“A hidden Treasure in Cabarete”
Review of Alegria Cafe Lounge - CLOSED

Alegria Cafe Lounge
Price range: US$0 - US$5
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Reservations, Seating
Description: Description: Cosy family cafe and bar which sells fresh and original products. We have various breakfasts and toasted sandwiches but our specialities are freshly baked bagels and natural juices.
Miami Beach, Florida, United States
“A hidden Treasure in Cabarete”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Claire and Claudia have created an oasis in the sun.

They have combined a relaxing atmosphere with great food and
and a home away from home here in CabArete.

Sit back and enjoy.

• Visited November 2013

Cabarete, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
“Paradise in Paradise”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I have been living in Cabarete for 2 years and my boyfriend and I eat out almost every day. Our criteria is pretty strict: Clean, good portions, good price (not tourist prices), and decent service. Alegria Cafe exceeds all of my expectations. I had the Gringo (hamburger and egg on a bagel) and my boyfriend had the Smoked Turkey. The prices were perfectly in my range and the portions were on point. The fact that each meal comes with a fresh juice just pushes it over the edge of awesomeness. The bagel was mean to be part of a sandwich. Not too chewy so you can't keep your sandwich together. Just perfectly soft and crunchy all in one.

Although the portions were just right, after a good conversation with the owner, my food had some time to digest and I found that I just HAD to have a chocolate milkshake. It was the perfect ending to a perfect meal.

Oh and the location is off the beaten path, but I like it that way. The seats were comfy, and it smelled nice (sometimes the flaw in Cab restaurants due to off path locations).

I have to say that if you visit Cabarete, you would be doing yourself an injustice if you didn't stop by for your favorite bagel sammie. So do it :) and enjoy.

• Visited November 2013