“Very attractive place”
Review of Hotel Villa Taina

Hotel Villa Taina
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Cabarete
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Great stuff, location, breakfast at the beach, ocean beach with kite and wind surfing equipment. The best shopping and restaurant areas are within 5 minutes walk. Rooms have a flat TV, air conditioner, balcony, and a safe. Everything very clean, feels new and pleasant. Can recommend this place without reservations.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ocean side are quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank bottezini

Reviewed 13 June 2012

super friendly staff, nice food, rooms but the most importantly location: on the beach, one can sleep hearing the sound of the waves, relax and do a lot of sports if he/she wants. can walk to all the restaurants and cafes from the beach - no need to even see a street if want to be completely secluded.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Sally T
Reviewed 17 May 2012

This hotel was perfect for 2 weeks in May for my husband and myself (retired) visiting our son who lives in cabarete. Having had a flood in our room on the first night due to the weather, we were upgraded to a beautiful room on the front. It was always spotless and the staff were lovely. No need for shoes to walk onto the beach and bars and restaurants!!

Room Tip: we had an ocean comfort room which was fabulous - 2 large double beds, fan abd air con.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank susanne d
Reviewed 20 April 2012

The staff is super friendly. Everything was taken care of professionally. Beach was beautiful and amazing bar. I was able to go with several friends during Semana Santa (wholly week) and we all had a blast. Tons of beach parties and music all day and night long. Avoid going with kids during this time. A lot of young people running around.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joel G
Reviewed 12 April 2012

The staff at the hotel are extremely friendly and helpful. I stayed for 6 nights and I wasn't really in the hotel much since I booked a couple of excursions. Sergio assisted me with booking the Magic mushroom trip which was awesome! A must go for the adventurer. The location of the hotel is excellent. You are in the heart of cabarete without having to deal with the loud music. I love cabarete as I don't feel as if I am in one of those huge resorts. You are able to mingle with the locals and I personally enjoy that. The rooms are extremely clean as well as the rest of the hotel. I didn't give the hotel 5 stars for my only pet peeve was how hard the beds were. I guess people really don't go to sleep when in Cabarete. Despite not being all inclusive the hotel offers breakfast and food around the town as well as the hotel is not pricey. This was truly an inexpensive and fun vacation. The beach at night is gorgeous. I may make this my February break trip every year.

Additionally I visited Cayo levantado (Paradise Island) and the 27 Charcos ... I recommend these excursions, in all I had an awesome time. Sosua is nearby and I enjoyed snorkeling there as well. Rio San Juan is not far and offers some awesome activities as well.

Room Tip: There is not fitness center but almost everyone who goes to Cabarete is involved in some type of sur...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 March 2012

We stayed for one night on our way from Las Galeras to our liveaboard boat (we were going swimming with whales on the Silverbank). I am probably not the best person to comment on a hotel like this because I prefer small quiet places. However, it was OK for a busy package style place on a beach. Cabarate is nicer than Sosua for a quick stopover, and it is fun to watch the kiteboarders snd wind surfers. Kids staying here seemed to be having a great time. The room was perfectly adequate, and the attached restaurant on the beach was also OK. We had a room facing the bar and were scared it was going to be noisy at night, but it wasn't. The beach is busy during the day but the restaurant is good for people watching. My husband did get a bad stomach upset after eating here and the loos next to the bar are pretty yucky. There are much nicer and quieter beaches in the DR, but this is a great place if you are a windsurfer or kiteboarder.

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms actually look out over the small swimming pool and can be noisy.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sally W
Reviewed 23 March 2012

The hotel was everything I hoped for; clean, comfortable, convenient to cabarete, etc etc. The maids swooped in like an army and cleaned the room quickly every morning. The hot water was strong and plentiful. The TV had lots of channels including about 5 in english: BBC, CNN, TNT, and the networks. There is a kite-boarding and wind surfing school on the premises, but I did not use them so I cannot comment. But here are a couple of comments/tips:

-the breakfast buffet option is overpriced and lousy. If you can get the plan without breakfast, walk right out the front door and turn left, and about a block down you can hang out at Friends Cafe, where the food is *way* better and cheaper. The atmosphere is breezy and light, and there is free wifi. The fruit smoothies are excellent, the pancakes (crepes, really) are good, and the Sancocho at lunch (meat and root-vegatable soup) is the best I have ever had, anywhere. In fact it was the best thing I ate in a week in the Dominican Republic. Simple, hearty "peasant" food. For about $5.

-my only complaint about the hotel is that they have a decent little bar/lounge on the beach, but they play annoying music, way too loud. Don't they realize that their bar is empty, and everyone goes to other lounges nearby? Why isn't that obvious to them? I am sure it is the sound system and the bartender's choice of music that is driving people away.

-The town out in front of the hotel and to the left is perfectly safe at any time, with banks, local restaurants, a couple of supermarkets, etc., but I am told by the locals: Do Not go out the front and turn right, at night. The adjacent property to the right is abandoned and is a haven for criminals, and muggings are not uncommon. That's the word on the street, anyway.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo