“Best in Cabarete/Sosua” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Millennium Resort & Spa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Millennium Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Cabarete
Bermuda
“Best in Cabarete/Sosua”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

OK - we stayed there for 4 days at the beginning of November 2013 - welcome was great - room was great - clean, modern, awesome bathroom, view etc etc...

Cannot say enough nice things about the hotel - and it's not too expensive either... OK there are no meals but there are at least 20 awesome beach style restaurants within a 5 to 10 minute walk from the hotel.

Beach was great too - pool awesome, and the food in the simple restaurant/bar was more than good.

I'm definitely booking again and going back for longer this time.

Room Tip: Spend the extra and get a 1 bedroom or larger suite - they have big balconey's overlooking the p...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MrBillTong

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
NYC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stayed a week at the Millennium back in Oct and really enjoyed my stay. The staff was very pleasant and helpful and the location was perfect. It was still low season so there weren't too many guests so were very accommodating when I asked to be moved to a top floor (much better views). Would be great if they had some night life but understand its because of the time of year. There's a supermarket 5 minutes away and everything is reasonably priced, including the beer. Make sure you stock your frig! Also try the cafe across the street for great smoothies and breakfast..the hotel's restaurants wasn't opened for breakfast so this was a nice alternative. I had a great time here and would definitely go back. My only suggestion to the hotel management is to provide coffee daily! All you get is a welcome package which is nice but daily coffee is a standard, guests shouldn't have to buy their own. The only other slight issue was the annoying sellers on the beach...I know they're doing their job and don't have a problem with that but I shouldn't have to say no half a dozen times to be left alone, it's really a turn off & the hotel should do something about that (yes I know its a public beach but at least usher them away if you see someone hovering a guest whose clearly declined several times).

If you stay here, make sure you check out Jose's Parillada (pica pollo) for authentic Dominican food (byob) which is only 5 min walk down a callejon (side st) off main road. It's after the Media Luna plaza going towards city center. Also further down that same street is Voodoo lounge where you can check out their open mic night or just chill out with good music and beer. Other food spots to definitely check out are Concho Loco (best fried fish dinner), Gordito's (awesome Mexican food) and Casita de Papi in city center (right on the beach).

Many here have mentioned safety with regards to walking in the evening..we had absolutely no problems walking to the center of town but there are stretches of main road that are poorly lit so did take a cab a few times. The only issue I had with this area of town is the lack of Dominican restaurants...lots of American/European options though.

Another tip, I got the best pedicure ever at the Spa from Santa.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better view
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

Millennium is a Boutique Hotel in the Cabarette area. It has beautiful and comfortable rooms up to American Standards, spacious and well equipped. I stayed in a suit that was elegantly furnished, had a kitchenette with lots of kitchen stuff for making your own meal (if that is what you want) and a wonderful King bed. Bathroom is spacious.
My room was on the first floor and I was able to walk from my balcony door to the pool and eventually to the beach. The pool is of the never-ending type. The surroundings are clean and plants and grass manicured. The pool area is private, very nice and cozy plus there is a nice bar that also serves food. One can go to the beach and enjoy water sports. But if you get tired of the noise, the hotel’s pool is private and won’t let beach sales people in.
But not all is perfect here. I had two comments:
I had problems with the air conditioner and the hotel doesn’t have a repair guy full time there. I had to wait until 8:00PM for the repairmen to show up. We ended up with lots of water in the floor.
Service is very slow. But this is a Boutique hotel so…
In conclusion; this is the place if you want to be if you want to relax in a higher standard place in the Cabarette area. It is not cheap ($165/night) but I was in a suit with kitchen, living room and balcony. Probably a regular room is cheaper.

Room Tip: First floor rooms have direct access to pool/beach.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

I almost don't want to tell other people about this place b/c it was so incredible. The rooms were pristine, all-white, brand new, and beautiful, the pool was amazing, and the location was ideal for everything! Right on the beach, right around the corner from a little market & tons of restaurants. Service was excellent, too. And all at a fabulous price. Best hotel I have ever stayed in by far- and I think the best part about it is that it wasn't too big or too busy. Perfect place.

1 Thank tina m
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Service was somewhat unwelcoming at first, but the concierge wasn't present when I arrived. I had many problems with my room but rather than simply moving me to a different room they repeatedly sent the houseman to look after my needs, who did, but he also (each time) lingered to chat and flirt for over half an hour and made me very uncomfortable. He then added me on Facebook and, despite my not accepting his request, he sent me messages for almost a year afterward. I also found my room to smell like stinky feet, probably from the humidity and from poor air circulation in this area of the hotel (near staff quarters).

There was a tragedy in my family and I had to leave early, and the management did kindly refund me for the remainder of my stay.

My trip was a couple of years ago however, and the hotel may have improved significantly since then. But single ladies, keep your guard up.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank celesteofmontreal
MeghanCIsland, Guest Relations Manager at Millennium Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
On behalf of the staff and management of the resort, we do hope that you will return to Millennium to experience an excellent level of service and professionalism from our entire team. There is a full-time Guest Service Manager now who is dedicated to ensuring that your entire experience is relaxing and wonderful.
If there is ever a member of staff that makes you feel uncomfortable, you need only to alert any of the Guest Service or Front Desk team and we would take immediate action to ensure that you feel nothing but safe and welcome.
As it has been some time since you were here, I think upon return, you would find that the entire staff is dedicated to provided the best guest experience. We have no staff-quarters on property and a full-time maintenance team that could see to any problem that may arise, unless a room move would be the preferable option.
We do hope you will return sometime in the future and be able to enjoy the current property which has been fine-tuned to provide our guests with the most memorable holidays!
NYC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

I stayed at the Millennium Cabarete for 7 nights. The hotel and its grounds are wonderful - very clean and well kept. The Location is ideal, walking distance to everything!

Some highlights - location, very spacious one BR. Comfortable bed, great pool, great beach, good staff, secure environment.

Some 'low'-lights - the ocean views are obstructed; the food at Aqua is sub par for the price, the water pressure was miserable in the sink/shower, the AC didn't work evenly in the room, the vendors on the beach are very annoying (can't sit on the beach for 3-5 minutes before being approached).

Point/s of improvement - more knowledge on food and things in the area is good. If all the staff was on the same page on the area/recommendations that would be good. They were all helpful, but can tell they were still leaning, which is good!

Overall I had a very good stay at MC. The staff and hotel will definitely draw me back for another stay!

Room Tip: Anything off the first floor is good.
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

We had a great two week stay there! The staff everywhere was very friendly, especially at the pool (btw: great pool with fantastic view into the ocean and quite a spot for a nice foto) and the beach. Pool and beach area are clean, but be aware to see leavings of one of the very many homeless dogs occasionally. There is also a small gym which met perfectly with my needs (good cross trainer & AC), that also has a running machine and a room with weights and another for exercises. All was also very clean. Rooms a modern and are in my point of view near to perfect (wifi is sometimes poor and never really good, but hey: it's vacation - hopefully)
Because I am really enthusiastic about the hotel it hurts me to say that the sales performance is not only poor but the worst I have ever experienced. I asked two times for upgrade possibilities, was not satisfied by the offerings because they were standard and the hotel was only 1/3 filled during our stay. Extra money was easy two make, because we were willing to pay more but weren't looking for a standard discount (and also not looking for the best bargain of our life). There was nothing. Twice! And because we liked our room, too, we did not ask a third time.
So the hotel lost some easy to make extra money but nonetheless we had a really great stay and plan already to come again soon:-)!

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business