. One of our party had tacos arrecaras (grilled beef) which looked very good also.

It seems like a place that locals enjoy and tourists alike.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Got to love this place, fresh , huge, ceviches. Many delicious verities of seafood tacos.I particularly enjoyed the garlic fish taco (super value at $1.50 us. each) Home made guacamole and salsa, fresh whole deep fried fish... I could go on but I'll end by saying the place is very clean and the staff are great. If your in Chetumal go "Taco Loco".

Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

The food was okey ,perfect for lunch. We was there and let them decide what they thought was Good , it ended up with a shrimp with onion, and house speciality fish, we didnt get disapointed and it was cheap also,