We just came back from Cabarete where we rented a condo at Nanny Estate. This is a really good place where to stay with a family for the following reasons:
- Excellent and friendly staff, although it helps to speak Spanish.
- Safe area for little children.
- Quiet place at night.
- Lots of knowledgeable people living here for years.
- Charming area.
- Nice condos.
The condo was clean, the sofa was brand new, the kitchen well furnished, and all the electronics were working. Our bed was very comfortable and there was ample storage room. There is a safe for your valuable in the main room.
We missed a little more of "personal touch" in the decoration, but that did not alter our stay! One should also beware with the stairs, as children may easily fall. The room facing Cabarete (not the beach) was not dark enough at night, because of a light right outside the house. It's also a little noisy, because there's a Dominican bar not too far away. This did not affect our son's sleep by any mean :-)
Some kiteboarding comments:
- One can inflate its kite right in front of the house, on the lawn (awesome!). The staff knows how to rig, start and land kites (really awesome!).
- Cabarete kite school is about 5 min walking down the beach.
- The beach in front of the condo is mainly used by beginners and there can be (too) many kites in the air when the wind is good.
- The water is choppy this time of the year.
- The location is about 5-10 min away from Kitebeach...
- Major restaurants are "downtown". This means a 15 min walk by the beach or a 25-50 pesos moto ride, or a 30 pesos 'guagua' ride or finally a 200 pesos taxi ride. There's a good Japanese about half way between the condo and Cabarete center. There's a delicious restaurant about 2 min away by the beach.
- Supermercado Rosa is good compared to others and not far away (5 min walking along the main street). The Pharmacy is right next to it and it has a lot of goods.
- The walk at night along the beach seemed safe (although people tend not to recommend it). There are armed guards (yes armed with shotguns!) in front of the Ocean Dream resort and in front of the Tangerine (ie: 2/3 of the walk). Furthermore you will meet a lot of other tourists.
- The whole condo is very secure too. The staff runs after any unauthorized person, whether this person is a Dominican or a tourist. So beware if you bring any friends!
Overall we enjoyed our stay and will probably come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Caribbean two story two bedroom townhouses are surrounded by beautiful tropical landscaping on private oceanfront property overlooking Cabarete Bay . Our property offers a swimming pool, Jacuzzi, tennis court and free parking ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Cabarete Beach House At Nanny Estates Hotel Cabarete