“Laid back lunch”

Casa Mami
Ranked #25 of 134 Restaurants in Cabarete
Price range: US$4 - US$40
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Casa Mami is different in Cabarete, another world served in an open and typical Dominican environment at Extreme Hotel. Casa Mami has seafood and meats instead served with Spanish Dominican and recipes.
Sherman, Texas
“Laid back lunch”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Casa Mimi is about as laid back and local as you can get in Cabarete, Dominican Republic. The restaurant is basically a big open cabana with nice ocean breezes blowing in from the beach across the street. Apparently the cops from the police station next door are regulars which gave the place a very local feel. Our party of three ordered a cross section of the menu then waited as we sipped beer and got to visit with the proprietors little dog. I had a Dominican style fish in sauce with rice and salad, and sampled some of my wife's lobster and tostones (fried plantain). All were very tasty and satisfying without being overwhelming, which is a good thing during the heat of a Dominican day. Well worth a visit if you want to get into a Caribbean groove.

• Visited August 2013

“Best place Cabarete”
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

So down to earth, you feel like at home. Very cheap, we had two fish and salad. Everything was great! Best fish I've eaten in RD. It's a must!!!

San Diego, California
“Lobster is Amazing”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I went to Casa Mami for my birthday and was not disappointed. Fresh lobster and fish was delicious. I agree with all the praise for the food, service and ambiance. The only thing I would point out is that make it a special occasion. They don't spare the butter or the salt so get ready for a decadent tasty meal!

• Visited January 2014
Denmark
“Here's how to find it.”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I cannot add much to the praise about the food, service and prices, it’s all true. So I thought I'd describe how to find the place, since it seems to cause some difficulty, also to me.

Starting from Janet’s supermarket, head east out of town along the highway. After about 5 minutes walking you will see the Playa Ventosa resort on your left hand, and on your right a “Gentleman’s Club” that looks like a Las Vegas project gone horribly wrong.

Continue past the resort, passing a couple of medical clinics, and just as the wall surrounding Ventosa stops, Casa Mami is on your right hand.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Wohlert
Washington DC
“Off the Beaten Path”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I had a little difficulty finding the place since it was noted as being next to the police station. What they really meant was the old station which is now a vacant lot. Once we found the place, it was quite nice. My wife had a shrimp dish which was very good. I ordered a shrimp tortilla. I was surprised when it arrived as shrimp in an egg style pan cake. It was quite good. The plantain side dish was very tasty. The prices are more like $500 RD than$300 RD

• Visited January 2014