“Awesome - Don't want to leave”

Cabarete Beach House at Nanny Estates
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Have been to Cabarete many times in 5 years previously staying at kitebeach hotel - friends had stayed here and so tried it out - its a great experience - you have a home not a room with neighbours not guests. Maria and all her staff are so friendly and helpful but not intrusive. The gardens and pool are immaculate and beach is not busy so room to sunbathe and swim. I was here on a kiting trip with my non kiting wife and we soon made friends with many of the people staying/living here a whole little village-like community.

Kitebeach action is a short walk on beach or ride downwind and the town also a short beach walk away.

We have already booked our return trip enjoy !!

Ps . Charlie is an awesome kite instructor - the staff can hook you up with him if you want to learn ( my wife) or get advance riding lessons as I did.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank torontotrips
There are newer reviews for Cabarete Beach House at Nanny Estates

Reviewed 14 June 2013

These are okay cottages in a decent location, although far from any restaurants (most are ~1 mile east). However, they would not accept a debit or credit card without adding a 4.5% fee, nor would they accept a check to avoid this fee. I have never been asked to pay such a fee at a hotel for using a debit or credit card in the dozens of countries I have traveled.

They had initially mentioned avoiding this fee by paying when I arrive, but changed the story after I arrived. They said that some people pay cash, however I think it is unusual (and unsafe) to carry hundreds or thousands of dollars (or RD peso equivalent) to pay for a hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank bay13579
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I stayed in Unit A6 at the Nanny Estates, Cabarete Beach Houses from April 20-27, 2013. I would highly recommend this vacation destination, this complex and especially unit A6. Without even looking out the windows you will know you are at the beach because the decor in the unit is done very tastefully in a Caribbean beach style. The unit is very comfortable and the patio is a lovely place to sit and relax or have a glass of wine in the evening. The owner has thought of everything to make your stay just like at home: a coffee maker (where you can brew fresh ground Organic Cabarete Coffee-available at the end of the road), a kitchen with everything you may need for cooking up local seafood, wireless internet, iPod docking station for music and lots of storage space in the bedrooms for all of your swimsuits and sundresses. The upper deck is furnished with incredibly comfortable patio furniture with a stylish umbrella to provide shade. The view from the upper deck is amazing-especially at night. I loved the areas on the property where you can lay back and read while watching the kite surfers or the listen to the waves roll in. I very much enjoyed the pool and all the grounds in the complex are beautiful. The complex is a 15 minute beach walk to restaurants and I enjoyed many incredible meals there. The ride home after dinner is quick and affordable. The front office staff were great in arranging taxis and transfers and can suggest tours in the area as well. I highly recommend checking out the website: http://ourlittleplaceinthesun.ca/ for more photos of the complex and the unit.
I will definitely be going back to Cabarete and Nanny Estates-Unit A6.

Room Tip: This complex is a wonderful place to stay in Cabarete, but if you appreciate excellent taste in inte...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank wjune
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Wonderful staff. They were very helpful and always available. The security staff keep this place very safe. The cleaning and maintenance staff did an amazing job too. We loved the suit we stayed in. It was newly renovated and had everything we needed. Loved the outdoor shower! Having a full kitchen meant we didn't have to eat out every day. One day we even had a fish brought right to our door & put it on the BBQ. The location is perfect with a beautiful view. We will be back next year!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Esce
Reviewed 6 March 2013

WE LOVED IT!!!! Can't wait to go back. A perfect spot, set back from the beach but right on it. Close walk to town and all the great restaurants. Loved staying in a town house we had all the amenities we needed, especially liked the rooftop shower. Our unit A7 was so cool! There were murals and fantastic decor, a very laid-back and fun atmosphere, We felt so comfy when we returned from a long day of fun in the sun. The bed was so comfortable and we had a great view of the ocean from the master bedroom, we left the french doors open and took a siesta with the breeze coming in the room. The staff was very sweet and helpful. They even have a girl you can hire to cook for you if you don't want to go out, how cool is that?. So, we say it is a must go to place, over and over again.

Room Tip: A7 was very well kept and fantastic decor. Great view of the water.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travelikecrazy
Reviewed 21 January 2013

We also rented the large house and it was absolutely beautiful.. plenty of room for all the kiting gear , large spacious rooms each with their own bathroom..Very safe place wonderful people, we also met a few of the owners of the smaller units and they are wonderful people. I did see that someone posted that the maid service was included and I disagree, you need to tip these people something, In the guest book it says 500 to 1000 pesos is a good tip for them, 1000 pesos is only 25 dollars U S currency. they deserve more then that for all the work they do everyday.. Will defiantly be back.

Room Tip: This is perfect for 3 couples to all be comfy and not crowded, all rooms have ac PERFECT
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cattyb1313
Reviewed 15 January 2013

Having traveled most of the Caribbean islands, I would say these units are one of the best values I have experienced. Most of the units are privately owned and are managed by an ONSITE management group. The maids, service and maintenance help are extremely friendly. The complex is extremely safe, most of the time we left our front door wide open, even if we were not there. The island itself is much poorer than any island I have seen, however, the "locals" are extremely content and honest. Spanish is the main language and English is spoken only by a handful of waiters, shopkeepers, etc. Communicating was much more difficult than I had anticipated. The bars in Cabarete are open late(4am) and the hard party crowd comes out after 11pm. A walk to town takes about 10 minutes and is safe by beach or by street.

• Stayed: January 2013