“Great trip great people”

Coral Costa Caribe Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Juan Dolio
Reviewed 6 April 2014

First of all don't believe everything read on the reviews. This resort is located right on the ocean. Best view ever, people are nice, drink are good, food is not what you get at home but really people. It's good. Honestly. The Itilian restaurant and Mexican restaurant are great. The Pizza Hut is excellent. Tip these people they will serve you first, they remember who tip and who doesn't. The only thing I can say is that the visitors that have an English language barrier and don't understand basic spanish should be a bit more polite to these people who are working on this resort or any for that matter. We met up with another couple and there son, who my sons ages 15 and 11 and had a great time. No problems, Juan, Felix, Hosea, Carlos (ps great lemon tarts) :) keep up the great work we will be returning my friends. The construction boys keep up those smiles. We have been to 5 different resorts in the Dominican Republic 4 resorts have been wonderful and the one resort that was not was a 5 plus star in Punta Cana at the Bahia Principle. These people don't make much of a monthly income and work for it, the least thing visitors can do is treat them properly and give a little tip every once in a while. Sure some of the room had problems with there doors and locks but be polite and patient and they will rectify the situation. Our room was clean, no bugs and decently cleaned everyday, no problems with water, towels, toilet paper, toilets flushing....etc.... Excellent trip for an excellent family vacation. Hopefully see you next year.

Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank Shane M
Betzaida N, Asistente de Gerencia at Coral Costa Caribe Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Guest:
Thank you very much for your kind words and sharing with us the experience of your recent stay in Coral Costa Caribe Hotel.
Our main goal is that all our guest leave this resort completely satisfied and with plans to return.
We appreciate and value every feedback from our guests and constantly use them to continue to improve our services and facilities.
Thank you for mentioning our staff with their friendly and attentive service made your stay more pleasant.
We thank you for having chosen our hotel and will look forward to welcome again in the near future.

Very cordially,

Write a ReviewReviews (2,199)

Reviewed 6 April 2014

But not 4* as says Internet. May be when it was under Hilton brand so it was about 4*, but not now.
Hotel is good.
Service is not so good.
Beach is the best in Juan Dolio as our friends says. They was in hotels near by.
There are Russian speaking tour managers in hotel: Marina from ICS Group and Stepan from Coral Travel. They have a BEST prices for tours - ask only him for it.
If you don't like your room - don't be hestite, ask for another room.
Food is about 3* hotels, service in restaurant is about 3* too. Don't wait good service.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Betzaida N, Asistente de Gerencia at Coral Costa Caribe Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to write your valuable comments regarding your stay at our property and for giving us the opportunity to evaluate our performance.
In our hotel we strive to offer every guest an excellent service, guaranteeing this way the satisfaction of their stay and we are continuously working on improving all our areas so that our facilities have the comfort level that our clients deserve.
We just hope you give us another opportunity to welcoming you to our property.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

I just got back from a fantastic week at this resort we went during spring break so it was a little pricey. I went with my husband and 7 other people. My expectations were low due to the terrible reviews I read beforehand. We had to switch rooms because we were in the he ground floor and the patio door lock was broken. We were moved immediately to the 4th floor. The room was very basic and dated but the A/C was fine but it did leak a lot if water. Sometimes we had hot water, sometimes we had no water at all. They turned off the power several times resulting in some people getting stuck in the elevator. You may want to take the stairs. The buffet food was edible, the omelet station was decent. We went to the Mexican a la carte twice- it was fantastic. The Italian was also very good. The drinks weren't great. The guys bought a lot of their beer from the gift shop for $3 each. I drank a lot of piña coladas which were ok. I recommend bring an insulated cup. The pool and beach were both amazing. We had no trouble finding a lounge chair. I wish I would have brought my own towel though. The vendors are annoying but a simple "no gracias" usually works. We got a $20 beach massage which was nice. Most of the staff were friendly though very few speak English so learn a few Spanish words before you go. If you tip well they will keep the drinks coming. On Sundays they have a day pass deal for the locals so expect it to be busy!!

I highly recommend the Saona island tour. It was amazing. This resort is 3 star at best. If you keep your expectations low you will have a great time. I don't recommend this resort for families or honeymooners but, if you are looking to party this place is great!

Room Tip: We were in building C which was very central. Our friends were in D, their rooms were newer but they...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest:
We thank you to have written the comments of your fantastic stay at our resort.
Please accept our apologies for any inconveniences at the room and the beach sales
We love to hear that you enjoy our varied menu at a la carte restaurants and our buffet.
The comments of our guests are my valued and used to continue to improve every day.
We would like to note that our staff constantly receives language courses for the purpose of offer a good attention and service.
We hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

This is our 7th trip to this hotel and before you ask me, yes I have been to many other hotels, some 5 star some 3 star. This year we brought a couple from Montreal, they went to a 5 star hotel in feb and decided to come with us at this 3 1/2 star. They were impressed by the beauty of this hotel and specially for the price. They had a beautiful room on the 6th floor overlooking the ocean. they had lots of hot water. Their impression was that they really enjoyed the resort, the ocean, entertainment, and overall the excellent staff. The food was not 5 star but nobody left hungry at the table, There is also 3 restaurants a la carte ( Mexican, Italian and Dominican) there is food and beverages 24 hours a day. You might be wondering why I don.t comment on the resort, it is because I have 6 other reviews of my own, I wanted to have this couple experience their first time there and yes they are planning to come back next year. If you are looking for a 5 star go elsewhere, but let me tell you that for a 3 1/2 star and the price you will not be disappointed (unless you are fussy). Again gracias to the general manager and assistant general manager for their assistance. see you again next year.

Room Tip: ask for a room in c section
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank jpdupuis

Dear Guest:
It is our pleasure to extend you a warm greeting and thank you for sharing with us and other travelers’ the comments of your experience in our property.
We are very pleased to know that you had a very enjoyable stay with us and that our resort and services met your expectations.
We will pass on your very nice remarks to other members of our staff and management, so they can also share in the appreciation of these flattering comments.
We are also grateful for you mentioning the excellent work of our staff.
We thank you for choosing the Coral Costa Caribe and will look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

I fully agree with the review below for Mar 17-24,2014 stay. Let me break it down to help everyone get through their 7 day stay:

Room 3/5- You get what you book, we got upgraded as we were recently married to Jr. suit on ocean view with balcony and terrace. Rooms are clean, you can ask for white sheet and they will give White Duvet which is comfortable and pillows can be changed as well. (Do it as soon as you check in) - Room doesn't have iron, coffee or fridge so pack appropriately.

Washroom 2/5: All washrooms are work in progress and face drainage issue with tub. You should request the seat to be cleaned on day 1 to make it work for the other 7 days.

Resort activities 5/5 - Great line up of activities from 10 - 12 pm, 3-6 pm, 8-11 pm with an amazing outdoor show where you see the performers pour their hearts out. A must see at night.

Al Acarte restaurants 5/5- On Hotel map it says you don't need reservation but you do otherwise you will not be allowed. Please make reservation in the main lobby between 11 am -2 pm. Italian restaurant is the best with 7 star service followed by Fogon 5 star service and Mexican with 3 star service.

Beach - 4/5 - Amazing beach with strong waves and windy. If you want perfect beach then book a resort on La Saona with miles of clear/warm water for snorkeling, swimming, canoeing.

Towel service - We didn't use it as we brought our own. You have to get a towel card which we were not given. Ask for it when checking in.

Safety deposit box key: Short in supply, If you don't get it on check in then have your name added to waiting list so you don't waste your vacaiton waiting for it.

Hotel Service - 3/5 as most staff have language issue and live dominican style therefore won't be off much help.

Pool - 4/5 Well maintained pool with continous clean up for your entertainment and activities.

