“Exactly what I was looking for!”
Review of Extreme Hotel

Extreme Hotel
Ranked #2 of 30 Cabarete B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Extreme is the PERFECT spot if you want to hang out and kite everyday! I wanted a cheap place to stay, no luxury, and I got what I wanted! The people are incredibly friendly and very outgoing. I was travelling by myself, and as soon as I moved into Extreme I met tons of great people and felt very welcome.

If your not into kiting, the other activities offered at Extreme seem to be of great quality and are very popular! The restaurant/bar is laid back and has great food and very friendly staff (though it is a bit pricey... $2.50 for a coffee seems to be a bit much for DR).

I had only one minor issue:
When I arrived Extreme hotel was overbooked and I was moved to Kite Beach Hotel (next door). Not the same vibe as Extreme. I didn't much care for Kite Beach Hotel. I expected the $135 I paid at Kitebeach to be deducted from the what I owed at Extreme. When I paid at Extreme, the $135 was deducted from what I owed... but then when I was checking out, I was informed it should not have been deducted, but split - $67.50 paid by me, $67.50 paid by Extreme. So, Extreme did not return my $50 deposit....

HOWEVER, the owner was great about the situation and paid for my cab ride to the airport - $35. Great service!

Overall, I had an awesome time at Extreme. The location is perfect and the people are incredible. I was sad to have to leave. I fully recommend Extreme if you are looking for a low-budget, non-luxury place to stay on Kite-beach/Cabarete!

Room Tip: Although the bottom floor rooms do not have balconies or fridges, they do have access to a communal...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank KSmithPEI

Reviewed 4 March 2012

A great place to chill out and meet people. All the staff are extremely freindly and helpful, they make you feel right at home. There,s a great beachfront restaraunt/bar to chill and watch all the beach action. there,s so much to do at the hotel, everything is here, spanish classes, yoga/pilates,circus trapese,half pipe,swimming pool and a great kite school.The rooms are clean spascious ,with a bar fridge. Rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floor have balconies to catch a cool evening breeze.

Room Tip: Try and reserve a 2nd or 3rd floor room to get a balcony.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank cowman62
Reviewed 2 March 2012

What can I say... Amazing place, lay back atmosphere and really friendly staff! Were travelling alone and it was no problem at all. Everyone is just talking to everone. I went there for 2 weeks and that was not enough time at all! You don't wanna leave this place again!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank nanna l
Reviewed 29 February 2012

A people oriented place for sure. The first couple days were iffy but I got to know the other hotel guests and we developed a neat little community. The staff was the same experience. The first day I delt with Robbie and he is like dealing with a pregnant chick but the girl was soo sweet and the gym guy is pretty much Matthew Mcconaughey like 10 years ago (YUM) and super cool. Rooms were simple but descent enough. Overall I had a great time and can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
kiteloungerobbie, Manager at Extreme Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2012

Thanks for the review.

The baby's due in March. See you at the shower!

Reviewed 25 February 2012

We chose this hotel due to the trapeze circus school next to the hotel. This place is definitely set up for the adventurous, thrill seeking, yoga doing who likes to be on the beach. The rooms were clean and basic and if you needed anything, just ask. No daily maid service and this place is not a five star hotel; but, I would choose this place over any other because of the ambiance, location, and the people. The staff was awesome. Always gave great & insightful reviews of different venues and activities and set up our taxi to 27 waterfalls (a MUST SEE). The food here is unbelievably excellent and the new friends we made from all around the world are awesome. The owner of the circus school and all the instructors were top notch. We fly trapeze at home and was very impressed with Kaicetos! I don't usually go back to the same place but I will here! Love it!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank N2FITNESS35
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We normally don't repeat our vacation destinations, but traveling with two young kids to go kiting, sometimes you just want to make things easy. The Extreme Hotel was even better than last year. The property is continuously being upgraded, has an "extremely" friendly and helpful staff, a great restaurant and lounge, a kite school, and loads of activities outside of the water sports (crossfit, body thrive, yoga, jiu jitsu, zumba, circus school, skateboarding, and more). You can also book tours through the hotel. If you find yourself bored here, you're just boring.

Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank MadeinAK
Reviewed 9 February 2012

This was our first visit to the Dominican Republic. The people were so friendly and helpful, classes and activities were first class with knowledgeable instructors, Kite lounge had great help and great food. We felt very welcome and safe and loved the beach and easy access to Cabarete with its diverse eateries. It is a place I have already recommended to friends and we will definitely go back to in the future.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carol W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cabarete
Ultravioleta Boutique Residences
#1 of 21 in Las Galeras
Viva Wyndham Tangerine
Viva Wyndham Tangerine
#6 of 19 in Cabarete

Been to Extreme Hotel? Share your experiences!