“Fun day snorkeling”
Review of Divecenter Merlin

Divecenter Merlin
Ranked #2 of 16 Tours in Sosua
More attraction details
Owner description: Dive center Merlin was founded in Sosua 1994. Base leader and PADI Instructor Jurgen Rumpenhorst and his team speak English, German, French, Dutch and Spanish. The dive shop is open all year round. More than 20 different dive sites can be reached by boat in 5 - 20 minutes.
Reviewed 6 July 2014

A few friends and I spent the afternoon snorkeling with Divecenter Merlin and had a great time. All the gear we needed was available, and the water was clear and cool. It was a great way to spend an afternoon, though not as extensive as I would have liked.

Oh, they also let you feed the fish and take pictures, which was really cool!

All reviews
"dive shop"
in 7 reviews
"experience level"

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Warm, clear water with safe professional dive staff. Coral reef was average. My third visit to Sosua and I have used Merlin's each time and will do so again next visit.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I did 5 dives with Merlin dive centre in April 2014. The dives were good, bit the attention and service were great. I had a fabulous time and will be back.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

These guys certainly know how to look after you. Excellent value......they know what they are talking about and are very professional. Was made to feel like one of the family......wanted to stay with these guys rather than rush back to the hotel and my girlfriend. I can't say enough about these guys........Jurgen and Peter I have been scuba a few times now and this was by far the best experience I have had.......cheers my friends. Looking forward to coming back to the Dom Rep and seeing you again. Super Super Super Excellente!!!

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 April 2014

For the last few years since being certified, we always include a couple of dive trips on our "warm water" vacations, and our experience with Merlin's Dive Center has been the best yet! We are not super experienced divers and the staff was knowlegable and helpful. Kai, our dive master guaged our skill and experience level and tailored the dive so we would have the beat pissible experience. The owner Jurgen personnally drove our dive video to our hotel! We would recommend Merlin's to anyone, experiencedd or beginner. The entire staff makes you feel welcome and part of the "family"' from the moment you step into their lobby. Excellent establishment!