“nice nice nice nice .... did i mention nice before” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Millennium Resort & Spa

Millennium Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Cabarete
New York City, New York
“nice nice nice nice .... did i mention nice before”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

We stay at the Millennium the first week of September 2013 .
Only for two days but it was a wonderful experience since we arrive there,the hotel it's top of the line,it's the best option in Cabarete, (not a resort) it's more like apartments right on the beach we got a double room with ocean view,the beds ,the sheets,the bathroom was really high quality materials and design,clean and the staff does a good job keeping the property in top shape.
The pool infinity pool right on the beach the main reason to go there.
cons restaurant not good eat on the town there's plenty to choose from,be careful at night and bring plenty of suntan lotion.
excellent overall i would comeback fro sure

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank benhur b

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

i've stayed at the Millennium several times and each time was enjoyable (Feb. 2012, April 2012, July 2012, Nov. 2012, Feb. 2013, May 2013, Aug 2013 and Oct. 2013 etc etc) As you can see i've stayed here several times. I'm a neat freak and the first time i stayed at this property i was amazed with how well they keep the property clean and safe. I was only disappointed one time after arriving to DR and finding myself looking for a hotel after everything was booked up and the millennium had plenty of rooms and refused to give me some type of discounted rate after staying with them over a dozen times. The night receptionist "Super Mario" is the best.

Room Tip: Do not stay in rooms with balconies that faces the garden/walkway....if you know what i mean (single...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

I researched Cabarete extensively and came up with the Millennium as the best choice and it lived up to standards and beyond. Quite simply, the best resort in Cabarete. So glad I stayed here and will definitely be back.

Stayed in the 3 bedroom penthouse and it felt exactly like I was in the States, but on an island paradise. Immaculate room..extremely clean and every possible amenity. Flat screen TVs in every room, kitchen, bar, living room, a massive terrace and our own personal jacuzzi. This room would have went for $2000 per night in the US..The maids would come in daily and made it look like we hadn't even been there..perfect job..

Check in was a Breeze and everyone who worked there was great. The girls in the lobby bar were so sweet and accommodating. They made us drinks and coffee daily without us even asking and recommended places for us. They even invited us out with them one night.

Resort was tranquil, gorgeous and extremely safe..I had hoped for it to be a bit more crowded, but others weren't there to party like I was...Don't despair, the town is a short walk with restaurants and bars aplenty.

I noticed that there are lots of Europeans who seem to live here for short term periods which was interesting. Once they see you regularly, they are quite friendly. Also used the spa where I received a great hot stone massage.

There was a happy hour with DJ in the lobby bar on Friday night which was great and we continued the party in our penthouse. I wish this place had a little more nightlife..

Can't wait to come back though, it's simply perfect!

Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank CTGuy24
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

No service at all. Just apartments. Unexperienced young girls at entrance .
There is not a real reception. Bad internet.
No breakfast ,no service at all.Not organized.
No support at all for surfers.
In very crowded high trafic area.

I could not get any documents neither on check in or check out. Even for my payments.

As a 25 year hotelier . I d not recomend at all.

• Stayed January 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Hsenaltan
MeghanCIsland, Guest Relations Manager at Millennium Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
On behalf of the hotel, I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. In regards to your comments, I would like to note that there is a reception as soon as you enter the hotel with friendly, professional staff. This is the same reception that accommodated your walk-in booking.
We have a beach-front restaurant which provides breakfast, lunch, and dinner as well as room service. You also experienced the services that our full-service spa provides.
We have a very active water-sports community with a kitesurfing school on property and we organize taxis to the nearby surf beach upon request.
We are located off the main road with complimentary parking (where you parked your vehicle).
We provide any documents that you may need upon check-in or check-out, including printing any documents you may need for travel or business.
As for the young ladies who assisted you, they are professional and maintain composure even when faced with angry or irrational circumstances. The staff is composed of wonderful, friendly professionals who would never accost or yell at a person upon check-in. As a 25 year hotelier, I would wish that you could say the same.
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

The Millennium is simply incredible! We stayed here to kiteboard at LEK and absolutely loved the place. One of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. Very modern and upscale. They have great service and an incredible location if you kiteboard.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank andrewcarey44
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

My family and I spent a week at Millenium Resort for vacation, and it was an amazing experience. The hotel is first class in every aspect, clean, stylish, and modern. The room was super clean, very comfortable bed, spacious, with fully equipped kitchen, living/dining area, huge bathroom, terrace, and includes just about everything you can possibly think of, plus an incredible view of the pool and beach / ocean. The service was fantastic, the restaurant food was delicious, and the reception area had a small convenient store, plus ATM, and concierge service that helped us get taxis, organize tours, and even get diapers for our baby. This hotel is ideally located on the whitest beach you can imagine, with all the top restaurants in Cabarete within walking distance, or a short taxi ride. I highly recommend Millennium Resort to anyone planning to go to Cabarete, which is a beautiful beach town, with loads of activities.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, but some are closer to the beach with better views.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

This hotel is in a great location, just a short walk to town, and loved how the rooms were clean and modern. Can I reiterate clean? Super important in my stays, and I was very happy with the cleanness. The bed was super comfy too!

The staff was very nice and worked with us on our million questions before booking. From the front desk to the guard at the security gate, everyone who worked there was super friendly.

My watch outs: I felt like we were crashing timeshares vs staying in an hotel. I feel like they were always running out of things that a hotel would have stocked to the brink - clean towels for the bathroom, beach towels for the pool, pads for the pool chairs, the phone in the room didn't work, and the fridge had a moment during one of the days. The restaurant on the property was 'eh' and there was no lobby life. If you view this more as an apartment complex vs hotel, its perfection.

However, overall, I really enjoyed my stay.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends