“No second thoughts - GO”

Natura Cabana Boutique Hotel & Spa
Ranked #3 of 30 Cabarete B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I could write a rave review - this place deserves one. Upon our return and while there, my husband complimented me on my decision (I plan everything, research it all, but this was one of those gut (I am so tired and need to rest) decisions which turned out to be PERFECT - I mean it literally.) But I often use Trip Advisor to answer all those little niggling questions that make you hesitate about a booking so let me answer those for you looking for a real spot in the world - not manicured or contrived. This hotel is a mixture of Costa Rican eco-tourism, African open air resort, FL Keys funky, and south seas paradise - with a fabulous restaurant. With privacy - it feels like you share it with about 12 others. With a beach to absorb the sounds, smells, serenity - you can actually be by yourself. With security - for single travelers, for children, or just the savvy/watching over your shoulder kind of person. RELAX. Top all this with a staff who genuinely cared, but faded to the back when they were not needed. We did rent a car - but mainly just used it a couple of times as we were so content to stay here at the resort. We stayed 4 nights and ate dinner here every night. Yes, it was that good. Deep tissue massage followed by a hammock nap and wine at sunset on the beach. Ahhh. No AC - we never would have used it if it was there. Nights were fabulous under the fan and listening to the surf's changing rhythm. The rooms are low light, the closet gigantic, the baths rustic with hints of upgrades with marble and aromatherapy products and big towels. As a photographer and experienced traveler who lives in a great natural setting in the Florida Keys, I often wonder why leave home, but this is one of those unique spots in the world for which I'll save my money to return, I'll recommend it to my favorite people, and, yes, write a rave review! Thank you to Jairo, Vanessa, Arnulfo, Nelson, Augustina, and all the staff for making our trip so special. Close enough to perfect for me (and my hubby).

Room Tip: We were in Caracol - huge with a great front porch overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lulu120
Naturacabana, Guest Relations Manager at Natura Cabana Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you so much !!!
We really do appreciate it !!
You have no idea as comments like this fullfill us.
We are really happy that you enjoy your stay at Natura Cabana and we hope to welcome you again. All our staff will be motivated reading your comments, that give us motivation and fulfill us to work harder to improve our services.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

I had the opportunity of staying at the Natura Cabana Boutique Hotel and Spa I was in Cabarete for a month so only stayed at the hotel for a week, great week. My room was a mixture of tower and mermaid cave! As I walked in I was teated to a fabulous shower covered in shells. The stairs led to a huge room with fixed bed and wardrobe, fridge.....so much space and balcony that overlooked the gardens. Each room has an individual style and design. You are surrounded by manicured jungle, noises and all....absolutely brilliant! The sea is heard in the background, and it almost feels you have a private beach! The restaurant serves fabulous food.

My only negative comment is the sheets felt a bit old but I am fussy about sheets! Enjoy your stay and take ear plugs just in case the cockerel and crickets prevent you having a lie in

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank mariabeds
Naturacabana, Guest Relations Manager at Natura Cabana Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Thank you so much for your review!! It was a pleasure for all of us to serve you.

We are so happy that you enjoy your stay at Natura Cabana ..... and we hope to welcome you again.

At Natura Cabana, we strive to provide our guests with the best experience possible.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Everything was perfect about the Natura Cabana. The cabanas were perfect. Our two families had 3 cabanas. Each cabana was unique. We adored the porches! The staff took such care in maintaining our rooms and changing our towels, etc. The beach was perfect! We loved the waves! It was secluded and quiet on the beach! The views were sensational. The restaurants were beyond perfection! The breakfast was ample, fresh and delicious and served with smiles and kindness every single day! Our evenings spent at the restaurant savouring the most wonderful cuisine prepared by Antonio, the amazing chef, and being cared for by Arnulfo, the friendliest server in the world, created memories that will definitely last for a lifetime! We practised yoga, rode horses, boogie boarded, and enjoyed the spa! EVERYTHING about this precious resort is PERFECT. We really hope we can return! Thank you to the staff for making our holiday, well….PERFECT!

