“Good for the price”
Review of Hotel Los Cocos

Hotel Los Cocos
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Chetumal
Reviewed 31 October 2012

I have stayed here several times and like this hotel. The staff most times can be good and helpfull but at other times they act like your bothering them. I have caught 0ne of the receptionist lying and she did not tell us of the special that was offered at the time.
I still stay here as its the only option in town that is good for the price. They offer 50usd for all of 2012.
I will stay here again as I like being in town.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 October 2012

I don't know how this place got good reviews. Unfortunately we stayed a night when a million other families with kids - must have been a tour group - stayed. It was sooooo loud and intolerable. The pool was a no go zone as it was packed....and there's nothing else to do in chetumal!
It wasn't just the guests, but the staff were loud, slamming doors and moving around on tiled floors. Everything echoes and is so loud. A staff member let herself in to our room...while we were in there to give us another hand towel that we didn't ask for, and I was just getting out of my clothes!
Room service was TERRIBLE - don't get the tacos - and we didn't get breakfast, which ISNT included because we had to leave at 6.30 and breakfast doesn't open until 7.and the air con unit was loud and rattly.
The only good thing....the service at the front desk upon arrival...oh and leaving. That was good.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Full stop.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank smarty1809
Reviewed 5 August 2012

As I do business in chetumal I have been trying out a different hotel every time I spend an overnight, I must say hotel los cocos was a good choice for accommodations but a bad place to eat, I ended up staying there for my birthday and ate at their restaurant, I must say the food was not up to quality and they offered me a hard, stale cake for my birthday, Nonetheless the room was very clean, the internet worked great, the pool was a little too cold for my family's liking but none the less we enjoyed it, overall it's a nice place but I believe management needs to work on food quality, I believe los cocos is well ahead of the competition.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Mikael S
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We stay in Chetumal often as that is where we shop for most of our needs. We have been to other hotels in there but keep coming back to Los Cocos. It is always clean, comfortable, quiet, and reasonably priced. The staff is friendly but not fawning, and they will upgrade us instantly if our regular room choices are not available. We like the ground floor rooms with walk-outs to the pool area. After a late dinner we enjoy taking a glass of wine out to sit by the pool and talk and it is always quiet and romantic. The mexican architecture is different and clean and they have done a good job of blending plants and patio areas. The restaurant is nothing special but safe and dependable very often with live music. The outside tables are great for people watching.

Room Tip: ask for one looking out on the pool area
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rickanddiane
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Ok , i stayed in Mexico city for five days so when i came back i was so sad to be leaving, but i found a hotel in Chetumal, Los Cocos, which was very good. Me and my friends rented a villa which i considered was the cherry on the cake for our trip.

the room, reasonable, was very nice and well kept. It has a super nice bed and the room is very spacious. There is no traffic noise around which was good after the long plane ride. I would consider this hotel for the next time.

Room Tip: The villas are good if you want to keep away from the noise from the streets which are close to othe...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank George C
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Los Cocos is a good hotel with reasonable prices. We stayed in a standard room and it was adequate, but could use a facelift. We enjoyed the restaurant very much. Their food is great. Having stayed in one of their competitors' properties up the street previously, we will go back to Los Cocos when we return to Chetumal.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank MexicoTraveler67
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I spent two nights here with my girlfriend. I sprung for the Jr. suite with jacuzzi and thought it was worth it. The room was spacious and comfortable. A/C worked good, bed was big and comfortable, jacuzzi tub was nice, and there was a large terrace with a table and chairs. We utilized the room service but the food was just ok. Overall, it comfortable and relaxing in a city that's anything but.

Room Tip: Jr. Suite is a bit more but well worth it.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple