“Excellent food beautiful environment”
Review of Chez Arsenio

Chez Arsenio
Ranked #35 of 141 Restaurants in Cabarete
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We own a home in Cabarete and rent it out when we are not in town. Our property managers recommended this restaurant and I can see why. There is not a lot of seating but we didn't have to wait long to get a table. It's right on the beach so you could hear the waves crashing.
The filet was amazing and cooked perfectly. The seafood pasta and salmon was super tasty. You could tell everything was made to order. To end their frozen lime cheesecake was mouthwatering and my husband loved his tiramisu. Both home maid not store bought. The service was excellent. I highly recommend!

Reviewed 12 January 2014

The food is excellent, very professional and friendly,
I was surprised by such good food ,don't understand some of the bad comments by other reviews. I've been to some of the best restaurants around the world and this cook is up there with them.
Be a good contender for top chefs on TV LOL ..

Reviewed 26 December 2013

We purchased a condo there in October. I can't tell you what a bonus Chez Arsenio's restaurant is to this area. The food is excellent, the servers, Lopez, Himi and Miguel are not only very professional, they are friendly, polite and go out of their way to see that you are having an enjoyable lunch or dinner. We found the food to be unbelievably extraordinary. We're from Louisiana and our taste buds are hard to please. The menu gives you a large variety to chose from and Arsenio has the uncanning expertise to master each superbly. And if you don't see what you want, just ask Arsenio and he will try to accommodate you. I've not seen him fail! Oh, and did I mention the view. You are practically sitting on the beach with palm trees separating you from the beautiful wave action. Don't miss an opportunity to enjoy the fine dining at Chez Arsenio's
Daniel and Brenda Thomas

1  Thank Dbthomas2013
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I was taken here by a friend recently, because I really needed a break from the same 8 restaurants in Sosua that I eat at on a rotating basis. (I don't have a car here.)

It's a very pretty setting, a circular building with a thatched roof, and a great view of the water. It is very pleasant to take your drinks on a walk on the beach while waiting for food to be prepared.

My friend had the salmon, with which she was very pleased, and I had the pasta puttanesca, and was pleasantly surprised to find it actually had a spicy kick. The portions, in Dominican style, are huge. It certainly wasn't knock-your-socks off food, but it was very good, attractively presented, and very tasty.

And quiet. Very, very quiet, which is a premium in the Sosua/Cabarete area.

1  Thank Mollybloom51
Reviewed 1 October 2013

After living in the DR for a month, a few of my neighbors had told me that Chez Arsenio is a good place to eat with cheap prices and specials, and the mango cheesecake is God's gift to earth. When I finally found my way out there however, I did not see ANY of the things my neighbors or any of these other reviews said.
First of all, unless there is another Chez Arsenio's somewhere, those pictures are NOT of the same restaurant. Although there is a good view of the ocean and peaceful palm trees, there were peacocks wandering the property and literally CIRCLING my table as we ate. The charm and beauty of the peacock was lost after about 3 minutes as he stalked around our table, clicking, and getting dangerously close to our food.
Secondly, the service was horrible. We were the only ones in the entire place and it took ages for the waiter to do anything. Mostly because he would go back behind the bar to text or talk to his friends that kept materializing out of the woods nearby. We asked about specials and got a bunch of mumbles, we asked about certain menu items, he said they didn't have them or he didn't know what they are. And of course they did not have the famed cheesecake.
The food was mediocre. The hamburger bun was stale and the fries were obviously cooked with some VERY re-used oil. They were greasy and not crunchy. The salad was obviously frozen beforehand. On top of that, the prices were not even that cheap. I could name countless other places I'd rather go with better food, cheaper prices, and just as good of scenery.
I don't know if this was just a fluke incident for me, but I would never give this place a second chance, and I wish someone had warned me so I didn't give it a first chance!