I actually arrived one day later at the hotel than intended due to a delayed flight which, in turn, caused a missed connection. However, check-in went smoothly and I was in my room just a few minutes after the taxi dropped me off at the hotel. The room was immaculate- and this could be said for the entire hotel. It's obvious that cleanliness is taken seriously at this property.
The amenities of the hotel are certainly not as extensive as one would find at an all-inclusive mega-resort but I wasn't looking for that in the first place. There is a nice pool past a garden courtyard behind the main building; the pool is itself just a few steps away from the beach. The restaurant, Aqua, is in that immediate area, and was quite good, though I only had dinner there once, preferring to spend the rest of the time exploring the city for dining options.
The hotel is about a kilometer from the heart of the Cabarete beach action and makes for a pleasant walk down the beach the get there. There are plenty of restaurants and bars in the area. One note- any tourist can expect plenty of sales pitches from local vendors whether walking down the beach or walking along the road towards town. At the beach, it's usually going to be vendors selling various trinkets; on the road, it's bootleg taxi offers on motorbikes. Not a major problem, though the vendors can be particularly persistent. If you do decide to buy something, best do so only after negotiating the price.
It's basically a very pleasant base to explore the beach, and at a very reasonable price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Cabarete, Dominican Republic – one of the hottest vacation destinations in the world. As one of the most beautiful properties in the Dominican Republic, Millennium Resort offers one, two and three bedroom condominiums providing an exclusive, ultra-modern and luxe environment. At Millennium, experience the best in style, the best in comfort and the most spectacular ocean views in Cabarete. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK) and Evoline ltd so you can book your Millennium Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millennium Hotel Cabarete
- Millennium Resort And Spa