“Secluded Paradise”

Self Creek Lodge & Marina
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kirby
Self Creek Lodge & Marina
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Peacefully start your day on the deck, enjoying the gorgeous view with your morning coffee and then spend the day however you choose...lots of activities or being completely lazy! I've done both! I have visited Self Creek on Lake Greeson several times. Sometimes I just sit out on the deck and read a book and other times I join the rest of my family out on the water. The lake is clear and calm and the pontoons/party barges available at the marina are amazing. With such a large lake, you can explore a different direction everyday! Pull the kids on a tube for miles! And when you need to pull into the Marina, they'll come running out to help you with what ever you need. The service is fabulous.
Fishing is great and you have a fully equiped kitchen to have a delicious fish-fry for dinner! There is a nice big grocery store nearby in Glenwood to stock up for the week, and the Marina has lots of common items you might forget or run out of.
The cottages are lovely and comfortable. Feels so much like home, you'll want to move right in!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Self Creek Lodge & Marina

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We just returned from another lazy, unhurried weekend at Self Creek cabins. The staff always goes out of their way to accommodate us in every way. The cabins are spacious, spotless, and always have everything you could possibly need at your fingertips. Our deck had a beautiful view of Lake Greeson as we grilled steaks and soaked in the hot tub Friday evening. We enjoyed tubing and skiing on Saturday and Sunday. The marina staff had everything we needed ready for our boat both days. This is a great place for our family to recharge and reconnect with each other. Our teenagers (16 and 19) love this place! The peace and quiet are just what we need after hectic weeks of school and work! Thanks Self Creek....we will be back!

Room Tip: All of the cabins we've stayed in here are wonderful! Comfortable beds with huge bedrooms!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2013

This Is a review from a Travel Agent! I'm always looking for the special resorts away from home this is it! I don't think it matters if it's a double wide with log facing it still has a RUSTIC AMBIANCE. The Spacious cottages or cabins give you everything you need and then some. The Manager is amazing and his staff. I know you might feel the price is a little steep but the location and views are worth every penny. I love how each bedroom had it's own patio door so you can exit to the deck. The bathrooms are roomy and nice. Don't hesitate to take a family or a group to this resort, you can't go wrong it's a beautiful and great place to relax. The hot tub on the deck gives even more relaxation. I highly recommend this resort to couples, families and friends . Now go have some Fun!

Room Tip: I stayed in C8 and love this cottage or cabin! Loved the location too!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jamaicagirl63
Reviewed 13 May 2013

The staff at the marina is always friendly and helpful. This was the first time we'd stayed in one of their lake cottages. The stay was great. All the privacy you'd want with space and trees between the houses. The cottage itself was in excellent condition. We had tons of room, but spent most of our downtime out back on the deck looking at the lake.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2013

The staff was nice and helpful, we stayed in #5, it had an odor and was not very clean, with dirt and dust balls in corners. It seemed like the place would be new by Internet info but it is actually 10 years old, the cabins are trailers with wood siding, #5 had pretty worn furniture with creaky floors, these cabins are set next to each other all in a row, the back porch then looks over at your neighbors back porch where the hot tubs are, so privacy is not guaranteed. Though the view is pretty, our neighbors were rowdy partying young people and made outdoor time unpleasant. The stores/restaurants we went to in the area were terrible, it's more back woods than what you might think really exists for 2013, and I wonder how locals eat! It was SO not worth the price! And just FYI, we dug for diamonds and then went to see the Narrow Dam, when we used our iPhone map to find the best way back to cabin it took us through about 30 miles of dirt roads! These are mapped as county roads and show up as roads on map, so keep in mind all roads may lead home but these definitely keep the anticipation level high!

• Stayed: March 2013
4  Thank IandMyFatherAreOne
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Jim and Dee are two of the most hospitable people in this state. I have personally stayed here multiple times, the scenery, the cabins and the tranquility are unbeatable! We are planning a family reunion here soon! The intimacy and attention to detail that the staff displays are some of the best in Arkansas! Immaculate cabins, kind service and the fun that Self Creek wants a guest to have all in one place, how can anyone beat it? True gift to the state of Arkansas and true example of hospitality at its finest!

Room Tip: all the cabins are unique and do not have a favorite or a best, they are all great!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank swest8868
Reviewed 31 March 2012

I recently stayed in a cabin at Self Creek Lodge and Marina. It was perfect! Very spacious with hot tub on deck and beautiful lake view. One of the quietest resorts I've ever stayed in!
Jim, the resort manager, was very friendly! I would highly recommend this place for a family or couple. I will be back!

Room Tip: All of the cabins have lake views as far as I could tell. They were spaced far enough apart to affo...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirby
Diamond John's Riverside Retreat
#3 of 3 in Nashville
Ouachita Mountain Inn
Ouachita Mountain Inn
#1 of 1 in Glenwood

Been to Self Creek Lodge & Marina? Share your experiences!