“Excellent Teachers - Great Experience!”

Laurel Eastman Kiteboarding (LEK)
More attraction details
Owner description: Laurel Eastman Kiteboarding (LEK) has been providing high quality kiteboarding lessons in gorgeous Cabarete Bay since 2003. Founded by American professional kiteboarder Laurel Eastman, the LEK flagship school in Cabarete teaches kiteboarding in a safe manner with a big emphasis on fun! A fully accredited IKO (International Kiteboarding Organization) center, all of LEK's qualified and multi-lingual instructors are highly trained experts and ready to share their passion for kiteboarding with the guests visiting Cabarete. Visit LEK inside the gorgeous Millennium Resort and Spa, located on Cabarete Beach, and experience for yourself the LEK style of service.
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I was thoroughly impressed with the teachers and staff at Laurel Eastman Kiteboarding. After spending some time watching instructors from other schools, I could really tell that the LEK instructors were knowledgeable and had their act together. Having never taken lessons before, I was nervous getting started, but my instructor, Jonathan, was awesome. He made sure I understood and felt comfortable executing each step of the lessons before moving on to the next. I had two days of lessons and am already planning my return trip to take more! This is definitely the place to learn! My husband already kites and it was great being able to store his gear in the lockers and the staff would help him launch and land his kite. The environment is a great place for all levels of kiteboarders.

There are newer reviews for Laurel Eastman Kiteboarding (LEK)

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Was here and reviewed 2 yrs ago, back for more training...this is still the place to learn or improve your skills in Cabarete. Maxine and great instructors make it all work. Go see them at the kiteboarding end of the beach, next to Millennium Resort, and you're set.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

The moment I walked in the office I was faced with happy, professional staff...including Miss Eastman herself! Loved the whole experience. Great staff, great instructions and training, great equipment! So happy with my instructor Jonathan! Memories that'll last..and a new hobby with that! Now if I can ever make it back to progress even more..and that I will! Thank you!

Reviewed 2 August 2013

I did not take a kite surfing lesson, but did buy 6 messenger and beach bags from the LEK shop. They are made out of used kites and so cool! Each bag is unique and some are even reversible. Great idea and design! Shop employees were very friendly too.

1  Thank DCJanelle
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My husband did his kiting course here and found the instructors , helpful and well trained. I have been in to purchase things and the staff is helpful friendly and reasonable prices. Definitly recommend them.