“Best hotel ever!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Glastonbury
“Best hotel ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

One of the best locations with some of the nicest people working there too! A great beach with an awesome view of the kiteboarders. A lot of great opportunities to have an adventurous vacation and a lot of fun. I wish I could have stayed for longer.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Collinrisinger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

My wife and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary with a week long stay at Extreme Hotel. I'll admit that I was skeptical of a place called "Extreme Hotel" and my wife was skeptical of having No A/C. But we loved this place. The rooms were nice and clean and had everything that we needed. The ceiling fans were all we needed, we slept comfortably each night. The staff is so helpful with local information, tips, and advice. The hotel Grounds are beautiful and well kept. The pool, fitness facility and beach front are amazing.

Joel from Texas

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Joel F
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I stayed with a friend of mine at the eXtreme hotel over Memorial Day weekend. I was focused on just regular surfing; she was focused on surfing and kitesurfing. The place is a sort of compound of different sports, including a crossfit gym, kitesurfing, trapeze, yoga studio, and farm. The price was extremely reasonable, the service was efficient and friendly, the rooms were clean and comfortable enough, and the people were fun and social. It's a very supportive environment for someone looking for an active vacation, and I look forward to visiting again next year!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Staying at extreme was amazing. I've been back twice and am planning my third trip now. The gym is incredible, the yoga loft is the best space I've ever practiced in. besides waking up and surfing regularly, my favorite thing I did in the Dominican Republic was visit extremes farm and go tubing down the river with the other guests. Staying at extreme was amazing. I've been back twice and am planning my third trip now. The staff that works there really creates an amazing experience. Coach Zach really pushes you to work harder and better than you were the day before. Gigi helps elevate and lift your spirit while giving you the best yoga workout ever. Everyone who works there is great; Rob, Sam, Erik... you know they're awesome when you can name them off! CANT WAIT TO GO BACK!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Josue G
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Two of my friends and I stayed at extreme hotel for two weeks and it was one of the most fun trips I've had in a while. Everyone that stayed at extreme was very friendly and social. Most nights the staff would help organize dinners to go to with the different groups of travelers. This would make it even more fun because we would have people from all over the world hanging out enjoying the Dominican life with you.

The mojito bar at the hotel had really great food and most of it came with 100% fruit smoothies. Unfortunately, they closed down for a couple weeks to help get another mojito bar in town up and running. But for future travelers it will be open and you will love it.

The main reason we came to Cabarete was to learn how to kiteboard and if you are interested in that extreme is definitely the place to be. You get a discount with GoKite through the hotel and it makes learning insanely cheap compared to the US. Its 350 (600 if you're not at the hotel) for 6 hours of lessons and unlimited supervision for 7 days. Now you may think 6 hours isn't enough to learn and so did I but the truth is that you get unlimited hours of lessons because the supervisors are so friendly and always trying to help you. It's also an incentive because the better you get the easier their job gets. My favorite supervisor was Juan Carlos and my instructor was Raul who was also awesome. By the end of the week I was riding upwind and even trying to jump a little.

Overall this was a great trip and I would recommend it to almost anyone. Shout out to Gigi, Ariel, Ned, Robbie, Alex, Raul, Richard, Juan Carlos and the rest of the crew at Extreme for such an amazing trip.

Ps. If you can get the pent house. It is amazing.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank mvg627
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I loved waking up each morning and swimming in the ocean. I miss walking along kite beach and watching the Kite Surfers and drinking Mojitos at Mojito Bar. The location and set up at Extreme Hotel for Sweet Retreats at Kaiceitos circus was better than i could have even imagined. A huge thanks to Rob, Gigi, Zach, Erik, Sam and Aerial for aiding to my pleasant stay and Paul and his team at Kaiceitos circus! I just wish i had stayed a bit longer to have had the chance to take up some kite boarding and surfing.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jennaleenz
Hood River, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

We went to eXtreme hotel for a company meeting and had over 30 guests staying and meeting at this hotel. The Staff was great. Helping to ensure our 30 guests were taken care of.
the Mojito bar (the restaurant) has the most amazing food! We ate there every day at lunch of 10 days and never ran out of options on what to eat. Not to mention the location. Hotel and restaurant are right on the Beach. Extreme hotel is about 2 miles from the center of Cabarete(kite beach). I really liked that we were not right in Cabarete as it is just too crowded and Crazy. But if you want to experience that you can hop on a moped for $1.50 and go see the crazy downtown life.
Rooms are simple but nice. It seems that the nicer rooms are on the 3rd floor, the 2nd floor and the simpler rooms are on level 1. So keep that in mind. We had a great time and successful meeting and would for sure go again. Thanks Gigi and Ariel for a great time.

Room Tip: Head to the second or third floors!