“Carictaristic Setting”

Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Ciudad del Carmen
Ravenna, Emilia-Romagna, Italy
“Carictaristic Setting”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

The name describes the setting, a Royal Hacienda. Lovely pool area and gardens, lobby and restaurant area well designed and decorated. Spacious clean rooms with the essentials, friendly service. Good breakfast !!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

We chose this hotel because we wanted a place with character, and we got that. The room was nice and clean, and the hotel common areas were very nice with colonial flair (reception, bar, pool). Unfortunately, we will NEVER stay at this hotel again. The service we received, from the receptionist to the manager, was horrendous. Upon our arrival at 4PM there was no TV remote in the room (the TV does not function without a remote). Normally, this would not bother me, but I was traveling with a 9 year old who had been on the road for 7 hours - we needed Nickolodeon, STAT! We called the front desk and asked for a remote control and were told it would be in our room in 15 minutes. We called again 30 minutes later and we were told our remote was "being repaired" and would be up in 15 minutes. We waited until 5 and then just left for the pool. We stopped at the desk around 7PM on our way to dinner and inquired about the remote that never showed. The manager assured us he knew about our problem and would take care of it. He kept cutting us off in mid-sentence saying, "I know, I know," but we got the feeling he just wanted us out of his face. The remote showed up when we returned at 10PM.

Also upon our arrival, the safe was missing batteries so my husband had to request those and wait, while the rest of us went to the pool, for someone to show up with a full set.

While at the pool, we could not get bar service to actually bring our drinks to the pool (the pool is located right next to the bar). Eventually, the staff got tired of me walking in the bar in a dripping wet bathing suite so they brought out our last round.

One last thing. Every time (no, really, every time) we went up to our room the electronic key card did not work. We had to go back to the reception desk to have it reset. I don't want to sound paranoid, but, um, that could not have been more annoying had it been planned.

I hate to end on a bad note. Did I mention how pretty the hotel was?

Room Tip: Stay at the Holiday Inn Express
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Glenwood, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

I have only stayed at two hotels in Carmen and this seems to be in line with most hotels in the area of this ranking. Has a gym, pool, restaurant , bar and laundry service. It is across the street from a large Walmart type store, bank, Dominoes and a wing place called Wing Army. Rooms are just OK. Staff is nice. I had a problem with my a/c and they had it fixed right away.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Singapore,
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2012

Generally ok, rooms fairly large, comfortable. Room service just ok. Resturant is very good, although breakfast for a bit of variety could be improved on.
Pool area is nice and relaxing. Basic but funnctional gym.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank NevFox
Mexoco
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

Be carful when you make your reservation they tell you one thing and give you something totally different, I reserved for 3 people, my son my wife and me, they told me I wold get a king size bed, and bufette breakfast for 2, to my surprise when we arrived they told me that berekfast was included but yust for 1 person, and not a bufette just scrambled eggs with ham and bacon, me and my family are vegetarian and don't eat eggs and certainly no ham and bacon!, they didn't offer something else, I ended up paying the same price but with no breakfast.
Please be careful!

Room Tip: They are plenty other hotels around
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Albertsafa
Pune, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2011

The hotel is close to the airport and has shopping malls , Bank ATMs and food joints like Mc Donalds,Pizza Hut and Dominoes etc within a few minutes walking distance.
The staff are fluent in English and very helpful.
Rooms are big ,well ventilated and illuminated .Try to get rooms with poolside view.
The swimming pool is nice and the hotel has a well equipped gymnasium.
Breakfast buffet is good.
Though the hotel has wireless internet i would recommend using a cable if you are in the room as it is much faster.

Room Tip: rooms with poolside view and a balcony are a definite plus.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Rupesh72
Heidelberg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2011

this hotel is in the heart of ciudad del carmen. it doesnt have a beach but it has a nice pool. i would recommend it for any one who is staying for a short period of time. the interior design is very nice and the swimming pool is pretty decent. i would recommend to anyone. The service is good and quick. id come back againg no doubt.

Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple