“Great secret!”

Millennium Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Cabarete
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I almost don't want to tell other people about this place b/c it was so incredible. The rooms were pristine, all-white, brand new, and beautiful, the pool was amazing, and the location was ideal for everything! Right on the beach, right around the corner from a little market & tons of restaurants. Service was excellent, too. And all at a fabulous price. Best hotel I have ever stayed in by far- and I think the best part about it is that it wasn't too big or too busy. Perfect place.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank tina m

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Service was somewhat unwelcoming at first, but the concierge wasn't present when I arrived. I had many problems with my room but rather than simply moving me to a different room they repeatedly sent the houseman to look after my needs, who did, but he also (each time) lingered to chat and flirt for over half an hour and made me very uncomfortable. He then added me on Facebook and, despite my not accepting his request, he sent me messages for almost a year afterward. I also found my room to smell like stinky feet, probably from the humidity and from poor air circulation in this area of the hotel (near staff quarters).

There was a tragedy in my family and I had to leave early, and the management did kindly refund me for the remainder of my stay.

My trip was a couple of years ago however, and the hotel may have improved significantly since then. But single ladies, keep your guard up.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank celesteofmontreal
MeghanCIsland, Guest Relations Manager at Millennium Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

On behalf of the staff and management of the resort, we do hope that you will return to Millennium to experience an excellent level of service and professionalism from our entire team. There is a full-time Guest Service Manager now who is dedicated to ensuring that your entire experience is relaxing and wonderful.
If there is ever a member of staff that makes you feel uncomfortable, you need only to alert any of the Guest Service or Front Desk team and we would take immediate action to ensure that you feel nothing but safe and welcome.
As it has been some time since you were here, I think upon return, you would find that the entire staff is dedicated to provided the best guest experience. We have no staff-quarters on property and a full-time maintenance team that could see to any problem that may arise, unless a room move would be the preferable option.
We do hope you will return sometime in the future and be able to enjoy the current property which has been fine-tuned to provide our guests with the most memorable holidays!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I stayed at the Millennium Cabarete for 7 nights. The hotel and its grounds are wonderful - very clean and well kept. The Location is ideal, walking distance to everything!

Some highlights - location, very spacious one BR. Comfortable bed, great pool, great beach, good staff, secure environment.

Some 'low'-lights - the ocean views are obstructed; the food at Aqua is sub par for the price, the water pressure was miserable in the sink/shower, the AC didn't work evenly in the room, the vendors on the beach are very annoying (can't sit on the beach for 3-5 minutes before being approached).

Point/s of improvement - more knowledge on food and things in the area is good. If all the staff was on the same page on the area/recommendations that would be good. They were all helpful, but can tell they were still leaning, which is good!

Overall I had a very good stay at MC. The staff and hotel will definitely draw me back for another stay!

Room Tip: Anything off the first floor is good.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

We had a great two week stay there! The staff everywhere was very friendly, especially at the pool (btw: great pool with fantastic view into the ocean and quite a spot for a nice foto) and the beach. Pool and beach area are clean, but be aware to see leavings of one of the very many homeless dogs occasionally. There is also a small gym which met perfectly with my needs (good cross trainer & AC), that also has a running machine and a room with weights and another for exercises. All was also very clean. Rooms a modern and are in my point of view near to perfect (wifi is sometimes poor and never really good, but hey: it's vacation - hopefully)
Because I am really enthusiastic about the hotel it hurts me to say that the sales performance is not only poor but the worst I have ever experienced. I asked two times for upgrade possibilities, was not satisfied by the offerings because they were standard and the hotel was only 1/3 filled during our stay. Extra money was easy two make, because we were willing to pay more but weren't looking for a standard discount (and also not looking for the best bargain of our life). There was nothing. Twice! And because we liked our room, too, we did not ask a third time.
So the hotel lost some easy to make extra money but nonetheless we had a really great stay and plan already to come again soon:-)!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tobias K
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I stayed for a week at the Millennium during low season and it was a great homebase for my solo beach vacation. Rooms are clean, but air conditioners are noisy, so be sure to get an ocean view room above the ground level so you can enjoy the view and leave your door open at night for a breeze and nice ocean sounds. The pool and beach access at this location are excellent and although there wasn't much wind during my stay, there is a great kite boarding school attached to the hotel - their staff was very friendly and helpful about making recommendations around Cabarete even though I wasn't a student there. The restaurant onsite (Aqua) is fine, but has a pretty limited array of Italian and pub-fare choices and does not serve breakfast. The in-room kitchenettes are great - with mini fridges that can keep items cold and hold enough drinks and milk/yogurt, etc. for a few days at a time. I was told not to walk alone at night on the beach or the street, so plan ahead to have a car, walk in groups or hire taxis to get around to restaurants and clubs after dark. There are a few tasty places right next door at Ocean Dream (Mexican and Asian/Sushi) that are walkable. The store in the lobby has basics (bottled water, candy, beer), but closes early (by 7 or 8pm) so plan ahead to make your purchases before you get a late-night hankering for a snack or run out of drinking water. There is a basic grocery store quite nearby, but to get nice fruits and veggies to stock your fridge you'll want to either hire a car and trek to Playero Supermercado in Sosua town (20 mins) or walk to Janet's in Cabarete and taxi back with your bags. This is a nice hotel property with safe, free parking if you rent a car. One nit-picky criticism would be about the pillows: generally limp or hard as rocks. Get some comfy, fluffy pillows!

