“Paradise!!”
Review of Rancho Platon

Rancho Platon
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Rancho Platon Hotel is a paradise!! Great food, great service, awesome entretaiments, the river, natural swimming pools, the tree house etc. The rooms are comfortable, clean and beautiful!!!
A wonderful hotel to share with family and friends! definitely Rancho Platon is a place to be visited again!! Love it!!!

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed 19 September 2013

if you are looking to go to the south region of the dominican Republic , head to Barahona and Bahia las aguilas en perdenales ... and you are going to find a paradise clear water white sand and many places to stay . out of those places of course i will recomend Rancho platon en Barahona ,, the food is very good and the place is heaven.

Room Tip: activities are great, schedule activities upon arrival. hope you like water
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Elviajero76
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I stayed 2 nights at Rancho Platon with my husband and 2 kids, it was an experience we all enjoyed so much and that we look forward to repeating..

If you don't have a good 4x4 don't even try to get to the ranch by yourself. We were picked up at Paraiso on a pick up truck. Consider that the ride from Paraiso to Rancho Platon is pretty long and bumpy but I think it was part of the adventure.

We stayed at the Palm 1 (Tree House) , no picture can describe the true feeling of its great atmosphere, the constant sound of water flowing, the birds singing, the sound of the rain on the roof....... I have never felt so close to nature and so relaxed.

All over the project you listen to the sound of water flowing and there is actually water flowing from everywhere.

We enjoyed most of the activities available. The horseback riding was amazing, we rode thought hills, rivers, waterfalls. The "tubing" exceeded my expectations, and the staff did a great job keeping us safe through the fast rapids, it was a ride full of adrenaline. We also climbed up a waterfall , at the beginning it looked so difficult but it actually was not hard and a one of a lifetime experience. At the top of the waterfall we were able to see where the river is born and even drank from its fresh water. We also rode on the water slide, too fast for my taste but my kids really enjoyed it.

The food was really good too. The only thing I did not like about the restaurant was the loud music that they sometimes played, you don't need that when you have the sound of a river on your back.

Please note there is very poor communication, mobiles from "Claro" don't have signal.

I would strongly recommend this place, it is the perfect definition of paradise.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ranali
Reviewed 30 May 2013

For a couple of years wanted to visit and was very glad when I did so not once but twice. The first time was with my wife on a romantic getway and then over Easter with two of my boys. Both trips were fabulous. The place is magical and the food superb. Well except for breakfast, which is my favorite meal, but every thing else in the food area was great. This is a place were you can go just to rest and disconnect as only Orange cel phone work or go for the activities at your own leasure. Walked up the water falls which at first seems impossible but it's a piece of cake. Also did the water tubing on the river. I would skip the water slide because it's just too fast. I saw someone land so fast that I thought he was going to get hurt bad, but he was fine, just a big scare. They also have horses and all the activities are included. The staff is superb and very accomodating. Just hope I can go back soon!
The water is great. It's perhaps the only place in the DR where you can drink the water right from their stream and it starts right on their property. The beds in the rooms are very confy. If you have time to explore outside of the property is a good place to take a drive to Bahia de las Aguilas and Hoyo de Pelempito.

Room Tip: The tree house to the right has the best view of the river but both are fantastic.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank haitises
Reviewed 2 March 2013

Food, service, activities, all were terrific! Make time to ride the water slide and go tubing! you must schedule activities in advance (best to do upon arrival) and bring some small bills to tip the very gracious staff!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Gary M
Reviewed 20 February 2013

I went spent 4 days in Rancho PLaton with my husband last month. I have to say it was the best couples trip we've ever had. Everything about Rancho Platon is peacefull. The service is incredible and the ambience is super relaxing. We were nervous about spending so much time there thinking we would get bored and have little to do. Next time we're going for a whole week. Everyday we did something different and still missed a couple of things. This is defenetly a great place to go to. We're bringing out kids out next time. There's something for evey age group. GREAT EXPIRIENCE!!!

Room Tip: we suggest you stay at the tree house. IT WAS INCREDIBLE!!!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dominique g
Reviewed 1 January 2013

Rancho Platon embodies everything that the discerning tourist would look for - comfort, variety, off the beaten track, and good service all rolled into one. we were a group of 5 adults and 8 children, and there was something for everyone to enjoy, from the racy river and slide tubing to the laid back horse riding and waterfall climbing. even my 5 year old enjoyed the rope swinging into the patio pool. the rooms were clean and comfortable and the service great, and the kids all had a great time. the tree houses are fantastic, and the other cabins also afforded comfortable and gracious accommodation. you will need a 4x4 vehicle to access the ranch, although laura is willing to send out a van to the main road to fetch those who do not have the appropriate car and bring them to the lodge.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank KirstenLM11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barahona
Casa del Mar Lodge
South Beach Hotel
South Beach Hotel
#1 of 3 in Paraiso
Casa Bonita Tropical Lodge

Been to Rancho Platon? Share your experiences!