“THIS HOTEL IS AMAZING”

Sosua Bay Resort
Ranked #25 of 31 Hotels in Sosua
“THIS HOTEL IS AMAZING”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I'm not sure what some of these lousy jerks are up to by saying they had a terrible experience because their were too many stairs, who is writing these reviews Mariah Carey??? any way.. I stayed at this resort with an all inclusive package... all you can eat, the view is breath taking and the suite i stayed in had a clear view of the paradise.. it is very romantic if you are going with your significant other but if you go as a family it would also be a great experience, The Sosua Bay Resort has a bar right on the pool you'll find that interesting. The Room I stayed in from what i recall was not the most impressive but unless you are going to be staying in all day you won't have to worry as their are lots of festivities to get into around town. bars,restaurants,sight seeing.... The town is very safe to trot. I personally went on the Jet ski and on the banana boat which they were both good times.. I hope my review was a little help to your curiosity and no i don't work for the hotel or any affiliation for that matter I live in Miami... other suggestions however of this magical island are you ready? (SAMANA-CAYE LEVANTADO) (LA ROMANA CASA DE EL CAMPO) (BAVARO) (PUERTO PLATA IS OK ITS A BIT TOO TOURISTY FOR ME) OK IM DONE FOR NOW GOOD LOOK AN ENJOY THE AMAZING PARADISE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC HAS TO OFFER.

Room Tip: Suites on the south side are more exclusive & more expensive than the rest.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Ahmad C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Dolton, Illinois
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

This place just has a impressionable location. Don't be fooled by it. It is the devils den of sosua. Visited a couple of years ago, I was put in the rear of this place in a horrible room. My view was a trash area. Food was not good. Im really surprised they're still open. Stay away.

Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank amoten7

Travellers are raving about these Sosua hotels

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 24 January 2014

The place looks really nice and like a lot of fun on the out side, but once you get in the run down they had no water bottles for us to use and the private beach is to small. There are so many steps up and down and to get any where. Right beside the hotel there is a flea market and a public beach, in the beach you have to pay for chairs and will be harassed by anyone walking by, in the flea market is not a place to go on your own its hidden in side a wooded area and you will be harassed by hookers and escorts. I would not recommend this resort to anyone worst stay. we stayed in 2007

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Teaneck, New Jersey
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Keep yourself and your loved ones away from that hotel!!!!.......they changed the hotel's name (Hotel Topazio Azul know) but it is really a nightmare. I booked by phone a regular room and upon arrival (1 hour later) the Sales Mgr. informed me that there were no more room available and he offered me a JUNIOR SUITE and I would have to pay for a Junior suite.....no problem I said.

Accomodations
no working phone:
no hot water
no remote control
no magnetic key
no door lock
only 2 towels in the bathroom (JUNIOR SUITE)
Jacuzzi deteriorated

Food and Beverage
warm beers
Pina Colada (only pineaple juice and Rum)
no ice at some point
the variety and quality of the food was minimal in all meals.
Food descomposed (smelled bad)

Customer service
One of the housekeeper was complaining to the manager in front of us because he requested to make our room available.
A customer kindly asked to the bartender what it was a Cuba Libre and the bartender responded in a very sarcastic and unprofessional manner.
Another customer was complaining to the receptionist and one of the hotel managers responded very irritated that she would call security in order to remove the customers from the hotel.
no beach lounge chairs for hotel customers.
The following morning they started repairing the room above us at 7:00AM!!!.....a lot of noise and upon complaining to the receptionist the noise increased........
I am a very fair person but this experience was a very, very unpleasant one.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank titan2009
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 18 July 2013

While we were there, one of the employees found a way to open our room safe (which we had to pay $20 extra for) and disappear with a heirloom wedding ring, irreplaceable, worth at least $6500. They offered no apologies, no any compensation whatsoever. The owner refused to take any responsibility for this theft...he just hid in the office and pretended not to be there. This hotel is a waste on time, it has no beach, no "garden view" as promised, and the town has nothing of real value to see.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shirluh
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 January 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel over Christmas 2011. I don't think I would stay again for the following reasons - My husband has bad legs and when gathering information on this particular hotel we were told that there were elevators in case we could not get a room on the first floor. The elevators were usually broken so my husband did a lot of walking up and down stairs. The first night there my husband had to fix the toilet because it kept running. When you took a shower there was always water on the floor afterwards. This problem was never fixed although the hotel did install a new showerhead. The towels were pretty shabby and should probably be replaced. The food was good but always the same. Maybe one or two different foods but usually the same every day. The staff was great (Wilson, Carlos, Sandy, Leonardo). If it weren't for the staff I would not have stayed at this hotel. They are the ones who made our vacation. The hotel was supposed to be on the beach but it isn't. You need to walk to get to the beach. It isn't a far walk but when the website for this hotel states it is on the beach I am expecting it to be within proximity to the hotel. I really would not go back again. All I can say about the hotel is kudos to the staff!!!!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank katmac53
Smilde
Reviewed 15 January 2012

With Xmas we visited the Dominican Republic, Sosua, for the first time. And because we were too late making reservations we had to stay for three nights in the Bay Resort hotel, all inclusive. According to the reception desk we were very lucky to be allowed to stay in this hotel. And of course we had to pay extra, 50$ p/person, because of New Year's eve. But we will not be at the hotel this evening, we told them. Doesn't matter, these are the hotel rules, and rules are rules. And yes, you have to pay in advance.

What can I say. They have, I think, an attitude problem with their arrogant staff. The food is bad, the staff doesn't take you seriously, I had to ask twice for a TV remote control and clothing hangers and they were never brought, we had only one bedside lamp, we could hardly see anything in our room at night. And of course, we had a very loud air conditioning unit that kept us awake. There was hardly enough hot water for us both to shower, we had only one small towel and an even smaller one p/person, but the view was nice.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple