“one word - fantastic”

Ranked #6 of 27 Cabarete B&B and Inns
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“one word - fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

I have stayed at Kite Beach Inn for two summers now, and I could not ask for anything more. The owners Lucy and Jim are so welcoming to everyone that walks through the door. They sure do have a story or two to tell ! I travelled this year on my own, in full knowledge that the Inn would be packed full of kite boarders so I would have no trouble finding people to hang out with. I have met people at Kite Beach Inn from all over the world, who have become some of my best friends.

The rooms are well kept, clean and spacious. The bathrooms are modern, the A/C is great (if you don't want A/C then a fan is in every room - just as good in my opinion !) The rooms are very affordable, which is why it appeals to so many young travelling kiteboarders. The hotel is situated right on the beach, where the water is the most flat (down the beach to the west it only gets choppier) and kite beach inn users are able to use next door Kite Club's facilities (air compressor, hoses for washing your kit ).

The hotel has communal kitchen facilities for those who don't want to pay for a kitchenette in their room, which makes life nice and affordable. Security at night is great, making it a very safe place to be. The pool is great, and Coco Loco beach bar by the beach is the place to be after a session ! There is always a party going on at KBI. I could not recommend it more !

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Polish first
Samedan, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

I stayed for two months at the Kite Beach Inn last September/October. I felt really welcome from the beginning to the end and it made it really hard for me to leave. The owners Lucy & Jim and the rest of the Kite Beach crew helped everywhere, even bringing and picking me up from my yoga lesson at Encuentro... It's such a great place if you like to kitesurf and easily get in touch with like-minded people.
I will be back this year for sure!!! I can totally recommend the facility if you like to have something small, cosy and having the feeling to be part of the Kite Beach Inn family.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

This little inn is awesome. The location cannot be beat if you are a kiter or just want to watch the action of the kiting at Kite Beach. The facilities are great and the owners are extremely accommodating. The airlines lost our bags and the inn let us use their phone and internet to call the airlines even when we weren't staying at the inn for the 2nd half of our trip. This is the place to stay if you are visiting Cabarete on a budget!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank andrewcarey44
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

Kite Beach Inn was packed when I booked my room last minute, so I think I had one of the lesser rooms on the property. With that being said, the value was nothing to complain about.

The magic of this place is the coco loco restaurant/bungalow right on the beach and the amazing stretch of beach that the Inn sits on. Just beautiful, relaxing, and a great bohemian vibe. Highly recommend the Inn and Kite Beach in general, even if you don't Kite Surf!

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

My Wife and I had the pleasure of staying at Kite Beach Inn for a full three weeks. We had not a problem with the hotel or staff. Infact The owners Jim and his wife Lucy are the most hospitable and gracious hosts, treating us like friends. When my wife cut her foot surfing encuentro Jim drove me to the pharmacy and aided in getting her ecxacly what we needed to get her better. He and Lucy had wonderfull advice on just about any Dominican related topic with only the entent to help their guests. They were just as helpful with all their other guests.They have great rates and a variety of room options.It's on a beutiful tropical sandy beach,has a nice pool, and is minutes walk to the bars, restaraunts, and clubs, but away from the noise. This place is great.
Perfect vacation get-away,
Craig-n-Catherine

Room Tip: Take your pick... single, double, Big, small, kitchen, basic. Oh and the Inn has a nice clean open a...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Eastern Passage
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

My husband and I went to Cabarete to learn how to kite board. That was our goal. This place did exceed our expectations for bare necessity. Yes, as a couple, we had to slide the 2 small beds together, but we chose the cheaper room to save some money. The shower could have definitely used a curtain, as no matter how hard you try, water gets everywhere, But we got an extra towel to help clean up. The room itself was bright, very clean, with lots of storage space, and we could still see the ocean. The back yard of the hotel is quaint, but still felt like a little piece of paradise, with a pool and a beautiful ocean view. The bar out back was closed when we were there, so we just used it as our own little back deck at night to sit with a drink and listen to the ocean. The staff was super helpful and friendly, giving us ideas of morning trips we could do, and helping us situate ourselves in the town for meals.

For those learning to kite board, this was the perfect location: right on the beach, right beside the kite school. There is a little place across the street where they serve huge (delicious) lunches at a great price. They also sell fresh fruit all day which we used for our breakfast. It wasn't that far into the town, and its a beautiful walk along the beach. As a couple both learning to kite board, this place was perfect. It was 100% functional for our trip. If you are travelling as a couple, and only one is going to kite board, and the other no interest, the other may find it a bit bare and out of town, but for the purpose of kite boarding, it was perfect!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HCaverly
boston, massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

If your a guy or girl going there just to kite then this is the place for you. If you are the spouse of the kiter, it isn't that pleasant. The room we had did have air conditioning not all rooms do. We are a couple and had to push 2 twin beds together. The shower has no curtain or door so when you shower the whole place gets soaked. The plumbing there also is not too good. If you go to the bathroom make sure the water in the toilet has completely stopped running or you will come back to a room full of water. So if yr a kiter just looking to crash this is perfect!! Staff is wonderful.

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank cattyb1313
LCSTravelReview, Owner at Kite Beach Inn, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
First of all, I would like to thank our guest for taking the time to write a review. Based on the room description, I believe this particular guest stayed at a standard room with air conditioning. As stated on our web page, all our standard rooms have 2 single beds. We do have queen sized beds for couples in ocean view rooms and ocean view studios. Also, not all guests require air conditioning, so we give our guests the option to choose with or without AC at a cost savings, without AC, at USD $10/night. A fan is in the room if a guest chooses the no AC option. We have 2 standard rooms with no bathroom door. These are in the renovated buildings where the wall space is non standard and we have yet to find doors that fit but this is on our improvements wish list. We opted to use glass blocks with a small opening in lieu of shower curtains in some rooms, this is purely a design decision. Regarding the plumbing issue, our maintenance staff would have tried to get that fixed if it was brought to our attention. A room full of water is definitely not what we want either. To summarize, Kite Beach Inn offers many room categories to meet different budgets and needs. I am confident we can find something to your liking if specific requests are made at the time of booking. This being said, we are not a luxurious hotel but one that is comfortable and right on Kite Beach. I would like to close by thanking our guest again for taking the time to write the review.