“Fantastic!!”

Residencial Casa Linda
Ranked #3 of 41 Speciality Lodging in Sosua
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Beautiful villa, very clean, excellent customer service. We had an issue with hot water we called the office and the technician arrived with 15 minutes and had it fixed. Definitely worth paying extra for the new villas. I highly recommend Casa Linda!

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank lovethesun010

Reviewed 18 June 2012

Below are my pros and cons, but overall, I would never stay here again. I am a 30 year old male, traveling with 5 other guy friends around my age. We stayed here in June for 7 nights, we had 2 villas. Unless you're old, make no noise and stay inside the whole time...this isn't the place for you. To the main strip in Sosua from Casa Linda is a 300pesos ($8) taxi one-way ride.

Pros:
-Lots of security who are very friendly and make you feel real safe
-Each villa has its own pool
-They offer rentals cars, which you need if you stay here. Its a 5-10 min drive to downtown Sosua
-AC (but in bedrooms only, not kitchen or living room)
-The place was very clean and has daily maid service
-Everything is very new and updated

Cons:
-Pool kept breaking and draining behind our house, pool light would come on when it felt like it
-WiFi barley worked, luckily we had a radio engineer in our group who went into the DNS settings and fixed it
-Beds were rock hard
-We never had enough hot water...the first person to shower would have enough hot water to wash his hair and then it went cold...everyday for the whole trip
-Some of the villas here are owned and people live in them full-time, if you plan on making any noise, you will get yelled at. 3 warnings = kicked out
-If you called the office to get something fixed, it was always the same answer "maybe we'll fix it tomorrow" - and then it was never fixed
-All of the rooms wrap around the pool, so if one person wants to sleep early you will hear everything happening right outside your sliding glass door

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
12  Thank Travel2956
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I have been staying at Residencial Caslinda 4 times a year for 10 years. Overall good experience, in the last 2 years they have changed Rental managers to a gut by the name of Chris who is certainly not customer friendly just about making a profit for the complex. Paid in advance for 4 nites, arrived as scheduled and told them had to leave a day earlier and could I get a refund or a credit of a day on a future stay. No you just loose your money. Chris the manager explained there Cancellation policy, I told him that I did not cancel I need to leave a day earlier. Sorry you loose. Villa 19 is old, Air Condition in one room did not work, advised staff and they sent tech over to service, he stayed 5 min said he was going to check back in 30 minutes to see if it was cooling he never returned. Wifi didn't work advised staff they sent over tech, he told me he was sorry there was nothing he could do please use complex Wi fi which was slow because of distance to the router. Maid came in the first morning and accused me and my guest of stealing a towel and she was going to report it to management. How many people count the towels when you check in? I should have ask for full refund, Chris is the problem, it's gotten bad since he arrived onsite. My recommendation STAY AWAY at all cost. CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS. Ed

Room Tip: Stay away your business is not appreciated
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
14  Thank coolemr
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Location, location, location. Went there with 7 other guys for our annual man-cation. Six guys stayed in villa #631 and two in villa #622. Villa #631 is currently the only 6 bedroom villa available rent, and the guys absolutely loved it. Each room has a private bathroom and self controlled wall AC unit attached in it. Plus the pool is in the middle where it makes a great meeting and gathering spot for you and your guest for dinner or barbecues. Both villas were cleaned upon arrival and were cleaned daily during our stay of May 24 to 28. I believe the icing on the cake for a vacation is the staff that works there, and I must say the staff at Casa Linda went out of their way to accommodate 8 different preferences. I am sure Edwin was happy to see that we finally were there. Amanda was super informative about our zip lining excursion. Chris went out his way to allow a small pool party to happen at villa 631. If I had to pick one thing that I liked the most about casa Linda beside the location of course, hands down, it would be the security. All in all, the staff, the location, and the security makes casa Linda a must return or a must book when in the area. Now you may wonder why I did not give them an excellent rating. I think that there should be a restaurant on sight, which they are working on. Plus some of the roads where the two villas that we rented were not paved, but I am sure that is due to the on going construction.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank jmood112
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I stayed in Villa #49. It was very well kept. I would only suggest they update the living room furniture...the wicker furniture with cushions on them is just not comfortable. They need to get normal sofas. Also would suggest King size, rather than Queen, at least in the Master bedroom, and access to a blanket/comforter in the rooms somewhere (like the closet).

Other than those minor issues, the villa was nice. The pool was DIVINE. Very private spot for us in #49. Security was great, always present, friendly, and seemed to take their jobs seriously. The staff was nice. I suggest people rent a car, we didn't do it initially, but after the first day, we decided to do it and it was perfect since you have to get around to go grocery shopping, go to the beach, etc.

Room Tip: I saw pictures for newer villas and they looked amazing. The older ones still have wicker furniture...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank VirginiaVee
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Great security. Very friendly English speaking staff. Bedrooms have individual AC units which is better than most resorts in the area. Working WiFi.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank GTranquilo
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Thank you so much for the provisions. We had a great mission trip. The lodging was super, especially the pool each evening after a hard day walking on the streets. The stay could not have been any better. Thanks again. Randy from Texas

Room Tip: Seems like any room at this facility is the one to choose.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends