“Very friendly staff”

Sosua by the Sea
Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels in Sosua
“Very friendly staff”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Hotel was charming, nice clean beach, staff was incredible, friendly, always bringing you drinks, offering you help. Nice quiet small resort. Buffet was good, with beautiful views, but the menu stayed the same pretty much the whole week.

Room Tip: All were good.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank carmorin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Was my first time with my familly in this * Hotel* but for sure there will be no other and thanks God we were there for one night only. First of all when I made the reservation I said that was my wife birthday as well as our anyversary and not even a congratulation latter was placed in the room requested a room with 2 beds for my kids and this one had only one king, the hotel was empty and I realized that this hotel is recommended for singles not for families, anyway I was trying to make up to my wife and we would it have bettter time if we would stayed at home, I don't want to forget that we had the choice to have the all inclusive or not and I took it because of my kids but at chek in time I reallized this was going to be horrible they asked...
Do you want the lunch today or tomorrow? because if you take it today you can not take it tomorrow, any way I did not even pass by the buffet the next day because I dont want my kids to fell restricted I dont want to write more about it but, they should write on the web all the details and with capital letter " FOR SINGLES ONLY" I felt like I was paying for nothin.....

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Carlos198230
Santiago de los Caballeros, Dominican Republic
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Suite # 311 was spacious, very clean and had great ocean views several walls of windows. Two separate seating areas, one for TV the other more for conversation, a dining area, kitchen, a bedroom and bathroom with a separate sink, dressing and vanity area. One set of windows had a nice view of the large swimming pool.

Comfortable and quality bedding. Great value. We opted for the breakfast only option so that we could venture out and try different places for lunch and dinner.

Although the kitchen could use some updating, it didn't bother us as we didn't cook. I truly enjoyed the private beach and the crystal clear blue waters.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank StephanMark
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Sosua by the Sea is a great resort. It's right on the coastline, so you get to enjoy the beautiful beach. The price per night is reasonable including the meals which are delicious. I look forward to staying here again.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the beach. You won't regret it.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Calgary
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This boutique hotel is a treasured gem. The staff are very friendly, it's clean, food is good and it has access to two great beaches. We stayed at this hotel while we were on a mission trip building homes in a nearby village. The staff were very accomodating and attentive.

Room Tip: Ask for a ocean or pool view.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Calgarybubba
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Sosua by the Sea is a nice spot, the suites are roomy though I think they may vary in terms of amenities. The one we were given did not have a functioning stove so they wheeled in a trolly with a hot plate. Hopefully others have better working equipment. Everything is clean and service is great. The dining room is a bit of a disappointment and I was glad we didn't use the all inclusive option. Lots of restaurants and pubs in easy walking distance. When we were there the seas were very rough so we did not get to snorkel off the beach front as we had hoped. That was disappointing.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Penelephant
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 28 March 2013

We really enjoyed staying at Sosua By The Sea during our Spring Break DR workation. The staff was most accommodating and very friendly. The view at every meal was breathtaking and the food was amazing. We were there for two weeks and never got tired of the fabulous buffet of Dominican food. The desserts were to die for, made fresh every morning by a pastry chef. We were there to work and to also enjoy our free time in the late afternoons and evenings. We were able to meander into the town of Sosua and browse through the shops. Due to severe weather on the east coast there were massive waves crashing on the beaches and unfortunately, our beach was completely gone by the end of the storm. We could still snorkel from our beach and the neighbouring resort allowed us to use their beach but there are other spectacular beaches around. The public beach is a short walk away and Caberette is a 15 minute drive. If you want to party all night with entertainment, then stay elsewhere. If you want a peaceful place to relax with all the amenities of other larger resorts, then Sosua By The Sea is the place to stay

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank lovethedr13
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sosua
Casa Valeria Boutique Hotel
Coral Blanco Hotel
#4 of 30 in Sosua
Casa Marina Beach & Reef
BlueBay Villas Doradas Adults Only

Been to Sosua by the Sea? Share your experiences!