“Nice Hidden Gem in Sosua”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Don Andres

Hotel Don Andres
Ranked #2 of 29 Sosua B&B and Inns
Maple Shade, New Jersey
“Nice Hidden Gem in Sosua”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

Just wanted to write this review to show my appreciation of the hotel. I have stayed there my last three trips and have never had any issues. The hotel is clean, the staff is friendly and accessible when you need something. I also like the location which is located in a quiet area and has a great restaurant named Bologna's right next door and there is also a a little "tienda", grocery store for basic needs. I will stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank BobFSos123

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Lommel, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

Very nice appartment-hotel, friendly and helpfully.
Clean room, nice bed, shower, airco, tv (if tou like) good price, wat else do you need ?
Also a pool and Bar/Restaurant
The food is Great and at the bar is always ambiance.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sjaak098
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

Very nice place to have a drink or a meal. Very good service !!!
The owner speeks several languages and is always helpfull.

I can recommend the BBQ and Karaoke every friday.

The best place in town. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank OliverBram
Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

we recommend all our customers to stay at this hotel because the service is perfect and there are several languages ​​spoken! very good and maintained rooms, delicious cuisine, not to mention every Friday night BBQ and karaoke with DJ and singer Jepols
highly recommended
greetings to the patrons and staff
Rancho Pinto, Puerto Plata

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ranchopinto
Heerde, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2013

very nice accomodation, rooms are decent, clean and spacious. very nice pool, the bar is nice, they serve always cold beer and the other clientes i met are very social and ready to make a party. The restaurant is the best restaurant in sosua. i had a great holiday

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank VosVogel
sosua
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013

I lived in sosua for 8 years. henri & bertico became friends. before I moved from st croix I visited sosua many times. always stayed at don andres. would call a day or two before I came.(had a restaurant) never knew when I could get away. Henri always found room for me. I had no spanish & Bert would teach me 3 words a day, about 1,00 words a month. an example of how they treat everyone. I made the mistake of moving to florida 3 yrs ago. moving back in june. will stay at don andres til I find a permanent place. the beer always cold, food always good. I know, I'm an award winning chef .the rooms clean & prices stay reasonable. you cannot beat the staff, even in a 5 star hotel. I don't know if this counts as a review or not, but it is what I feel. go there & see what I mean!! Tamas Janda ( your trip calander does'nt go back far enough!)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank gitanoSosua
Hilversum, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

This small hotel offers good value and excellent service. Staff is very friendly and helpful. I stayed with my mother in August 2011 and we really enjoyed our time. They have a nice bar and good food. If you want you can ask for dutch specialities and the owner is ready to prepare things on request if he can find the right ingredients. As a Dutch person living in Haiti I did not expect to be able to eat dutch pea soup and home made kroketten in my holiday in the Dominican Republic, but I could and they were very good ! I can really recommend this place.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family