Hotel Alegria
Kite Beach Hotel(Cabarete)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$761
US$738
Travelocity
Velero Beach Resort(Cabarete)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$94
Sea Horse Ranch(Cabarete)
US$1,534
US$160
US$136
Travelocity
Kite Dreem Hotel(Cabarete)(Great Value!)
US$35
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbeautiful long beachhome away from homesmall hotelpetersupermarketnightlifekitchenette
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Not fancy - old furnishings, noisy AC, and small room. BUT...............hot showers! clean room, and really helpful staff. We spent our first night in the DR here and didn't realise what a little gem it was. The WiFi worked nicely, the AC worked well and those hot showers - nothing to be scoffed at in this country. Quiet, easy to walk around, off the sex tourist route in town, reasonably priced food and close to a nice beach. We paid $40/noc for 2 with AC - $35 without. If we return to the DR - this will be a place to return to.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hikergirl57
AlegriaOwner, Owner at Hotel Alegria, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2012

We are pleased to provide our guests with a range of room options. For the most budget conscious we have the standard rooms which this guest chose where you get the same amenities as in our more upscale rooms in a smaller size and without the view and balconies afforded by our ocean view rooms.

Reviewed 14 February 2012

This was a very chill end of the road quite little place, the only thing I didn't like is I could tell the person before me had smoked in the room

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 February 2012

We have stayed at Hotel Alegria a few times over the years and love its location. It is located a quick 5 minute walk down the beach from the busy downtown area. The staff is very helpful and friendly and our room was cleaned promptly each day. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a/c since some of the upstairs rooms only have fans.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank jsmorgan
Reviewed 18 January 2012

What you see is what you get. I spent $32 U.S. a night for a standard room. The room was fine. Just like in the picture. It was not on the ocean which I could not for the most part hear and sadly it was a little loud with the noise of a/c units etc., but outside of that was just great. The hotel staff were very nice and friendly. I didn't get to use the hot tub on the roof because of a 17 minute timer you have to keep running up to get it to warm up. I did use the elliptical machine and the weights and had a pretty good work out. While the machine is not in the best of shape it is usable and I was glad to have it. It is the best location in Cabarete in my opinion. A quiet beach right outside and a very short walk to town central. I had a lovely time. Cabarete is beautiful, idyllic caribbean get away and Hotel Alegria and it's staff are wonderful. Thanks -

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank ken d
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We stayed for 2 nights only.
The Good: Location is within walking to all amenities you can need in Cabarete like supermarkets and restaurants. You can access all restaurants from the beach thru a small corridor on the back of hotel. Yes it can be dark at night but we (couple in late 40's) never felt in danger.
Staff if very friendly and helpful. Breakfast ($150-300 depending on dish) at the restaurant was very good. We had the Americano - eggs, bacon, potatoes, toast, coffee, juice, jam and we also had the pancakes -all made from scratch - and they all was excellent by any standard. We didn't have time to try it for dinner.

The Bad: premises and rooms are worn out. furniture in room was really old and dilapidated and tiles in bath were broken or just badly patched up (I know this is common in DR). The bed was very basic (hard and linens ugly). Nothing plushy here and for $70 per night I didn't expect much but I was hoping for something close to a Microtel in US but no such luck.

Having said this, the ac worked, we had hot water always, the tv and small fridge worked. Nevertheless I'm grateful that I got a room there as every other place I tried was booked.

Would I stay at Hotel Alegria again? It may not be my first choice again but at least now I know what to expect, so yes. I went to Cabarete knowing that part of the fun is meeting all the interesting people that venture there and to experience the laid back vibe of the area, that I got.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple