“disorganized and dishonest”
Review of Mel Tours

Mel Tours
Ranked #6 of 14 Tours in Sosua
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I went to their office that I found on the web site. Noone was at the office at 9:30am. I called the number at the door. This guy Danny has asked me to wait for 10 min. Fine. When he arrived, he gave me a brochure and told me that Catamaran tour costs $90. I asked him why it said $70 on their website. He said that they are not using that website anymore. On the brochure, there was also a VIP Catamaran tour for $125. When I asked about more info, Danny said that it costs $165. I guess they are not using that brochure either. I got up and left. A block away, I saw another Mel Tours office with Olga as a representative. Her brochure had the Catamaran tour for $70. Oh well.

9  Thank Pasha G

Reviewed 24 March 2013

We contacted Mel'Tour in Puerto Plata because we knew that the ones they sell through the resorts and tour company are expensive. They were great, picking us up at our resort, taking care of us the entire day and showing us a fun and educational time. We visited a school where we dropped off school supplies we brought with us. A village and had fresh coffee, an artists workshop(expensive here though to buy), had an authentic Dominican lunch and drinks which was amazing! and the Damadjagua Falls area for the 7 levels tour. The guide and driver and video guys all stayed with us the entire day. We had so much fun we will do again next trip! I highly recommend booking with them if in the Puerto Plata, Cabaret or Sosua area.

4  Thank Nina_TBayGirl
Reviewed 4 December 2012

Great places.Lovely People.Good time. Awesome Experience.
Unforgettable Adventure. Great Memories.Fun days.

1  Thank Annalise C
Reviewed 3 November 2012

Had great time on the Cayo Paradise island snorkel, small island only served fruits-bananas,pineapples,coke,sprite,rum,water. no meat. clear water good visibility lots of fish.Very long bumpy bus ride. the Puerto Plata tour went to Brugal rum for tour and tasting bought 3 bottles. the catamaran tour was great.great snorkel,lots of fish. soft drinks,and beer and lunch

1  Thank sfphototraveller
Reviewed 4 October 2012

We booked the half day horseback riding tour with waterfall and it was truly an adventure! The tour guide, Simona, took us to a beautiful cabin to start, then we got on the horses and took off from there. It was a breathtakingly gorgeous ride through the countryside. Some of the hills were quite steep, but the horses are extremely sure-footed and know the route very well so even though my husband and I are not expert riders, we were confident going through. There were a ton of moments for great pictures also. When we go to the waterfalls, the real fun began! Jumping into the first and ziplining through the second made for an awesome end to our day! I would highly recommend this tour!

1  Thank LW1231