When I left for this vacation, I felt very apprehensive due to the horrible reviews on Trip Advisor. Many of these reviews make the place sound like a prison rather than a resort. However, my experience at this hotel was absolutely wonderful and surpassed my expectations! It is important to go with an open mind and realize that this is not a luxury 5-star resort.
When I arrived to the nice and breezy, open air lobby I was greeted with smiling faces and a welcome cocktail! The cheap caribbean representative explained everything to us and was very helpful. Our room was ready a little after the promised 3:30 time, but it was fine because we were busy exploring the grounds and the beach.
I found the room to be clean, refreshing and comfortable. Did not have to switch rooms. Had a nice partial ocean/grounds view from the balcony. Towels were replaced daily and we never experienced a water outage. Sometimes the water was a little slow to come out of the shower head but if you let it run for a minute it comes out stronger. I found the water pressure to be better than expected and we always had hot water. No problems with toilet in our room or phone.
The food was simple, but tasty and plentiful. I am not too picky and during the day really just wanted a quick meal so that I could return to the pool/beach. At night we had mexican because we liked the menu and there was no wait. The made-to-order tacos are really good and fresh.
The beach was breathtakingly beautiful. Calm, clear and shallow water. Clean sand and lots of places to sit during the week. They give you towels which can be replaced every hour if desired. They are not the most luxurious, but if that matters bring your own towels. The vendors were annoying but if you pretend you are sleeping or just say no thank you they go away. The sunsets are surreal.
Great tasting tropical drinks. Not the best quality alcohol, but I don't like strong drinks so everything I ordered tasted fine to me. Bartenders friendly and they memorized my drink preference after the first day!
I liked the entertainment, very talented dance group and the show theme changes every night. The night club was fun, with great music, but does get packed on the weekends with locals.
Did the quad tour, which was awesome! 2 hour ride through the country side and through local villages and beaches. Gives you a great feel for the surrounding local area. Highly recommended.
I would definitely return to this resort for an easy, cheap getaway to a beautiful place. The beauty of the beach and the grounds, along with the friendly and helpful staff greatly outweighs any of the minor issues we encountered.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the warm ocean waters of the Caribbean, enjoy a limitless family-oriented vacation experience. There are fun-filled activities under the sun for all. Our activities program includes water sports and one of the best white sand and boundless turquoise water beaches. Savor an outburst of flavors with a signature Caribbean flavor. These are just some of the ways in which you will keep busy during your stay at Coral Costa Caribe. The warmth of our staff is best expressed by the careful attention given to every small detail. Cradle yourself in the midst of its lush vegetation covered by impeccable tropical gardens surrounded by tropical flowers and trees. Seek refuge in one of our comfortable guest rooms; the heart and soul of the destination is embodied in its decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Coral Costa Caribe Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coral Costa Caribe Resort, Spa And Casino
- Coral Costa Caribe Hotel Juan Dolio
- Hilton International Juan Dolio
- Costa Caribe Coral Hilton
- Coral Costa Caribe Resort & Spa Dominican Republic/Juan Dolio