“Great food, helps to know Spanish”
Review of Taqueria Diaz

Taqueria Diaz
Ranked #71 of 121 Restaurants in Chetumal
Cuisines: Italian, Mexican
San Pedro, Belize
“Great food, helps to know Spanish”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My husband and I just ate here. The food was excellent. After my attempts with very poor Spanish, I ordered the beef taco which was so good. Nice pieces of tender beef and tasty guacamole in a crisp flour tortilla. I ordered only one. I could have eaten two but there was so much beef in one glad I didn't order two. My husband ordered "Orden" chorizo. What came out was a plate heaping with a finely chopped sausage, slightly spicy, not too hot. With several fresh flour tortillas and all the fixins you can think of. The grilled onions were perfect. We had a total of 3 cerveza. Our total was less than $18 US. Our waiter did his best to help and luckily we had read other reviews and got to really enjoy a good evening. There is no question, we will go again. It was close to our hotel, so we walked and felt comfortable, even after dark.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Patty P

texas
“As good as the other Diaz taquerias”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We traveled on business to Chetumal, and what a great thing to have found another Taqueria Diaz. It turns out that it belongs to the same family. I have had their tacos at the Tulum, Playa del Carmen and Cozumel taquerias, and this one did not disappoint. The food was amazing!! I highly recommend the barbacoa de res and lengua tacos, or if you are very hungry, order the arrachera steak plate that is both tender and tasty. The service was excellent, as expected from a Diaz Taqueria, and the owner, whom we met, was polite, courteous and kind to us. I fully recommend Taqueria Diaz. This jewel should not be missed in your next visit to Chetumal.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank janecozumel
Hannover, Germany
“Excellent and tasty food”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We have visited the Taqueria Diaz upon the recommendation of our tour guide. It was one of the best restaurants during our Yucatan round trip. The Taqueria Diaz serves delicious authentic Mexican food. The beef was lean and juicy. It had an excellent flavor. As I like it hot they offered me some special chili. The service was great. Fast and very friendly. To cut a long story short: The Taqueria Diaz is a hidden gem off the beaten track.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank MP-BusinessTraveller
australia
“great little restaurant off the beaten track”
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Authentic Mexican food,the staff speak a little English and menu is all in Spanish. Orden with the meat on special and tacitos were really good and mains come with heaps of fantastic condiments with salsas and sauces all tasty. We were recommended here by the Holiday Inn where we stayed.

• Visited December 2013
Los Angeles
“Fast service, soft and tasty meat”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We go to this place often... good food and service!

Pros: Soft arrachera meat with corn or flour tortillas.
Cons: Open-air dining area with roof, no A/C.

Conclusion: Good family restaurant and good value.

• Visited August 2013