“Another 3 weeks of pure pleasure”

Hotel Celuisma Cabarete
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Cabarete
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We have been going to this hotel for many years. The hotel itself needs a little updating but you make up for it with the warm welcome you get. To us it's like a family, every year the same people come back from Canada, Germany, Russia, Great Britain and we get together and have fun.

It is not a big complex, the buffet is not very big but the food is very good, there are 2 Restaurants (Thai) and one a la carte (Windows).

The staff is very helpful and friendly. From the cooks, waiters, barman, maids and reception clerks will do everything in their power to make your stay a pleasant one. Do not forget that it is a 3 star hotel in the Dominican Republic.

But for us it's the animation team (Rambo, Angel, Jose, Delvi, Claudia, Nayelli and Amanda) that make us go back every year,

Room Tip: Take a room on the second floor.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Dedegatineau

Reviewed 9 March 2014

You get what you play for!! If you're expecting the Ritz for the price of a Motel 8 you will be disappointed. The rooms are old but clean and everything worked (I recommend paying a bit more for the pool view rooms). The property is old but they have 2 great pools and its right on a private beach. The food is mediocre but you will find something to eat. The staff is super super friendly and great with the kids, and they really try to show you a good time.
We were only there for 4 nights but all in all my 3 kids (11,9,3) loved the place and didnt want to leave. We rented a car and continued from there to the highlands and then to Samana and actually came back for the last 2 nights of our 2 week travel.
To be honest if we were to spend a whole week just in a resort I would probably pay more and go elsewhere, but for our needs (spending a few days relaxing) it was a great value and we probably saved a few hundred dollars by staying and eating there.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank SivSof
Reviewed 20 February 2014

When you book through Sunwing, there is a bus waiting to pick you up and deliver you to your resort safely. At first the place made me a bit nervous, it is a bit run down, but the staff,beach,pools and beautiful weather made it a 5 star trip. I must say the room we had was large, very clean with comfortable beds, and a fridge, however there are no face cloths, hairdryer, clock, or phone, ..The beach was great and had a breeze so you could at least get out of the beautiful sunny heat. The pools (though 1 was closed for refinishing) were beautiful and used often as much needed break from the sun. The staff was AMAZING and very helpful, though very little english. The entertainment did play games in the day and a show in evening. Not a whole lot goes on at night, there are pool tables and a dart board (bring darts if your a serious player theirs are cheap and break easy) The power and water would flicker off couple times. The food was good, not a 5 star, but good, also you can bring food from the store in town or suggest something and they will try to prepare it for you. We didnt do ala cartes because the variety in the main dining room was good enough for us. If your looking for Sun beach pools and all the free booze you can drink while just laxing, this is the best place for your bucks.. I would go back..

Room Tip: A balcony facing the trees , just to get shade after a day of sunning
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Tina V
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I had made a reservation for this place according to the location and the beautiful pictures. WELL .... let me say what a huge disappointment it was when I walked onto the property. The place is trash, worn and old fashioned looking. The staff was super unprofessional, dressed like they were going to hang out with friends and acting like uneducated street people. The grounds were not well kept, the room looked like something straight from 1983, and the bathroom had an inch of water all over the floor. I won't even go into detail about the type of people I saw staying there....trash would be an understatement. Needless to say, 10 minutes was too long to stay...I got a refund and left immediately. Never again

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Samantha M
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I had read the mixed reviews of this place and decided to give it a chance. I am American living in DR so I am used to things not being 5 star and thats fine. I was not expecting greatness. Just a relaxing place to lay by the beach and pool, shower, and sleep. I was able to do 1 out of those 3 with no difficulty... so its not all bad. The beach and pools are fine. Clean. Nice. Relatively quiet. No complaints. The water at the hotel was having some difficulties the entire time we were there. When we arrived at the front desk a girl came up and said her toilet wasnt working.... then we were taken to our room.. fine.. average. i checked the toilet to make sure it flushed.. it did. great. then we tried to turn on the AC.. didnt work. okay... then i checked the toilet again and it didnt work. and the water in the shower was very, very minimal. okay. so we went to the reception. they said they would fix everything.. great. they sent someone and he said well i cant fix the AC but the bathroom is fine. ok fine. we get back to our room. bathroom only works sometimes. so we sleep the first night no AC. but then the electricity goes out in the middle of the night... not their fault i suppose.. but without a fan i could not sleep. thats where i draw the line. i went to the front desk at 5:15 am (45 minutes after the electricity went out) and they said "yeah... we're gonna call someone now...".... ok electricity comes back on. next day they sent someone to fix the AC again.. still broken. then the water actually went out because of the electrical problem during the night. so even though we didnt have the all inclusive package, we got them to give us free drinks for the rest of our stay. and they changed our room to a MUCHHHH nicer room with AC.. water situation was still not ideal but i'm understanding.

Also, I got this hotel during a sale, so for what we were paying it wasnt the worst experience. but i would NOT recommend paying full price for this.

The woman in charge of house-keeping and maintenance and basically everything was very helpful. everyone else pretty useless.

Room Tip: check all appliances and faucets before accepting a room. they will move you if you dont like the ro...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Becca B
Reviewed 29 December 2013

This year we decided to spend a couple of days at beach hotel in Celuisma Cabarete.
Caberette is known for wind sport, and the International kite-surfing competition every year.
Celuisma is a full-service hotel,greatly respected for its ambiance and friendly staff.
Beautiful room and very clean... The view was spectacular from our balcony; we were looking right across the pool and had beautiful views of the sunrise.
The pool was always clean, next to the pool ocean view.
Food was ok,when you were hungry and I suppose that's all that matters!
You can always find something ...according to your food test.
This is really an ok place to stay if you plan on spending time outside for wind sport, and the kite-surfing.
The resort area was nice and clean and the staff was fun and energetic!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Elena K
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I have been travelling to this hotel for just over 2 years, 3 times a year and every time I fall in love with country more and the people.
everyone in the hotel I consider friends of mine, especially the animation team and the manager Fransiscoooo hahah
I had a moment of sadness at the hotel and everyone there was so supportive!
yes the hotel is quite and at the moment there isn't much going on, but you have to give it a chance. they do whatever you want, if your not happy they will do whatever they can to make sure you are. When the shows are they are good and they make do with what they have.
If you get to the know the loving kind people you will fall in love with the place and I cannot wait to go back.
I LOVE MY DOMINICAN HOME!! :D

Room Tip: If you are not happy just ask!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family