“A home away from home”

Cabarete Beach House at Nanny Estates
Reviewed 20 August 2007

Went to Nanny Estates for vacation this summer. I was so pleasantly pleased with everything. First of all, the place is incredibly affordable. We spent a full week there and spent about $600. Maria and Lourdes took care of everything. Before we even got there, I sent them a shopping list which they took care of. They coordinated a taxi to pick us up at the airport and drop us off as well. The homes were immaculate. 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, roof deck on the beach. Gorgeous. A cleaning lady came in every day to clean the house. The pool was fantastic and the water was warm and welcoming. Just watch out for the kite surfers.

The restaurants were great as well. I put all my reviews on
[--]
and I added pictures of the restaurants as well as all the food I ate. The nicest thing about dinner was the serenades on the beach.

Don't forget to hit up the Cabarete caves and Playa Grande. It is not a far ride to Puerto Plata. There are also other slightly hipper towns about 10 minutes, but I was quite happy I stayed where I did. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 July 2007

We found Nanny Estates on the Net, we were looking for a family place for myself , two children and my kite surfing husband.

I was dealing with Maria who runs Nanny Estates and she was fantastic, answering all my emails with endless questions to her and then on our arrival making us feel very welcome and giving us all the info we needed.

I can honestly say Nanny Estates was better then I could have hoped for, we were made to feel very welome, the whole place was clean, the gardens beautiful and the sea views amazing, the staff were brillaint with my sons and always helpful.
Our holiday ticked every box we were looking for and more. I am not keen on visiting a place twice, but have to say we will be going back as many times as we can.

HIGHLY recommend this place to everyone. A taste of paradise!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look forward to going back and seeing Maria and the rest of the Nanny Estates team as soon as possible

Stayed: April 2007
1  Thank hannamum
Reviewed 25 June 2007

we have been 2 times to nannys and we love it. The location, beach the village, very well managed condos and we dont even kite surf
the food has improved we had sushi about 5 mins from nannys, fresh fish every other day. If you dont mind cooking some of your meals, this the place for you

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2007

Stayed at rented self catering condo at Nanny Estates called Cabarete Beach Houses, approx 1 mile outside Cabarete. This is in a fantastic spot right on the beach, 10 minute walk along the beach and you are in Cabarete. Condo has three floors, living room and kitchen ground floor, 2 bedrooms and bathroom on 1st floor, sundeck on top floor.
There is a 10 second walk to the beach and great views from all rooms, as the website indicated you can hear the waves rolling in from your bedroom. There is a supermarket 5 minutes away so no problem for getting food and drink.
If you want to go self-catering in a perfect location I would recommend booking this place, I have already booked 2 weeks in July.

1  Thank Shavenmike
Reviewed 13 April 2007

We couldn't have had a better stay than our time at Cabarete beach villas.
Right from the start Maria the manager was incredibly friendly and helpful, and the excellent vibe continued throughout our stay. Lourdes was absolutely charming and all the resort staff from the security, the maid service and the groundsmen were all cheerful, welcoming and made every effort to help us enjoy a fabulous trip.
On our previous Caberete sojourn, we stayed in a hotel that made Fawlty Towers look like the Ritz, surly staff and a hotel that was falling apart. We checked ourselves out at first light.
Things could not have been more different at Caberete beach villas.Thanks to Maria, Lourdes and the staff we had the best Easter holiday ever. We are already planning a return visit for later on this year.
Thanks for a great time!

Stayed: April 2007
1  Thank ArchieL116
Reviewed 7 April 2007

We stayed for the first time at the Nanny Estates at the end of March and despite unceasing rain, we had a terrific time; the location is excellent -- the beach is steps away, clean and uncrowded. The condos are cleaned daily, and are well-equipped. The grounds are very well managed and beautiful and the ambiance is friendly, with welcoming long-term residents and ready conversation from those like us on a short stay. We found the management, Maria and Lourdes, to be friendly and helpful. We loved it and we’re getting ready to book our next trip.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2007

This was our eighth extended stay at Cabarete Beach Houses (CBH), and I can't imagine staying anywhere else. The location is ideal--right on the ocean and just a 10 to 15 minute walk to Cabarete. CBH are an ideal retreat because they offer a very friendly but quiet home after a day or evening in the bustling town of Cabarete. There are only 20 units in CBH, and all slant towards the spectacular ocean view. There is a wonderful lawn/garden common space between the two facing 10 unit buildings. This is ideal for children to play and friends to congregate. The pool area is perfect for play and socializing as well. Our daughter and her husband and 3 young children recently rented a unit. Although one can never take his/her eyes off a young child, it is a very safe environment for children because strangers do not wander through the grounds, and it is located well away from the street. The units are spacious and comfortable, the staff friendly, and the units well maintained.---not always easy to do in a tropical climate with difficult access to things we take for granted (like appliances). And, oh my! We have met some of the most amazing people at CBH over the years---from all over the world. We always look forward to our return to Cabarete and Cabarete Beach Houses. Maria has always arranged our stay to our liking, and has been very flexible and accomodating when travel plans changed or we needed to accomodate an extra person or two. The owners of CBH are lucky to have such a person to take good care of their Dominican retreat.

Stayed: March 2007