“Very nice”

Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Sosua
Gothenburg, Sweden
“Very nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

My recent stay at Casa Cayena was absolutely perfect. Nice room lots of chanels on the TV. Good shower with warm water. The cleaning every day was very good as well. Nice pool also.
Walkeble distans to Pedro Calisante where all the action is. Everyday girls sits in the reception waiting for you ;) if you want of course. There´s a very nice beach to the left wich is more than good and very quiet. I stayed here for 10 Days.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo

2 Thank Krogarn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Pearland, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Casa Cayena this past November. My bungalow was modern and nice, with a king-sized bed and a good daily cleaning service. There was a good air conditioner, strong ceiling fan, and in-room fridge and safe, and a good shower with plenty of hot water.

There was also a nice TV, a dresser with plenty of space for things, and even a table for working or entertaining. There is a huge closet with more than enough room for your clothes.

The only suggestions for change that I would have about the room is that the lights are somewhat dim for working, and it would be helpful to have an electric socket near the table so you can plug your computer in. (But perhaps I shouldn’t be working on vacation? LOL)

The bungalow also has a nice small front porch with chairs and small tables, and me and friends would often sit out there and smoke cigars and consume some Dominican rum or a Presidente, and talk, and enjoy the sultry and tropical Caribbean evening.

The hotel also offers free dinner and breakfast with a nice selection, which is a very nice bonus, and I always enjoyed eating in their open-air dining room, with its ceiling fans and view of the pool and the street outside.

The WIFI at the hotel is also good, which turned out to be important for me because the CLARO network was having problems. Because of that, I could not get email or internet on my world I-phone, which on a previous occasion has not been a problem. But the hotel’s strong WIFI meant that I did have internet access on my PC and on my phone, while I was at the hotel.

I hope CLARO get the problem fixed for my next visit, but I know I will have access in the hotel.

The security guard, Roberto, was always very friendly and helpful, and although it is perhaps a bit unnerving to see him carry around a shotgun at night, I got used to it and realized it was there for my protection. And Roberto is one of the nicest guys you will meet.

The hotel has a lovely L-shaped swimming pool that is kept clean, and I availed myself of it twice, and wish I had done so more often.

I have to give special compliments to the lovely Damarus, the waitress/bartender that is always happy and has a good spirit and wants to help. When I asked for two extra pillows, she brought them to me with a smile on her face.

Overall, the hotel has a nice calm quiet environment, and quiet is important to me. If I perhaps stayed up a bit too late, I knew I could sleep undisturbed well into the morning, if I needed to, and I did on more than one occasion.

I have stayed in other hotels where the staff starts cranking music in the kitchen at 9 am, or the cleaning/service staff doesn’t know how to be quiet. Getting a full night’s sleep is very important to me, and Casa Cayena hits a home run on this score.

Overall, the hotel has an interesting and modern open air layout that is quite appealing to stay in.

I showed a couple of buddies the grounds and my room, and we often ate in the restaurant, which has very affordable rates for the non-guest (it’s free if you are a guest). They agreed that they would be staying at Casa Cayena next time.

And, we are going back in January, and guess where we are staying – yes, Casa Cayena! I will even get my old room again. I’m looking forward to my return!

Room Tip: Stayed in one of the bungalows, very nice, very reasonably priced.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Bruce B
Monmouth Beach, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

stayed three nights nice location rooms are clean every thing worked . The free breakfast was great the pool was crystal clear the wifi was very good I am going to recommended this place to all my friends

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Frank p
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

i stayed there for about three days , the hotel is like a mint resort, with private swimming pool and the beach a walking distance,Very reasonable in price, had complimentary breakfast and dinner, ford is great, and great location , staff is very friendly, rooms are clean, the only down fall is with the wifi connection that keep dropping signals, overall myself and my friends were satisfied and will come back again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Monroe, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

Always pleasant staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms cleaned very well daily and a overall very nice atmosphere every time I stay. The location and access to eveything is perfect. Rooms situated perfectly I never used the air conditioning. The ceiling fan and opening the door kept a nice breeze running throughout the room. Being a African-American, the only change I would like is for the shower water to be a little hottier. For me I like very hot showers, but, the current temperature of the water is fine.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

I was at the Cayena a couple of months ago, it wasn't my first trip and the staff is always great. This particular trip I came in very late from Santiago. They secured my transportation and kept my room until midnight. I love staying here, it's like being around old friends when I come. If you want 10 people fighting to carry your bags or someone to fluff your pillow by the pool, then this may be the wrong hotel. But if you want clean, safe, comfortable accomodations (With Great Food) then give them a try.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Texas City, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

Had a good visit. There were many problems with wifi but by the time I left this was all fixed! The staff are excellent and very responsive, almost like family!

It is not a 5 star property, and neither are the prices, but the service is very good! The restaurant food quality is very good and the location is very convenient.

I am sure this property under the management of Wilfred will get better over time. The Christmas decorations were just out as I was leaving and things were looking even better. Wilfred is a good man! The staff are very trustworthy and honet as well!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends