“Definitely worth a visit” 5 of 5 bubbles

Baia Lounge
Ranked #53 of 106 Restaurants in Sosua
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Seafood, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Definitely worth a visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Amazing food at an even more amazing place!! This is what we call " diner with a view"..the staff was very friendly and very professional..it was a wonderful experience

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Amazing!!!! they helped my wedding be the best not just in location but in FOOD!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Where to start, well first off I had booked my wedding in the only boutique hotel in Puerto Plata and had the worst experience. 2 months before my wedding i decide to change the venue. I went to Bahia Lounge before and had the best meals and a great times with the views. So i approached Giancarlo about the possibility of having my wedding there. Not only did i get a response before the 24 hours but all the information very clear so I decided to go forward with the confirmation. The process with them them became enjoyable from the wine tasting to the food tasting up until the wedding. They worked together with my wedding coordinator and made my life so much easier. The day of the wedding of course the bride (me) was late and they quickly made sure my guests were ok. It rained which delayed the wedding and did a great job adjusting to everything make it an enjoyable wait vs a painful one for my guests. the finger foods were gourmet my guests enjoyed them all. The service was devine and even though it was 150 guests we were able to have 5 course meal that was PERFECT!!!! the temperature the taste timing everything hats off because a plated dinner for 150 guest is not easy and my wedding food was the best wedding food my guest have ever had. The following day instead of a brunch i had a Chic BBQ/ pool party for all my guests that came from (Boston, Alabama, Atlanta, Florida, California, Washington D.C, New york, London, Jamaica, DR, and even Central America) and was able to please everyone. From Sushi to a grill with all the different kinds of cuts, salads, an organic pork on a stick everything to please all crowds. So all I can say is Thank you for making my wedding one of the most epic weddings anyone that attended my wedding has gone to. If you are ever in Sosua/ puerto plata I highly recommend you go and taste for yourself whether its the fresh sashimi or the steaks and other fine dinning its worth the trip. And if you are looking for a place to have an event look no further to avoid yourself the pain and check out Bahia Lounge. Again that you folks from The ocean Club I will definitely be back. (wedding date april 26, 2014)

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank melissa a
escalada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Treated Like CRAP!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Two weeks prior to valentines day I made a reservation for valentines dinner - I MADE THE RESERVATION IN PERSON. When my girlfriend and I showed up - me in a suit and she in a new dress we were turned away saying they did not have our reservation. The bartender working even recalled the day I was in to make the reservation. They did not even say sorry - just that they were full and could not accommodate us. I have been to restaurants all over the world and have never been treated as badly as I was at this place. I hope the place fails!!!!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank escalada
Jamestown, North Carolina
“Beautiful ambiance okay dinner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Located near beautifully lit Infiniti pools and right on the bay, Baia lounge is contemporary and chic. The menu is as well. My husband and I both ordered the skirt steak with chimmichurri sauce. Requesting a small substitution for a side on one meal resulted in both meals suffering major changes which means neither of us ended up with what we wanted. That was disappointing. Language can be a problem at times. Not sure why we were the only ones there so it wasn't like they were busy. I would have enjoyed more flavor and experiencing what I ordered. I would recommend spending about $60.00 US somewhere else.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Again and Again the best place to eat in the Dominican”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

As always everytime we are in Sosua, we have to eat at this place. Incredible atmosphere and comfort. Cannot get enough of it from Fresh Tuna and salmon Burgers to great staeks and incredible fresh fish. No one can ask for more. Sushi is out of this world and the asian dumplings are just to die for. The kids love the pizza also. What else can I say its a great place to eat at a must not miss.

• Visited February 2014