Kite Beach Hotel
Hotel Alegria(Cabarete)(Great Value!)
US$35
US$189
  • Breakfast included
Ocean Manor Beach Resort- All Inclusive(Cabarete)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$155
Velero Beach Resort(Cabarete)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$94
Sea Horse Ranch(Cabarete)
US$980
Orbitz.com
Kite Dreem Hotel(Cabarete)(Great Value!)
US$33
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewskite beachkite schoolplace to staysmall kitchennice poolapartmentoceanbeginnerssosua
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Just returned from a week in Cabarete at Kite Beach Hotel.

Place is in a great location only $35 US cab ride from the airport about 20minutes. The rooms are large and have all you need for the price you pay. This is not a 5 star hotel but is good for the Dominican. The beach is fantastic and you can walks for hours in either direction. It is on Kite Beach which is just west of Cabarete about a 20-25 minute walk along the beach or a 300 ps cab ride.

The food in the restaurant/bar is good and prices are very reasonable. If you like to kite Surf this is the place for you.

I can\'t say enough had a great time and plan to go back soon.

If you can pay a bit more and get a room facing the beach for the great views and ocean breeze.

Oww, almost forgot the staff, they are great and always willing to help.

I would also recommend the Tip Top Catamaran trip in Sosua. It is $76us per person they pick you up and drop you off, it includes to snorkel stops, nothing great but ok, lunch, open bar (yippeee), and then a nice long cruise up the cost. Monday well spent.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CYSBOY
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Just came back from this hotel and was really sad to leave it. The location is great, right in front of the best kite spot for begginers, and close enough to the city to walk (a 30 min walk through the beach).
The staff is really attentious and is always ready to help you with any issue.
At first when I got there, i got a studio with a tiny bed and no air-condotioning, went to the front desk to complain about it, they changed the bed for a king-size one, ad the air conditioning, I actualy didn't even missed it.because the apartment was well ventilated and the weather wasn't too warm.
Breakfast included is verry nice, and the restaurant is verry good and for decent and honest price.
Would definetly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Oceanview is always nice!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank José Eduardo N
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We booked online and were promised (by email confirmation) a "2-bedroom deluxe apartment on the ground floor in our newer building, oceanfront and with a big terrace with very nice ocean view". We arrive, pay the room - they wanted cash at check-in ! - somebody walked us to our room - and I was horrified! First of all it was in the old complex, not oceanfront, it was a couple of steps below ground-floor, so the windows were tiny strips close to the ceiling, no balcony and the rooms smelled moldy! So we immediately took our luggages and walked back to the reception, I told them that this room was unacceptable and that I would either get the promised delux room or my money back - so they called the manager - what a slimy-BS-talking guy! So first he is vague, he doesn't understand the problem, I show him the printed email with what was confirmed, now he says that they had a waterleak in the room that was reseved for us - so I asked for a differnt room in the new building - 10 more minutes slimy talk till he finally admitted that he doesn't have any free rooms left in the new building - so I say ok, then please give me my money back, I will not stay - we had a 5 minute stand-off - akeward! - till they FINALLY gave me my money back. MAYBE the rooms in the new building are better than then one we saw, BUT the managment is aweful! (luckily we found a very nice alternative place to stay in Cabarete, see my review of the Watermark hotel!).

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
9  Thank Danibaer
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We had a nice and large room with A/C and hot water, unfortunatelly it had also several cockroaches. We had free breakfast which was quite tasty, free wifi was available, meals in a restaurant were average, it has a bar and it was really amazing. When we were checking in they insisted on copying my credit card! I got it rather blocked after returning home.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jakub8686
Reviewed 2 August 2013

This incredible boutique hotel is the best kept secret in the Caribbean! The staff are all very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable! Many of them told me they have been working there for 10 years and more. It is like a family resort, and you are a part of the family! The wind conditions are unsurpassed (unless you want to travel to Hawaii. lol). The 30 min. walk on the beach to Cabarette is something we enjoy everyday while we are staying at Kite Beach. A $20 massage on the beach for an hour is unheard of. Horseback riding in the forest and along secluded beaches for $35 is hard to believe! That is why it's the best kept secret in the Caribbean! Beginners can learn to Kiteboard in two days, and have professional support the rest of the week, while surfing the waves in perfect conditions every single day! This year, I am bringing my teenagers to experience what my wife and I have known for several years!

Room Tip: Just be friendly, ask for Janina, and remember that a "tip" in the Caribbean goes a long way to making a real difference in the lifestyles the local help! They will appreciate you for it, and take care of you!!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple