“Very happy at Casa Blanca”

Casa Blanca Hotel & Surf Camp
Ranked #11 of 27 Cabarete B&B and Inns
White Rock, Canada
“Very happy at Casa Blanca”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

I was at the Casa Blanca for thw twelve days and I was taken care of the whole time. My room was cleaned very well every day all though it was clean anyway. Dorothy and William are very kind hosts and they did so much for me to make sure I was happy there. My days at their pool were quiet and relaxing,so I was able to read.float and just do my thing, Dorothy even whipped up some smoothies for the guests,very nice. The price was amazing for my stay and I was quite pleased. I am so glad I didn't go anywhere else because the location to the beach and amenities made it easy to go for walks in the sunset and buy snacks on the way back. I enjoyed walking around town,visiting shops,speaking to the locals,all english speaking too. Being the first time there in the Dominican I didn't know what to expect but It was comforting knowing I was safe like I feel at home. Thanx to Dorothy and William, I had a great time in Cabarate and I will do it again soon.

Room Tip: I was in on room on the top floor that was facing the street and it did not have the internet and wa...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lydia N
, Owner at Casa Blanca Hotel & Surf Camp, responded to this review, 6 July 2012
Lydia, very happy to have you stay with us! Hope to see you again in November. Our July has turned out amazing with 98% full for the month with mostly young people. And this is what we used to call low season! :)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Providence
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

My family and I stayed at Casa Blanca for two nights ($60/night) in studio A. We chose this room because it seemed to be the only room that could accomodate 4 people with two full size beds. I will not go into much detail about the condition of the room other than it did not have at least one fan that worked properly (and we had three). Not one of us slept the first night because of the heat and the location of the studio was not conducive to the Cabarete breeze. Now, don't get me wrong, I am fully aware of D.R.'s hot climate. My husband is Dominican and some of his family still resides here and we visit frequently, so the heat was no surprise. The fact that the room did not have a proper working fan was the alarming part. The owners do not seem to invest much on the aesthetic of the rooms, which is fine, but they should at least invest in good quality fans so their guests can sleep comfortably. We requested a room with AC the next day, since my daughter was starting to break out in heat rash. It cost us $18 more, which we gladly paid. This is probably a good place to stay if you are traveling alone or with your significant other and are on a tight budget. If not, pay a little more and stay somewhere else where you will have better sheets, softer toweles and no roaches crawling on your bed. I would have posted pictures but we didn't take any perhaps because not one of us had the desire to remember this hotel. Lastly, I did not find the owners to be very pleasant. A bit dry and clearly not the Dominican hospitality we are used to.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank Lanunez
cabaretewilliam, Owner at Casa Blanca Hotel & Surf Camp, responded to this review, 15 June 2012
At $15 per night per person in a third world country they should not expect the Ritz. The room has two fans and we added a floor fan when they complained. "So the heat was no surprise" and "I am fully aware of D.R.'s hot climate" yet it was a surprise? The $18 was for an upgrade to a one bedroom apartment and AC. For the rest of the comments, fortunately we only have perhaps one such client a year. The ones you try the hardest to please are the ones you cannot satisfy. People who work in the hospitality industry know! This Studio was rented after they left and is rented now again a week later with no complaints whatsoever. That is no surprise to us.
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012

I stayed at Casa Blanca for 4 months this year (Jan. to April) in studios G and F. I liked both studios but preferred Studio F as it was a little bigger and had a sitting area with bay windows overlooking the pool. William and Dorohy (owners) were always friendly and very tolerant (lucky for me as I misplaced my keys on a couple of late nights etc.) and invited me out with them and their friends on more than one occasion. The rooms were kept clean thanks to Rita (maid) and any minor issues (i.e. lightbulbs, batteries for remote etc.) were taken care of immediately. I fould the grounds to to well kept in the internal courtyard and around the pool which was always clean. The small restaurant attached to the hotel was very handy on more than one accasion as was the launderymat across the street and the grocery store just down the road. A short walk to the beach (100 feet?) via the pathway beside the hotel was also very convenient. The hotel itself was a generally quiet place to stay and the distance from "central" downtown made the general area relatively quiet as well. I beleive that Hotel Casa Blanca provides good value and would stay there again and reccommend it to others.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Bill K
Bill, delighted to have you stay with us and it was great getting to know you. The shirts you left behind have been shipped and should arrive soon! Hope to have you with us again next year!
Morris Plains, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012

We stayed at Case Blanca for a week in March. It was a great trip. The hotel is super close to the big grocery store in town and an easy walk to the beach and restaurants. The rooms are clean and the staff is very friendly. I don't think you could find a better place to stay in Cabarate in this price range.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank CharlesJF
It is our joy and privilege to meet so many nice people who stay at our small hotel. It makes the unusual hours and work totally worth while! Do come back when ever possible!
Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

If you're the kind of traveler who enjoys soaking up the flavor of wherever you're staying (and you appreciate a great value that includes waking up to hummingbirds outside your windows!), Casa Blanca is your place to stay in Cabarete. Casa Blanca is in a great spot on the eastern side of the Cabarete stretch and is a perfect alternative to the pricier condo rentals elsewhere in town. You can walk to everything in Cabarete (including the beach, of course) and are right next door to a full supermarket (several of the hotel's rooms have kitchenettes). Car taxis and "motoconchos" are readily available just outside for traveling to nearby towns. William, the proprietor, was helpful via email when we made our travel plans and he put us directly in touch with the woman who coordinated our surfing lessons and rentals (through Pauhana Surf Camp), as well as some yoga and Zumba classes (Magic19). NOT to be missed is the splendiferously casual Cafe Claro on the hotel's pretty botanical grounds (widely heralded as the best breakfast and lunch spot in town). See the cafe's review page for more. Also, across the street from Casa Blanca is a small roasted chicken and yuca vendor who sells yummy plates from his cart each afternoon and evening Mon through Sat. Visit him! And visit Cabarete!

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Ladybluzinger
cabaretewilliam, Owner at Casa Blanca Hotel & Surf Camp, responded to this review, 28 December 2012
Hola Lady - so glad you liked it here. Come back anytime. Thanks for the well thought out and well written review.
Ancaster
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

No matter where we come from and where we travel, we wish to feel at home. Casa Blanca hotel is a small, basic and very clean, pleasant place to be in Cabarete. The convenience of very close grocery stores, bank, restaurants, beach and the down town make it a very good choice of accommodation. But not only that, it is quiet, it has a restaurant for breakfast and lunch that serves great food, the pool is lovely and clean all the time, the rooms are tidy and the owners are very kind and accommodating people. We were there this March with two small kids and it was so nice, we bought a house there. The one who helped us buy it was William, the owner of Casa Blanca, who is also the owner of Prestige Realty in Cabarete. William went with us everywhere and showed us everything we wanted to see, making sure we were happy with our choice. Many thanks to William for his efforts, as well to Dorothy, his wife, for making our stay so pleasant and being there for us whenever we needed help with anything. See you soon guys!

Room Tip: Studio A is right by the pool and perfect for a family of four.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Aliceloredana
Wonderful to meet you and your family of four plus one! So glad you are coming back to spend more time in Cabarete.
Thunder Bay, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

My 3 time here what can I say that I have said before.... Love the town , the people ... the hotel is great. The owners are fantastic people, if you need anything all you have to do is ask and you get it. close to every thing.. going back nexk year for my 4th time.. soooo like I said WHAT CAN I SAY... Love it!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank mar_tar49
Welcome back for the 4th time. You are becoming one of the Casa Blanca "family". See you again in a few weeks!