Room Tip: All of the cabanas appeared wonderful! We had India (two rooms with queen-sized beds), Mexicalia (l...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jill450
Naturacabana, Public Relations Manager at Natura Cabana Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Reviewed 2 January 2014

My husband and I just returned from our holiday in the DR, were we stayed at Natura Cabana for 6 nights. I wish it could have been longer! From the beautiful cabanas, to the food, to the spa, to the beach - it was all wonderful.

Our Cabana was constructed from stone, with a thatched roof and open (with fly netting) top 1/4 of the walls to allow in a cool breeze and the sound of the crashing waves. The bathroom was a stunning stone wet room, with a massive sunken open shower. Small galley kitchen and fridge completed the set-up. Decoration was simple but stunning. Outside was a gorgeous deck complete with laid back chairs, a wooden table, and a hammock seat.

Breakfast is included - a buffet of fresh fruit, yogurt, bread and coffee, plus a choice of pancakes, french toast (yum), filled crepes (double yum) and eggs. Dinners at the hotel restaurant were absolutely outstanding - a little more expensive than some local spots, but a mere fraction of the price that you would pay for a meal of that quality (and quantity) in the UK or US.

The beach is delightfully empty, the spa treatments are lovely, the yoga is intense. Simply divine. Would love to go back!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ZDetoledo

Thank you so much for your review!! It was a pleasure to have you here.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

My husband and I stayed one night at Natura and enjoyed every minute of it. I knew I was in good hands even before our arrival when I communicated back and forth with Jairo who answered all my questions. We arrived at 3pm (check-in) and were given a brief tour of the facility before being taken to our cabana (1 of 10). After our complimentary welcome drinks we sat off on our private terrace in our hammock and enjoyed the sounds of the ocean. This the place to go if you need to clear your head or need some downtime - no TVs or telephones but there is free wifi. Dinner was absolutely divine... conch carpaccio, mahi mahi ceviche, beef tenderloin, pan-seared tuna, passionfruit tiramisu and 2 delicious mojitos....$85 US!! Our cabana was so much more than we needed for just the 2 of us! Two twin beds downstairs and two queens upstairs. Be sure to use the mosquito net above the bed and use spray for some extra protection! Breakfast was simple but good - eggs, granola, yogurt, pancakes, crepes, french toast, fresh fruit and juice, coffee, tea, bread - and is included in the price. At the spur of the moment I made a spa reservation - 25 minute Indian Head massage for $25 which I thoroughly enjoyed. If ever in Cabarete.... be sure to stop off at Natura and stay for a while. You will be glad you did!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bermytraveller

Thank you so much for your review!!

We are so pleased that you enjoy your stay at Natura Cabana ..... and we hope to welcome you again for a longer period of time.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

I visit my friends/staff at Natura Cabana every year. 15 min from the airport, it is a refuge from the resort/casino world. The food is organic, gourmet, incredible! The wonderful yoga instructor has been there each year. It is a great workout in the most beautiful studio overlooking the ocean.
It is the best combination of beach, jungle, spa.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DJS430

Thank you so much ! We definitely feel you become a good friend.

All our staff will be motivated and happy reading your comments, that give us motivation and fulfill us to work harder to improve our services.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

My husband and I just returned from the DR and we loved this place. The location is beautiful and relaxing. The trees, the cabanas, the pool, the restaurants, and the beach are all wonderful. We fell asleep to the sound of the waves every night and there was an awesome rain storm one night too. The staff was super friendly and helpful recommending restaurants and things to see. The food at both the restaurants was delicious. Breakfast was buffet style- coffee, juice, bread, fruits and made to order eggs, pancakes or crepes. There's a surf beach a 15 minute walk along the water and the beach in front of the restaurant is perfect for swimming and sun bathing.
We highly recommend staying here and can't wait to go back ourselves!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much !!!

We do appreciate it !!

We are so happy that you enjoy your stay at Natura Cabana and we hope to welcome you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cabarete
Ultravioleta Boutique Residences
Cabarete Maravilla Eco Lodge & Beach
SurfBreak Cabarete
SurfBreak Cabarete
#1 of 30 in Cabarete

Been to Natura Cabana Boutique Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!