“Friendly, professional, skilled, and fun”
Review of Kite Club Cabarete

Kite Club Cabarete
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Kite Club Cabarete is the home of kiteboarding in Cabarete. We offer Beginner Lessons, 1 week Intensive Clinics and IKO Instructor Courses at any level. We pride ourselves on our reputation as the most professional Kiteschool in Cabarete while maintaining an open and friendly atmosphere. The Kite Club Team is led by Cabarete veteran and IKO Training Master Jon Dodds, bringing years of experience to the hand picked Instructor team.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Charleston, South Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Friendly, professional, skilled, and fun”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We took Kite surfing lessons and all had a great experience with everyone at the Kite Club. They are professional but relaxed and make everything fun instead of stressful. Carlos was our head instructor and honestly cared about our learning and did everything he could to teach us the right way. Also, the food there is very tasty!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Leduc, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Kite Club - Cabarete”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I just finished up a few days with the Kite Club in Cabarete. I found them by chance (& by reading other reviews) and overall my experience with them was excellent!! Even though the weather wasn't the best while I was in Cabarete...I still managed to get about 10 hrs with one of the instructors...taking me from an absolute beginner to being able to get up on a board. The facilities, equipment, professionalism, and overall vibe of Kite Club was all that I could have hoped for in introducing me to the sport of Kite-surfing....and when next in Cabarete, I will definitely be taking some more instruction from them.

Thanks a lot guys....much appreciated!!

Charleston, South Carolina
“Great Staff, Great Lessons and Great Food”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We stayed a week in Cabarete at Ocean Point 1 located direct next to Kite Club. When we got there we didn't know how lucky we were to be right next to Kite Club. We came to Cabarete to learn kiteboarding and Kite Club was the perfect spot. Between the 3 of us we had two instructors Carlos and Wilson. Carlos was my instructor and was unbelievable. He is great teacher and super energetic. Being my first time kiteboarding I am sure I made Carlos work hard but it never felt like it. He was always ready for more and you could tell he really wanted us to get up. Oh and his english is great if that is needed. The rest of the staff was super nice and very flexible with booking the lessons. We were only there a week and feel like we got to know the staff pretty well.

In addition to the kiteboarding, we probably made a trip to Kiteclub everyday to enjoy breakfast and/or lunch. The food was great there. It's also just a great place to hangout and enjoy watching some amazing kiteboarding.

When I go back to Cabarete Kite Club will definitely be my base for Kiteboarding.

Bavaro, Dominican Republic
“great place in caberete to learn kitesurfing”
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I stayed 1 month in cabarete . nearly every day i visited kite club and the atmosphere was very nice every day + every one was very friendly . great place to learn kite boarding with great instructors and also a great place to learn to become a instructor if your level is good . food is also great there !! its a very cool place and when the wind blows its the place to be :))

Visited June 2013
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great teachers, great food”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I spent 1-2 weeks at Kiteclub and had a great experience. I was particularly impressed by my kite teacher, Harrison. He gave simple, calm, direct, incremental and effective advice that helped me steadily progress toward kiting in just a few days. Kiting is complex for a beginner, with a lot of moving variables to consider. Harrison boiled them down and helped me focus on one thing at a time. I was impressed.

Visited June 2013