I stayed at this hotel in June with my friend. We were greeted by miserable staff who could barely speak English. After a long day traveling all we wanted to do was go to bed. However, after finally been shown to our rooms, we were appalled. There was no running water. The main light was flickering, and the bed-side lamp was broken. I looked on the bed and the pillow had what looked like a vomit stain on it, and there was a foundation mark on the sheets proving they had not been washed since the last person stayed. The balcony sliding door did not shut properly letting all the mosquitoes in.
We went downstairs to the lobby straight away to complain. After a whole night of complaining, we were finally accommodated to a room on the other side of the hotel, which was apparently a newer build. This room was acceptable and much nicer.
We were unimpressed by the food as it seemed like it had been left out for days and re-used, with not much variety. Stray cats were lingering whilst we were eating. The pool was ok but not completely clean like expected. After speaking to other guests we discovered that a lot of the locals were allowed in the hotel at the weekends, which made us feel a bit uncomfortable. However, one thing that we could not complain about was the beach- it was stunning.
In total we stayed at this hotel for 3 nights instead of the 14 we had payed for, and those 3 days were spent trying to get into another hotel. We finally found a hotel that wasn't fully booked, and had to travel all the way to Punta Cana. We were moved to Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe, and although the move made our holiday so much more expensive it was worth every penny. After a terrible start at Coral Costa Caribe, we were finally able to enjoy our holiday at our hotel in Punta Cana. Please take this advise and do not stay at this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the warm ocean waters of the Caribbean, enjoy a limitless family-oriented vacation experience. There are fun-filled activities under the sun for all. Our activities program includes water sports and one of the best white sand and boundless turquoise water beaches. Savor an outburst of flavors with a signature Caribbean flavor. These are just some of the ways in which you will keep busy during your stay at Coral Costa Caribe. The warmth of our staff is best expressed by the careful attention given to every small detail. Cradle yourself in the midst of its lush vegetation covered by impeccable tropical gardens surrounded by tropical flowers and trees. Seek refuge in one of our comfortable guest rooms; the heart and soul of the destination is embodied in its decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Coral Costa Caribe Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coral Costa Caribe Resort, Spa And Casino
- Coral Costa Caribe Hotel Juan Dolio
- Hilton International Juan Dolio
- Costa Caribe Coral Hilton
- Coral Costa Caribe Resort & Spa Dominican Republic/Juan Dolio