“Super nice place on the beach”

Cabarete Beach House at Nanny Estates
New York City, New York
“Super nice place on the beach”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Great condo's. Pool. walking distance to everything Cabarete has to offer. Very clean and safe. The staff truly stands out as welcoming, friendly and professional. I can't wait to go there again. It is a unique resort and well worth it.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank peterIII

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

The beach houses are excellent for kids as well as for surfing. We were in A9 and the interior was fantastic. The pool is very good for kids and the whole property is very clean and very well taken care of. Bring enough USD in cash to pay the bill.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank davidchristenta
Bayahibe, Dominican Republic
Reviewed 9 February 2014

A hidden gem indeed. Perfect location - close enough to town and amenities but without the noise and bustle, just stunning beach and ocean views.

Listening to the waves roll over the reef at night is the best lullaby in the world. You get a good night's sleep for sure.

Over the past 2 years I've stayed at 3 of their townhouses. All were equipped with a high standard of furnishings and very tastefully decorated. The interiors were light and airy. The view from the bed in the front bedroom is stunning. Open up the balcony doors and take it in. I'm amazed I got any work done. The back bedrooms have extra large windows that open up onto a view of African Tulip trees. You'll find yourself mesmerised by the hummingbirds darting around its flowers.

The kitchens were well equipped with everything you would need for your self catering stay. Nice little personal touches like cold beer in the fridge and flowers upon your arrival were much appreciated.

The bathrooms were well ventilated with spacious shower units. The daily maid service was efficient and discreet. They really did keep the place immaculate.

All townhouses have private roof terraces back and front. The rear ones have outdoor showers and a place to hang laundry. The townhouses are set in a staggered formation so you do have privacy on your roof terrace.

The security is excellent - the ground floor rear of the houses I stayed in had solid security bars and locks on the back door plus another security gate and grill covering the ground floor back patio. The grounds are well patrolled 24/7 unobtrusively. As a single woman traveler I felt completely safe there.

The Cabarete Coffee Company is conveniently located at the entrance to the property and is great place for healthy breakfasts and lunch. They do deliveries if you are too lazy or busy to walk there.

The Cabarete Beach Houses management and on site staff are friendly, helpful, attentive and efficient, nothing is too much trouble for them.
They maintain the property to the highest standards which is why I feel that Cabarete Beach Houses holds its own against the newer plethora of luxury condos in the area.

I thoroughly recommend Cabarete Beach Houses for anyone looking for a relaxed and peaceful self catering stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank aquaria-1
Fort Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I stayed at Nanny Estates Unit A6 over the summer for ten days. It was our first time to the Republic and our first time renting a suite instead of going all inclusive. I was very very impressed. Let me start with the Resort Itself-- In the morning I would stand out on the deck and watch the beautiful view of the ocean. I appreciated how few people there were out on the grounds (coming from experiences with all inclusive) I enjoy the pool and was often the only one in it--But never shared the pool with more than one other family. Cabarete Coffee is just at the end of the driveway and you could walk out in the morning and get fresh fruit and honey for breakfast with a nice fresh coffee. I was impressed with all of the food in Dominican. Nanny Estates is walking Distance from all the Beach Restaurants in Cabarete...I would often walk down the beach. I found the staff friendly and felt very safe. The grounds were nicely groomed and the beach was always clean and void of peddlers.

A6--That is the Unit we stayed in....And the only unit I would stay in now. My unit was amazing, the living room looked like something you would see on HGTV and the beds were comfortable. I found everything I needed in the kitchen and loved the rooftop patio. I looked through the windows of some of the other units and they looked like they had fallen staight out of the 80's. (Though if you had a party of 10 or more, I would rent the unit that is right next to the pool)

I went diving in Sousua with the Cabarete Dive Company--Found them excellent, The water was beautiful and the staff friendly (And Extremely Knowledgeable) We also went to Monkey Jungle...Very good cause....And a wonderful encounter with the Monkeys...I was going to go ziplining but I was too tired from Diving that morning...lol

I would definetly recommend for anyone to try Cabarete. It is less mainstream than Punta Cana and for anyone looking for the quieter, friendlier version of international travel. I loved the area and the people...I will definetly be heading back to A6!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank TravellingLady32
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

My family came by this place ,when our beach house did not come through. We stop told them our situation. They gave us there best rate. They all were so helpful and accommodating. Will definitely go back and stay there.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Brenda D
British Virgin Islands
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We live in the BVI's and wanted to get away to relax from work and kiteboard for a week. We searched online for the ultimate location and affordable accommodations. Cabarete Beach House was a sure winner! Upon arrival we were amazed at the beauty and extremely clean and well kept gardens. Our Condo was far superior than expected, clean, comfortable with all the luxuries of home. In the morning we walked out to the waters edge and the Kiteboarders were all out in full force, our initial reaction was wow!! and then we joined in. My partner went for lessons with a very qualified instructor and off I went and hit the water with my gear. (A word of advice, you should wait to arrange lessons until you arrive, much cheaper on the beach to barter your hourly rate). The kids on the beach are great also! If you need help, they are there to help so don't let them scare you off, with onshore winds you can use the help at times. Tip them a few dollars and they are there to help you all week. Maria and the staff made us feel at home and everyone who came in that week became fast boarding friends. Highly recommend Cabarete Beach House, we will be back for 4 instead of 1 week next year. Holla!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank coolchange65
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The perfect destination to switch off and relax. The sun beams throughout the day and the beach is in the back garden. The villa is extremely clean as is the resort as a whole. Would recommend to anyone looking to get away!

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family