Things you should ask for on checking in: 1. Safety deposity key; 2. Towel card, 3. Hotel activities brochure, 4. Washroom cleaning request 5. White sheets and soft pillow, 6. Al a carte reservation. Do this and your trip will be perfect.

Bus Service to Santo Domingor - There is a bus that runs every 30 mins to Santo Domingo if you wish to take, just stand on the side of road and bus driver will pick you up. From Santo Domingo go to La Parada de guagua where you can get bus "Astapa" which will take you back to your hotel. Save your money and avoid taking the bus tour and go as a group to Santo Domingo on local bus which will $2 US/pp

Have fun.

Room Tip: Currency: You can always exchange CDN at the airport or at the exchange located near the hotel walki...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Waqas2014
Betzaida N, Asistente de Gerencia at Coral Costa Caribe Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Dear Guest:
Thank you very much for sharing with us the feedback of your recent stay and we are happy to know that you had a great time here.
We appreciate and value your detailed comments on your experience. In our hotel we care taken to offer our clients with a friendly and personalized service in order that our clients have pleasant memories of their stay and have plans to return again.
We are pleased that in general terms had a good experience and we hope to have another opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

servise very very bad , every day problem no water evening time. dicso bar no alcogol .scnak bar dont have mastard ,pizza only managment ignoring . NEVER EVER GO BACK . the weather was very good and beach

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Arkadii O

Dear Guest:
Thank you for the review that you write about your experience in our resort

We would like to offer our sincerely apologies for any inconveniences or dissatisfaction that you have had during your recent stay with us.

We deeply regret that we did not meet your expectations and that our services and facilities have not been satisfactory.

In our hotel we are constantly working to improve our services and facilities, in order to ensure the satisfaction of our guests and our staff strives to offer a personalized and high quality service.

We would appreciate if you could give us another opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

My husband & I stay her March 17 to 24 we are in room S415.

To start when we book we ask for a king bed and sea room and a working/locking safe. Redtag called and sayed yes you 2 will have one.

No king no sea no working (safe for 3 Days) called to ask for a safe lock Key. Was told to come down at 10am and pick it up. No lock was asked to come back at 3 agen 5 agen at 7 and so on for 3 days. So we'll doing this i ask if I can get in to a king room that I ask for when I booked. Was toled NO we are full we have no rooms that are empty. I was like ok. As I was leavening the line a guy the was behind me ask for a king room sea. The same man I was just taking to not 2 mins ago says let me look yes we can get you into one. So go go back in to line and ask the same guy i bin asking sin day 1 no we do not have one for you at all. So I just gave up on that. My husband and I ware out of are room came back to are toilet not working called at 3p to get some one to come look at it 425p the next day some one came to look at it. We payed the mad 20us the 1 day and we did not get any thing done in are room but the bed mad and some new H2o. Or Sunday the locals came I'm i was in line at the sack back that just bust me out of the way and tuck all the food. I aka for a hotdog the man sid one on my plate for me and some locals just toct it and start to eat it.

Now for the good
Beaches are wonderful, three wonderful pools. The Mexican restaurant is great. No limit on à la cart restaurants. Bartender are great. Me and I husband and a good time but it would have bin butter.

Ps. Nave gave bad reviews but this was just the Top.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest:
We would like to thank you for writing the comments about your experience in our hotel.
We also offer you our sincerely apologies, if in any particular manner you felt uncomfortable with some our facilities and services.
We regret any inconveniences that you had with your room request, security safe and others issues in the room.

We ensure a proficient maintenance service in the entire infrastructure of the resort, as indeed we consider of great importance to keep all our rooms facilities and equipment working adequately.

Our main interest is to assure our guests’ satisfaction while on property and to be able to correct any situation.

We hope to have the occasion of receiving you in the near future with the intention of improving the experience that you had of the Hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Juan Dolio
Be Live Experience Hamaca Garden
Emotions by Hodelpa
Emotions by Hodelpa
#1 of 12 in Juan Dolio

Been to Coral Costa Caribe Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!