LG Surf Camp
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Kite Beach Hotel(Cabarete)(Great Value!)
US$98
Velero Beach Resort(Cabarete)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$1,534
Agoda.com
US$140
Priceline
Kite Dreem Hotel(Cabarete)(Great Value!)
US$35
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
All reviewskite beachlucianoseawindpaddleencuentroaccommodationsurfocean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I was fortunate enough to spend three and a half months in Cabarete learning to surf at Playa Encuentro with the Master of The Ocean himself: Luciano Gonzales (LG). Learning to surf is probably the best thing I have ever done in my life and I am truly one of the converted. There is no feeling in the world like catching and riding a wave. It is just total joy, bliss, happiness, full of excitement and giggles. I think I was easily spotted by others in the water on account of the giant grin on my face at all times. Luciano is an amazing, encouraging and very patient teacher. He is the best person in the world to make laugh because he laughs with his entire body... Seriously, you have to tell him a funny joke and try it out. His laughter and love of the water is infectious and he's just someone that you want to be around. He provides a top notch service in and out of the water, he'll bring you to the best breakfast place on the beach and he knows exactly where to g for lunch and dinner (whether you want a five star dining experience or you want to try something more authentic and local). Everything is perfectly taken care of and the condo units at SeaWinds are absolutely gorgeous, modern and on a beautiful stretch of beach.... walking distance to everything.
I loved it! I will go back over and over and over again! Thanks Luciano for showing me the way to surf! :) :)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Our stay in Cabarete was amazing! Our room was beautiful, clean, on the beach, and walking distance to many great restaurants and bars.
Luciano is a great instructor and if you want to surf or kite board you should definitely plan a trip with him. We were around many other surf camps and I am extremely happy my boyfriend found Luciano, his lessons were one on one and he was able to pinpoint exactly what to do or not do when surfing. I saw other camps when surfing and it looked like people were everywhere with no real instructor.
He also introduced us to many locals (like Lori) who are awesome and made our trip very memorable. They also recommended some of the best places to dine (like the pasta for lunch at coco loco), delicious!
Paddle boarding to Wilson's is a must and Luciano makes it easy by providing everything!
I highly recommend LG Surf camp and we will definitely be returning! Thank you Luciano!!! You are the best!!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Our family did the week long surf camp at the beautiful Encuentro beach with LG Surf Camp. Our boys (ages 15 and 17) had been surfing before, but it was a first for my husband and I. Luciano was the best instructor we could have ever hoped for, and we all made great progress throughout the week! The beach was not crowded and certainly not a huge tourist attraction, which is exactly what we were looking for. Not only is Luciano an extremely accomplished water sports athlete and an excellent instructor, but he is a great host and trustworthy person. He took us for meals at all the local places - the food was extremely good and all the people we met were very nice. Luciano took care of all the details for us - carting us around Cabarete, taking us stand up paddle boarding down the river, setting up the best day of horseback riding in the mountains, and he even got us taxi service back to the airport in Santiago at 3:00 a.m.! Luciano called our taxi driver while we were on the way to the airport to ensure we had been picked up. He didn't tell us he was going to do that, but we knew Luciano was the one of the phone. The accommodations were very clean, comfortable, safe, quiet and all around beautiful. We highly, highly recommend LG Surf Camp and Luciano. We would definitely go back, and our boys are already planning another trip to LG Surf camp for a try at kite surfing.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Thought about quitting my job to stay longer (and I actually like my job). I stayed for a week in Cabarete and took daily morning surf lessons and afternoon kite boarding lessons every other day.

I booked the trip with Luciano and stayed at the Seawinds which turned out to be a luxury condo bigger than my actual apartment. Took long afternoon walks on what appears to be an endless beach right outside of the condo. Ate such good food, drank such good coffee and slept so well. Was definitely a restorative vacation and can't wait to return to Cabarete.

Also can't say enough good things about Luciano - he is not only an awesome athlete but also a patient teacher, kind person and great all around company.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My girlfriend and I recently returned from an 8 day surf trip to Caberete. We are seasoned travelers and have been surfing Central America and the Caribbean for over 20 years. We always wanted to check out the surf in DR but weren’t sure what to expect. My girlfriend had been doing research for a while and after reviewing the other local surf camps we decided on LG Surfcamp and were stoked that we did. Luciano is the man and a true master of the ocean. He was an excellent host and is a great guy, we felt at home from the moment we arrived. The condo is right on the beach. The room was modern, clean and very comfortable exceeding our expatiations. There is an awesome ocean view from the balcony and kite boarders filled the sky each afternoon. The condo has 24 hour security, is very safe and the pool was very refreshing after an afternoon walk down the beach. Luciano and the boys at LG surf camp got me dialed in to some fun surf at playa Encuentro first thing in the morning and again in the afternoon before the winds turn on. The surf there is very consistent and I was able to surf every day of my trip. I had spent a lot of money traveling with boards this season already and decided not to bring any surfboards on this trip. LG surf camp has a wide selection of new surfboards for all levels with any additional gear you may need to get surfing, on a SUP, Kite whatever. After getting stoked from the morning session Luciano topped it off with a delicious breakfast at a beach side restaurant. We meet up for a delicious local dinner several times during the week. Ask Luciano for a recommendation for the days you are your own he knows all the best spots. Cabarete is a bustling resort town with a lot to offer all day or all night. If you are planning a water sports trip to Cabarete LG surf camp is the spot. You wont be disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple