I highly recommend Millennium Hotel to anyone coming to Cabarete. The location is perfect, less than a 5 minute walk along the beach to all of the restaurants and bars, LEK kiteboarding school (which we also used and LOVED) is right out front and directly on the beach (and despite what another kiteboarding school/hotel incorrectly told me prior to our trip, you CAN kite anywhere in Cabarete Bay. Not just at Kite Beach!) So, we were able to launch right in front of the hotel. The rooms all have beautiful ocean views, huge balconies, beautiful furniture, full kitchens, and I thought extremely comfortable beds (if you like them more on the soft and fluffy side). If you leave food out and unwrapped in the kitchen, you may find some ants after a while, but we happen to be more on the tidy side and did not find that there was either an ant or mosquito problem like one of the other individuals who recently left a comment. Whenever we saw a few ants, we would just wrap up our food and put it either in the fridge or the cabinents - and the problem was solved. The hotel does not have some of the amenities of higher-end hotels in, for example, Europe or the States, but that's not why people usually vacation in Cabarete. Thus, the hotel does not have room service, a car service, or a 24-hour concierge, etc. But this did not bother us at all. Cabarete is a laid-back and friendly beach town and we came to kiteboard, surf, meet other like-minded people, and take it easy - all of which we did. We can't wait to come back, and will definitely stay here again if we can. The website is an accurate representation of the hotel so I suggest anyone who is interested check it out.
The only drawback or minor inconvienance I can speak of is that the hotel is currently adding another wing. I think it is scheduled to be completed at the end of the year, so I'd just call and check with the management. Even so, we typically left our room at 7 or 8 am to go surfing, canyoning, horseback riding (there are a lot of fun things to do in Cabarete!) before the construction started for the day, and we were often not back in our rooms until after it had finished so we hardly noticed any noise and I'd still highly recommend Millennium even with the construction. However, if someone plans to spend a lot of time in their room or to sleep late every day, this might pose a bit of a problem depending on how light of a sleeper they are.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Cabarete, Dominican Republic – one of the hottest vacation destinations in the world. As one of the most beautiful properties in the Dominican Republic, Millennium Resort offers one, two and three bedroom condominiums providing an exclusive, ultra-modern and luxe environment. At Millennium, experience the best in style, the best in comfort and the most spectacular ocean views in Cabarete. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Millennium Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millennium Hotel Cabarete
- Millennium Resort And Spa