“Casa Blanca Hotel - Sweet place, great price, lovely owner”

Casa Blanca Hotel & Surf Camp
Ranked #12 of 30 Cabarete B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 May 2014

For the price, the ambience and location, this was a great deal. A few steps away we got on the beach and sat on luxurious cushioned couches with pina coladas and good food. Unfortunately, missed out on the restaurant on site because staff was on vacation but my friend who's been there before said it was terrific. Store next door was large and easy, kitchen at the hotel is small though so cooking is limited. Dorothy's gardens are amazing and we were honored with a tour and cut flowers in a vase. Ask to see her daughter's stunning paintings on her website.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank gushauna

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I would like to reiterate on what others have said here already. Yes, the rooms are smelly and not very clean; I would be very careful about cooking in their kitchen. I did not feel comfortable with the cleanliness and moved away within 2 days to another hotel. Despite what some write, the location is not prime: there are hotels with direct access to the beach, while at Casa Blanca you need to walk about 10 minutes. I did not like when William (the owner) said "it is a tradition here to tip the maid" and reminded about it when I was checking out - I am usually tipping if the room is clean, which was not the case. A key deposit also was quite strange. I was hearing every noise while sleeping there (people were coming in and out of the hotel).

I must admit that the couple that lived next door was coming to the hotel for the second time (they were surfers); however, it sounded that they were looking for a good price - indeed, better hotels are a bit more expensive.

The hotel has nice pool and nice seating areas next to each room.

On a side note, among those who reviewed this hotel there are many people who have one review only.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Volga981
cabaretewilliam, Owner at Casa Blanca Hotel & Surf Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

So 115 reviewers say it is clean and well kept. One says it is not. Experienced travelers know tropical rooms are a bit musty when they are closed up for a few days. When the windows and doors are opened that goes away. The location is great. The ocean is about 300 feet away. Not sure why it would take anyone ten minutes to walk that! We do it in one. As for tipping, we do remind people as some forget that this is an integral part of the maid's livelihood. Why would ANYONE take offence unless they were not being generous or even reasonable? No one else has ever taken offence. A key deposit - must it be explained????? It covers the cost - barely - of replacement keys when people lose them. Dear reviewer - it happens. WE GIVE THE DEPOSIT BACK so what is your problem? And yes, people do come in and out of a hotel and you may hear them. They are on vacation! As a rule our hotel is very quiet, very clean and has a great location. He wanted a very cheap place and price. The hotels he mentions on the beach are not a "bit more expensive", but way more. Being on the beach they are noisy till 4 AM when the discos and bars close. We are just far enough away not to hear that. And why discredit first time reviewers? What is with that? You wrote your first review at some point! We have many transfers from other hotels. In particular "hotels" in Procab or those without pools come to us. We are already filling up for next winter, with most of the people REPEAT customers. Send us an email and we will try to make sure you get the room or studio you want.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I stayed in the one bedroom apartment for 5 months. It was all that I needed. The room was good, the pool was good and the owners were great. The hotel has a nice family feeling to it. It is close to the beach, the main grocery store and the laundry. Dorothy takes great pride in her gardens. They are beautiful! I would highly recommend Casa Blanca to anyone, Thanks to William and Dorothy for being great hosts. Cheers!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Thanks Dave. Was great to have you here for five months. Some wonderful times! Hope to see you again next year!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

This hotel was a very beautiful and relaxing place to stay during my time in Cabarete. The cook was amazing each morning and took the time out her day to open up earlier than usual for my service group. The hotel rooms were beautiful and made me feel like I was actually in the Dominican Republic! The location was very close to the beach and other attractions!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

So great to have you and all your friends staying here with the Team. Glad you enjoyed the Studio you were in! Hope to see you next year!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

This was my second time in Casablanca because we loved so much the first time we didnt excited to go back...the rooms are simples but they have good price, very clean, nice people,very secure and safe, great breakfast right downstairs (cafe claro), nice pool to relax after the beach, Next to the super market and between playa ventosa and cabarete.The owners are the best , always helping and take care of the hotel guests. We dont have any complains. We love cabarete and we love casablanca specially the view we had from our deck. We really enjoy the time we spend in casablaca and I hope I can go back very soon...

Room Tip: We love room number 7
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the casa Blanca great service and time. Pool was great. Rooms were great. Remember not a 5 star hotel but service was better, experience the real dominican. Will stay there on next visit for sure made my trip economical enjoying more of the Dominican. Dorothy was a sweetheart. Place is clean and close to everything you need. Again great save place to stay.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 February 2014

The owners really make everyone feel welcome and at home. Dorothy has created a beautiful tropical garden in the inner courtyard and around the pool, lovely. Very good value--The rooms are modest but clean and I enjoyed my room with a bay window overlooking the pool. Felt safe and secure and all the staff were friendly. Very central location to beach and the main street and close to the famous Janet's supermarket! The beach is gorgeous --the surf is constant and carries Wonderful healing energy. I really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo