“A refreshing and relaxing week with fantastic...”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 13 reviews

Reviews from our community

Susan B
Norwell, Massachusetts
“A refreshing and relaxing week with fantastic hosts!”
Reviewed 10 January 2018 for a stay in December 2017
person found this review helpful

My friend Victoria and I had been looking for a place we could finally learn how to surf and experience a new and beautiful place. Thanks to Agus and Juan, we got to experience Cabarete to the fullest: amazing surfing (for beginners and more advanced folks) just a short and scenic walk down the road, got to meet wonderful locals, and enjoy fresh food and drink. We can't speak highly enough of their hospitality and the beauty of the surrounding beaches. Many tourists in the DR seem to stay in the "all-inclusive" resorts, but I doubt you get to experience the local culture and charm in quite the same way we did.

Date of stay: December 2017
Your age range 25-34
victoria...
New York City, New York
“One of my favorite vacations/experiences of all time!”
Reviewed 7 January 2018 for a stay in January 2018

Wave Soul retreats exceeded all my expectations—I was anticipating a week of surfing and relaxation but I didn’t realize that we’d also be going on incredible adventures, meeting awesome people, and making lifelong friends. The friendly, adventurous culture is a testament both to the city of Cabarete and also to the environment that Agustina and Juan foster. They have great insights into the types of activities you’ll want to do while your there and are really helpful with planning and organizing, as they too were once visitors!

The accommodations were very clean and comfortable—my friend and I felt completely at home. They are situated just outside of downtown Cabarete so it’s nice and peaceful; the beach is about a 10 min walk away. If you want to get to town it’s also really easy as there are many modes of transportation (taxi, bus, carrito) and it’s a 5 min drive.

I am a beginner surfer and thought the surf instructors were fantastic—friendly, knowledgeable and encouraging. Being in the water with them is an absolute blast; also, they are very mindful and make sure to give you feedback as you are learning and to make sure you’re safe.

I didn’t take Kite or Yoga but I stopped by both locations and realized my mistake! They are beautiful-looking, well run operations and I am already planning a return trip so I can try it out.

If you’re wondering about booking a trip with Wave Soul Retreats, stop thinking and book it!

Date of stay: January 2018
galbaum5
Haifa, Israel
“Absolutely amazing”
Reviewed 20 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017

There are not enough words to describe how great this place is ! The house is completely new and clean ! So comfortable and in the best location...the pool is great so as the company! You'll get the best surfing experience you could even if you have no experience! The staff is amazing and will help you with everything you need . Absolutely the best place in cabarete !!!!

Date of stay: September 2017
24 Oct 2017
Thank You very much for your nice review Gal!! Agus
Natan V
“great place to stay”
Reviewed 19 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

very cool place and very nice people! very close to the beach too and the swimming pool is fun. recommanded

Date of stay: October 2017
20 Oct 2017
Thanks Natan for the review! I hope we meet again
PaulinaW6...
Kiruna, Sweden
“Best surf in DR”
Reviewed 30 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

Wonderful stay in Juan Pablo and Augustina's place! It is a beautiful, comfortable apartment with so warm and super friendly host.
I Really recommend this accommodation if you want to enjoy surfers experience at Encuentro Beach !

Date of stay: September 2017
4 Oct 2017
Thanks Pau for the nice review I hope we meet again =)
carlasD77...
Argentina
“Amazing Surf Camp!!!”
Reviewed 24 September 2017 for a stay in January 2017
person found this review helpful

Incredible surf camp! Agus and Juan Are incredibly friendly. The house is very clean, it is beautiful to get up and see the sea of ​​Cabarete. Less than ten minutes walk and you are already on the beach ready to surf.
TakeOff instructors are fun and always with a smile on their faces.
It is all planned for you to spend a beautiful holiday
Extremely recommended!

Date of stay: January 2017
26 Sep 2017
Thanks Carli for your review. We hope to see you soon here in Cabarete!
Nick P
“Best surftrip ever, you should go there!”
Reviewed 17 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Best place in town, the owners (Agus and Rouan) are really friendly, passionate and welcoming. The beach is wonderful, about 5 min from home. The place is quiet and safe. The perfect place to surf. the equipment is of very good quality. You will be well guided if you are new to surfing. I really enjoyed this place!

More pictures on my instagram if you want to check my surftrip at @niick_pr.

Date of stay: August 2017
26 Sep 2017
Thanks for the review Nick! we hope to see you guys again =)
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.