Extreme Hotel
US$140
US$136
Kite Beach Hotel(Cabarete)(Great Value!)
US$98
Velero Beach Resort(Cabarete)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$94
Hotel Alegria(Cabarete)(Great Value!)
US$35
Hotels.com
US$284
Sea Horse Ranch(Cabarete)
US$1,534
Kite Dreem Hotel(Cabarete)(Great Value!)
US$35
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsorganic farmcross fithalf pipeflying trapezecircus schoolfarm toureco hotelactive vacationkite beachpersonal trainingsolar powermartial artsfarm to tablefitness classescarbon footprintunique hotelhotel cat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 June 2014

As a fitness junkie, Extreme Hotel offered everything that I needed. Location is great and right on Kite Beach, away from the main strip. It was perfect for me. Plenty of room with a balcony view of the trapeze/circus school. There was a schedule of all classes, yoga, Crossfit, Circus and I loved having the options. Staff was very friendly and communicative. I loved the vibe. There was always some kind of activity going on, whether you're watching the aerialists train, the kiters on the beach or you can just relax at the Mojito bar with a drink or some healthy food. The beach was lovely but I enjoy watching the kiters. I took lessons with GoKite at Extreme, participated in a Crossfit and Yoga class and hung out with the staff or hotel guests. I never felt like I was alone and it was the perfect setting for me. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for the same and can't wait to return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank CindyLaiFitness
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I came to do Sweet retreats Aerial worshops and had the Best time! It was very well run, inspiring and simply great to train in such a beautiful tropical place.The Hotel was clean and pleasant, Staff were very friendly and helpfull, gorgeous setting, we enjoyed, doing flying trapeze with Kaichetos Circus which was Brilliant fun! We ate yummy lunch every day at the Mojito bar which caters also very well for vegetarians and gluten free!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Emily R
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I loved this hotel and the location, right on the beach where there were hundreds of kite boarders, tons to do at the hotel so I had to actually RUN to make sure I could satisfy my soul on the tightrope, trapeze, pool, silks, hoops, beach, yoga classes etc! great staff who treat you like a friend, i would totally recommend it! maybe i'll see you there next time i return!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Caitlin B
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The atmosphere provided by Extreme Hotel was nothing short of exhilarating! The activities at the resort included a top of the line fitness center, skate park, a trapeze course, kite surfing, surfing, yoga classes, and spanish lessons. Also there was plenty of space to just enjoy the tropical environment. If you're searching for an adrenaline rush or just a relaxing getaway with your family then Extreme Hotel is the resort to visit. The quality of food was healthy and there was a wide selection to choose from. Accommodations were very comfortable and clean. The staff provided top notch customer service and I felt like a part of the team by the end of my vacation. I rate Extreme Hotel with five stars! Thank you again for such an incredible experience guys! I will definitely be back to visit!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank NedRoche
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Firstly, I am no complaining princess expecting 5 stars resorts I travel in the developing world extensively so have no aversion to "roughing it". But if I pay as much as I did for this place I expect at least 2 stars. Poor communication. I messaged ahead I let them know when we would be arriving yet still there was no one at the "front desk". We were told "oh sorry 'Mimi' is in the ocean" so we were sent to the bar for a crazy over priced drink till she showed up and told us she didn't even have a key for the room! That set the stage for a week of bad service, ignorant staff and a "you're on your own" attitude.

When the electricity pops off or something breaks they are slow to respond but super quick to blame you. When we paid at the restaurant for the BBQ it was late and they ran out of food lol.

This place is based on the blind loyalty of hippies who head down every year for kite boarding and, though they agree with you, will get really defensive if you mention how poorly the place is run.

Do yourself a favour and look elsewhere this place is a joke. Dominican offers far better places!

• Stayed: June 2013
8  Thank FFTR81
kiteloungerobbie, Manager at Extreme Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to write your fantastic review.

It's unfortunate that a year after staying here (if in fact you did) you still harbor such negative emotions about your stay that you finally decided to join trip adviser solely for the purpose of posting your glowing review.

We are unsure how to address Mimi since there is no staff member named Mimi working here, and never has been.

eXtreme continues to be a fun place for the many 'hippies' (your term) who chose to stay and enjoy all unique activities we have onsite. The kiteboarding school, the circus school, the yoga studio, the crossfit gym, the Spanish language school and the aquapoincis are all thriving in our action sport eco paradise.