“wonderful resort”

Coral Costa Caribe Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Juan Dolio
Reviewed 19 November 2010

This was my 3rd trip at this hotel. In january we are going back for our 4th time for two weeks. I have read alot of the review and totaly desigree with a lot of the review. This hotel is clean, comfortable. The food is great and the restaurant a la carte are excellent. Again lots of people can't appreciate thart there are not in their country for THE CHOICE they HAVE BACK HOME, LIKE MacDonald, Keg, Boston pizza etc....Remember that you are in Dominican Republic not the USA or Canada. All in all this is a fine hotel with excellent staff, the beach is beautiful, the food great and lovely room. I will return for many years to come.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank jpdupuis
Write a ReviewReviews (2,199)

Reviewed 14 November 2010

I read the reviews on here prior to traveling but still selected this hotel based on location. It was certainly worth the value. Plenty of food and food options, good entertainment, pleasant and courteous staff members. If I had to say anything negative, and I really don't think it was that bad, it would be that you have to plan on letting the water run at least 15 minutes for it to get hot and the beds were really hard. Aside from that it was a great week. The companies on-site that provide excursions are excellent. We went on several excursions and found them to be EXCELLENT.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FunINDR
Reviewed 11 November 2010

Please DO NOT STAY at this hotel. My friend and I were constantly harassed by the male staff and one crossed the line after I told him that I wasn’t interested. It happened on the beach in the middle of the afternoon on our third day. The employee, Francisco (sports and activities staff), rubbed his foot on my private parts while I was on a beach chair and he was sitting in the sand next to me. Not only was the action unwelcome it was intolerable and heinous. My friend and I immediately contacted management. We left the hotel after management did very little to resolve the problem (sent us a fruit basket and told us that we would not see that particular employee). The male staff at the C.C.C. were constantly making sexual innuendos and pestering us to leave the hotel with them. Customer Service Manager, Gregorio, refused to aid us in finding another hotel, refund our stay, or even pay for the taxi to our next hotel. He did however provide us a phone call to the States so that we could contact our travel agent for help.

Parents do not leave your daughters alone at any time at this hotel. Please don't even let them go do any activities with staff members alone! Better yet, stay somewhere else!

Our wonderful travel agent from Perx.com came to our rescue and was able to find us accommodation at the Oasis Hamaca in Boca Chica. It was wonderful, everything that the Coral Costa Caribe wasn’t, the food was ten times better, the drinks were equally better and the accommodations were impeccable!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank klj_travels
ChCCC, Manager at Coral Costa Caribe Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2011

Dear Client:

We would like to offer you our most sincere apologies for any situation that may have affected you during your past stay in our property, at the time we would like to mention that an independent concessionaire who is not associated nor related economically nor legally to the Hotel administers the Water Activities company working in the resort, please be advised that this company is not related to our entertainment staff as you mention.

We take this opportunity to inform you that our internal policies do not allow such behavior from any of the members of our staff or concessionaire employees working in the resort, to reassure the safety of our environment for the enjoyment of our clients vacations, our Security department work towards to ensure a family ambiance without circumstances that may concern our clients.

Thank you again and we would seriously appreciate if you could give us another opportunity to welcome you in our property to have the occasion of changing the perception you have of our Resort.

Regards,

Coral Costa Caribe Resort, Spa & Casino

Reviewed 7 November 2010

This hotel was an absolute joke. My friends and I traveled from Massachusetts and were treated very poorly by the native staff. We went during a local holiday weekend where alot of natives of the DR were staying. The difference in service between myself/friends and the Dominican guests was extremely blatant. We were outright ignored in comparison to the good service the Dominicans were getting. We are pretty low maintenance and not difficult to please. What an awful feeling to pay for a trip and be treated as if we were invisible.

The showers are awful. Freezing cold water that comes out as a trickle. We ended up showering at the pool shower because it was a little warmer and had better pressure. The rooms are fairly clean and decent for sleeping.

They also outright lie to you about the snorkeling excursion. They clearly show you a brochure that says you will take a luxury glass bottom boat to a snorkeling spot, then off to Catalina Island for a lobster dinner included. Guess what folks? A rickety old boat with nails exposed in the baseboards, no provision of snorkeling gear, and lobster is an additional $30 when you get to the island. I tried to dispute the charge on my debit card after the trip and Caribe refused to compromise. Customer service plain old sucks.

The food was very average...nothing to rave about. The only good thing about this hotel is the beach.....not enough for me to recommend or to go back.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank nminer76
Reviewed 2 November 2010

My sister and I decided on The Coral Costa Caribe based on a few reviews. The location was far from the airport, we were in the car for at least 3 hours and after a flight it was an uncomfortable ride. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The buffet food was excellent but the al la cart restaurants were not. The beach was unbelievable, so clean and safe looked like a postcard. I was unhappy with the amount of handlers on the beach. While getting some sun we were constantly hounded by locals selling little treasures, massages, and apparel. The most frustrating was the internet, it was NEVER available. We had a hard time communicating back home. It was our first trip and i would give it a 5. I wouldn't go back.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank Nadia5994
Reviewed 1 November 2010

This hotel is very average. We got a steal of a price for a room so I felt like it was worth it. The beach is pretty, the pool is fine.....nothing spectaular at all. The food at the buffet is a new level of terrible; however, there are plenty of fruits to choose from. I would not want to stay at this place for more than a few nights. Juan Dolio is close to Santo Domingo (45 mins or so) and there is lots to do there. Do not stay here for a whole week, but if you're passing through the area I think this place is fine for a couple of nights.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank mh77mh77
Reviewed 28 October 2010

I had mixed feelings going to this hotel after reading the negative reviews but I must say that I was pleasantly surprised with my stay there. The staff are very friendly and extremely helpful.
The hotel is very beautiful and is kept clean at all times. The beach is beautiful and clean and there are plenty of lounge chairs to go around.
There was plenty of variety of food can't say that I got bored with it. Entertainment was good and they were very friendly too.
Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. Remember it is not the Ritz Carlton but it is definitely worth the money. Can't wait to go back...

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Be Live Experience Hamaca Garden
Emotions by Hodelpa
Emotions by Hodelpa
#1 of 12 in Juan Dolio

Been to Coral Costa Caribe Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!