Room Tip: Get an Ocean View room so you can see and hear the ocean. Get a kitchenette room so you can stock dr...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Sarah T
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Milennium Cabarete has potential, surely. The location and the views are unbeatable. But it fails to deliver and fails miserably.
I stayed at Milennium for 6 nights in September 2013, which was a low season. When I arrived for a check-in in the late afternoon, I was the only guest in the entire lobby. The place was practically empty. At the check-in the receptionist offered me a complimentary welcome drink, which I had to pick up myself (walking with my luggage) at the bar next to the reception desk. This didn't strike me as particularly welcoming, even if the walk was a short one. On my second day, I requested to replace one dirty towel, which never happened, despite the fact that I put it on the floor, as instructed. In the end I had to bring the towel to the reception to replace it. On my third day, the phone in the room went dead. I didn't bother to ask for a replacement, as I didn't use it anyway. On my fourth day, the electricity in my 1BR suite went off as well (funny, yeah, it's like a Murphy's Law at this hotel: anything that can go wrong, does go wrong). It happened at 9pm, when I was about to go to bed. So, I didn't bother to inform the reception and decided to wait until the next morning, since especially the phone didn't work either. That was a bad decision, because together with the electricity, the air conditioner went off. After a heck of a night, I got up at 6am to go for my surfing lesson and informed the reception on my way out that there was no electricity in my room. Surely, by the time I got back at 11 am nothing was fixed. Nothing was fixed by the end of the day either. As it turned out, it was "unfixable" and the hotel offered me to move to another room. After all this hassle, my last two days were uneventful. It looked like the Murphy's law worn itself out. I was curious, however, if the hotel would offer me any consolation at the check-out, if not to compensate for a disastrous stay, but at least to say that they were sorry. Nope. None of that. I checked out as if nothing happened. I had a pre-paid rate and decided not to make a fuss about a refund.
I believe that the construction quality is quite poor at this hotel, that's why they have such hick-ups with electricity, phones, etc. On a good note, I used the spa facility at the hotel and had a massage there. The lady, who did my massage, Larissa, was excellent. I highly recommend her services. Other than that, I would advise to avoid this hotel, unless they fix their communication/ electricity systems.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
8  Thank Ele931
MeghanCIsland, Guest Relations Manager at Millennium Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

On behalf of the team at Millennium, we extend our apologies for the glitches that occurred during your stay. We try to do everything possible to correct any issues. If there is ever a problem during your stay, alert us immediately and we will do everything in our power to rectify the situation.
A power outage is a very rare occurrence at the resort. It was an isolated incident and was not handled as best as possible as to keep the problem from affecting your stay.
We are doing a review with the entire team to ensure that any grievance is immediately and thoroughly attended to so that nothing but enjoyment and relaxation are experienced here.
Our sincere apologies that we did not deliver an absolutely wonderful holiday and hope that you will accept our invitation to return so that we can provide you with a flawless stay.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Three nights at this hotel and can´t say enough of the beautiful and comfortable rooms and outstanding service. The rooms are immaculate clean, minimalist style, with extremely comfortable big beds, the kitchenettes are fully equipped, and food at the Aqua Restaurant is superb. Pool service is great…everyone is so friendly… The only minor complain would be the Wifi which is slow, but I would definitively return soon to this hotel in Cabarete.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends