“Great location! Excellent service!”

Millennium Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Cabarete
Providenciales
“Great location! Excellent service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

Just checked out of Millennium and had great time. The rooms are really nice; had some of the best sleep I have had in ages. Gorgeous big bed and HDMI TV's meant for some nice movies (off our laptop) at night.

Location is excellent - very central and close to everything!

And the service? Having spent so much time in Turks and Caicos I was shocked by how warm the service is in Cabarete. There is a genuine warmth -- of the kind you find in Bali and Fiji -- oozing from everyone here. So different from the cold and indifference attitude of so many of the locals in Turks and Caicos.

Millennium is expensive... not very expensive (and downright cheap compared with Providenciales) but there are many much less expensive options around Cabarete.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

All of the reviews for this hotel are spot on.

Like the one review before this one, the hotel offers free Wi-Fi. However, it's really only good enough to check emails and update your FB/Instagram profiles (which was good enough for me, so really no complains there). Not really good enough for work related tasks if that's what you're looking for.

The hotel grounds are beautiful and the decor throughout is quite tasteful. I stayed in a 1bd rm deluxe suite and it was great. Clean, spacious, and modern. Again, no complaints there!

The pool was area was beautiful, the restaurant had good Italian food, and though I did not spend any time at the hotel bar, it seemed to be a place where one could have a decent drink and good time.

Many thanks to everyone at this hotel for a wonderful stay but specially to Carolina, Meg, and Mario. These guys totally made my stay here a fantastic one. The staff at this hotel are by far the most friendly and helpful. They were always going out of their way to make sure my stay was as pleasant as possible. I had a horrible experience w/ Expedia when I booked my package, and even though the hotel had nothing to do with the mix up, they went above and beyond to try and remedy the situation. I’m extremely appreciative to the staff for this.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Dhana L
Panama City, Panama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

Preface: This was more of a business trip for my wife and I, not a vacation. We came specifically to find a place to live and get the lay of the land.

I'll start with the negatives so I can end on a positive note. First, the internet is embarrassingly bad. It's probably okay for checking emails and bragging to friends on Facebook but not as a means to get details on available services or hold online meetings with colleagues or rebook flights and such. One night I would consistently get errors going to Google but not to Bing.

Second, our room was right above the lobby. Which is right next to the bar. Which shows NBA playoff games. Our last night at the hotel, we endured an extremely noisy crowd as long as we could (about midnight) before asking to be moved to a quieter room on the 4th floor. Even without sports games, we can hear quite clearly all conversations that happen in the lobby due to the positioning of the room itself. I get the sense that this is a "feature" of this room only so if they try to put you in it, fight back. Hard.

On the good side: Rooms are quite nice. I really liked the room we moved to the last night and wish we would have complained earlier. The walk-in showers are fantastic and the bathrooms are quite a bit bigger than we're used to.

The maids moonlight as ninjas, I think. Very often, we'd leave for breakfast, come back after an hour and the room would be done. Didn't matter what time we left. 7:30, 9:00: 10:30. And we never had them knock on the door to see if we were in first like in most other hotels we've been in. It's like they were watching...waiting...

Front desk service was exceptional. When we arrived, we discovered we booked for the wrong dates. No problem, they put us up anyway, no extra fees, no "well this room is available but it'll cost you". Our A/C went out one evening and 45 minutes later, a tech was in the room to fix it. They told us before the repairman came that they had a room ready for us in case it couldn't be fixed that evening. Even the last night when we demanded to move and we were in a less-than-cordial mood, they were professional and quick to accommodate us. Hard to argue with someone when they say "okay" to all your demands.

As I said, we were here for business. Fifteen years ago, we may have been down at the bar watching the game with everyone pissing off guests ourselves. I actually do think this is a good hotel depending on what you're looking for. For my needs, I wanted a reliable internet connection and peace and quiet, neither of which I got. That said, it's a testament to the staff that this is a 3-star review rather than 1 or 2.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
7 Thank usherMocha
Muttenz, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

All of the rooms and facilities of this place are very modern and cleaned daily. The restaurant (Aqua) serves a variety of Italian food at reasonable prices. The pool is very nice and beach towels are provided. The TV in your room receives plenty of latinamerican, us-american and european channels in good quality. With a few exceptions, staff is friendly and helpful. Thanks to the ensuite kitchenette and a supermarket nearby you can even prepare some of your food and drinks yourself.
Furthermore, the kite school located in front of the hotel (LEK) offers classes with great and friendly instructors.
We will definitely go there again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a one-bedroom suite. The room and property were immaculate! Didn't see a place I would have rather been staying. The kitchen had all of the utensils and supplies anyone could ask for. We blended our own smoothies in the morning and piña coladas at night with fresh fruit from the street side vendors. The location is great! Its upwind of kitebeach by a mile or so and about a 1/4 mile from downtown and the restaurants. Will definitely be back and will stay here again!

• Stayed May 2013
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

I am a frequent traveller to DR, most resort locations, as well as the Capital ( Santo Domingo ).
I would normally prefer Punta Cana or La Romana, but was able to get a better flight to Puerto Plata and decided to try there for one week.
I checked into a perfectly nice resort, a sprawling complex typical of all inclusives. I couldn't find my way anywhere and prefer the beach to be no more than a few steps to my room. I felt like a fish out of water amongst all the families and couples and checked out the next morning.

I took a Taxi to Cabarete and checked into Millennium Hotel. When I walked into the room I knew I had found my place to stay.
This is beyond the normal expectations for Caribbean accommodation, at any star level. This one bedroom suite had been very carefully thought out. Right down to the pots and pans and juicer and silverware.... a kitchen stocked so well that even a creative chef would have everything needed. And NO cheap stuff to be found, anywhere in the suite. Marble and granite, leather upholstery. 2 flat screens, dual sinks in bathroom with eternity faucets, great shower etc.
The bedroom was large and provided quality space outside the main living area, for those travelling with another person. I was alone and able to tolerate my own company, full time :-).
The balcony had an exceptional view of the beach, right next to Kite Beach, well furnished, lots of room.
The restaurant 'Aura' located by the pool and on the beach, was incredible for lunch and dinner. Breakfast was fine. The service was top drawer. The prices, considering the quality, were very reasonable. Room service was prompt and never disappointed.
Last, and certainly not least, was the hotel staff. The girls at reception were delightful, excellent English, and determined to please. From the moment I arrived I felt that their purpose was to make my stay as seamless as possible, and they did exceed my expectations.
Everyone else, from the Bar tenders, maid service, pool and maintenance, were great.
This is NOT a budget Hotel. This is for the vacationer that doesn't mind paying more, providing they get the results they expect.
Loved this place and will be back.

Room Tip: There are NO bad rooms.... non suites are less money, and may not have a view. But will still be exc...