“STAY AWAY!!!”

Coral Costa Caribe Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Juan Dolio
Reviewed 31 March 2012

This place is a nightmare!!! We booked this exchange through Interval International. We stayed for one night and checked out the next day. The room was laden with mold, had roaches, pealing paint, broken door locks, tiny, broken TV, no coffee maker, etc. The room was dirty. It was an all inclusive so they charged us $775.00 more for the week. But it did not include internet, in room safe, brand name liquors, etc. They served cheap, no name liquor. We had one meal there and walked out of the restaurant after I bit into two pieces of chicken and they both had blood in them!!! The power went out six times in a 24 hour period. The lobby was filled with people complaining about the conditions and lack of services. If you book any trips through Interval International be very careful!!! They have some very good resorts but a lot of horrible ones. We had three good exchanges in a row and three horrible ones in a row with them. They need to do their due diligence and inspect the resorts in their inventory.

Room Tip: Please read and heed the reviews like I should have done!!!
7  Thank ppny

Reviewed 31 March 2012

The worst hotel I have ever been!!! Dirty, louldy. Never there again!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank zbujoslaw
Reviewed 31 March 2012

It is a good Resort considering the price we paid for it, it has good service, nice quiet rooms, wonderful huge beach and all you can drink and eat :), i would recommend this hotel anytime and we will definetely go back too..

• Stayed: February 2012
6  Thank mlilgg
Reviewed 30 March 2012

1ST of all, I don't give a rats [--] if our t.v. didn't work! If your gonna travel to a foreign country and have a beautiful beach, great food at every restaurant and all the your drinks included, but rant about your t.v. not working than you should just stay HOME!!!
My wife and I stayed from 3/21/12 - 3/27/12. We had a great time! No our t.v. didn't work the best, but we didn't miss it at all. We also didn't go to sit in the room and watch t.v. Wtf people who cares! We had room n233 in building K. It was a standard room wich is the equivalant to a comfort inn or any other standard hotel room in the U.S. The room could be a little updated, but I had no complaints or needs to change rooms. The room was not part of the main building, but it was quiet, close to the spa, tennis, basketball and mini golf course (wich is concrete painted green), and the italian restaurant-- excellent food. The A.C. worked great. Take your shower in the afternoon after sunbathing and swimming before dining for the most hot water!
The beach is beautiful with plenty of chairs. Shade is easy to find under all the palm trees. The vendors are not that bad. If you don't make eye contact they won't bother you. If they do come to you and your not interested tell them no gracias and they will respect you. 95% of the vendors are very nice. They know that you are there to relax!! I met many of them and of course now they all are "me friend for life"!! Volleyball, ping pong, darts, bocce ball, horseshoes, yoga, and aerobics are just some of the activities on the beach. It is possible to have a hard time to get a beach towel. Our first day we were unable to get one, but were told they were being cleaned. Not a problem because I read many reviews and it only took one reveiw for me to pack our own beach towels. Also you can buy one there on the beach for like $10 or negotiate with the vendors they love to make deals. My wife got 2 body wraps (sorongs) for their asking price of 1. If it rains during the day you will get a much better deal on the beach around 5:30 - 6:00 pm because the vendors have to be gone by 6pm and they didn't make many sales because of the rain. There are some vendors in the eavening between the pool bar and the lobby, 3-4 tables with magnets and wood figures and knick-knacks. Just keep walking!
The Bars were o.k. a little crowded, I suggest to always get 2 drinks especially at night, less bars open, Christian was the best bartender I found usually at the pool bar during the day. Great Zombies me Friend! Sports bar 24hrs!!!
The breakfast buffet, huh, go right to the oamlet guy fast and good.
The lunch buffet - we went 1 time to check it out and left, and went to the mangos snack bar. Pizza, hot dogs, chicken, burgers, and awesome frenchfries. We had all of our lunches there.
The restaurants were all great. Our favorite was the Italian. we went twice in 6 nights. We only had to wait once because we were slow to get ready. Wait times seem to be short for us and others that we saw or spoke to.
Most people are friendly. We met great families from Minnesota, Massachusettes, Illinois,Florida,Ohio,Germany, and Italy. Oh and I can't forget the dutch lady. I hope you are all Having a great time!!
The staff is very helpful just ask, but remember there are alot of people there. You may feel like the forgot about you but be patient. A lot of the reveiws that I read made me wonder if I had made a mistake about booking this resort. ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE! The price was perfect for what we got out of our stay! I would stay here again tommorrow. Be open minded and read the reviews to be prepared. I was ready for everything from towels, vendors, dirty rooms or slow check in. I was constantly telling my wife,"yup I read about that". So there was no heartache. Oh Yeah the cups are small so You can bring your own they will fill it!
Don't be scared on the ride from the airport. It is a dirty country, we took the safari (wich was o.k.) and we saw alot of things you don't see at home. The resort makes up for all the trash. We felt safe everywhere we went.
Thank you Coral Costa Caribe Resort for a great time!!!

2  Thank shawn b
Reviewed 28 March 2012

My wife and I stay for 5 nights from nov. 5 to nov 9, 2011. I read many reviews before I booked and the range from good to poor. The check-in was quick, the room tv was not working, the room was dated, so a ask for another room. the second room was not ready, so we went back to the first room. Next day we got a room upgrade, very nice with ocean view. The staff is friendly, the beach is clean, the food could be better but is ok, plenty to choose from. The only turn-off was the constant vendors onsite trying every time to sell you something. Regardless the minor inconveniences we had a good time.

Room Tip: The rooms on the buffet side are quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Lope445
Reviewed 22 March 2012

hotel is older. Late because of sunwing vacations. Arrive 4 am and our rooms were no longer available. Given to someone else.
Couldn't give us new rooms because computer doesn't come on until 7am. WOW!
Not allowed to flush toilet paper. bucket provided! OUCH!@#

Room Tip: find another hotel and carrier.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank len g
Reviewed 21 March 2012

I recently returned from a 7 night stay at this resort. I read many of the reviews before I booked and they ranged from awful to fabulous, which I thought would put it in the middle range. The weather was great except for a few sprinkles,the beach was very nice and there were plenty of beach chairs so you didn't have to get up at the crack of dawn to get a chair. That about sums up the good points. First, check in is after 5pm not 3 as advertised. The toilet didn't flush in our first room so after many repair men in 3 days, they moved us to another room. Room was clean, bed was ok. There were quite a few people complaining about their rooms but I don;t know details. The "exotic" drinks like pina coladas, daquiries, margheritas etc were all premixed in a machine like a slurpee machine, they were all horrible. Not many people spoke english so communication was difficult. The food was adequate but nothing to brag about. Tables weren't always cleaned off in the buffet and at breakfast you really had to find sugar, napkins etc on your own, if you asked foe something, chances are the person wouldn't come back. There was no sit down breakfast as advertised, had to go to buffet. Anyway, I would not go back to this resort, I would spend the extra money to ensure a more pleasurable experience. In the reviews I read people said they felt unsafe and bothered by the peddlers on the beach. I can say that I never felt unsafe and if you didn't make eye contact with the peddlers, they kept walking. Hope this is helpful to anyone looking at this resort.

Room Tip: Make sure your room isn't on top of the disco or next to the elevator and stairs. The cleaning p...
4  Thank oceanbeach53
#4 of 12 in Juan Dolio
Emotions by Hodelpa
Emotions by Hodelpa
#1 of 12 in Juan Dolio

Been to Coral Costa Caribe Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!