Marari Fishermen Village Beach Resort
US$100
Agoda.com
US$82
TripAdvisor
Abad Turtle Beach(Alappuzha)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$75
Travelocity
Lemon Tree Vembanad Lake Resort(Alappuzha)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$89
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Camelot Hotel(Alappuzha)
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 December 2012

We stayed here for two nights 27th and 28th dec 2012. We found the following problems.
1: Beach is full of crabs, dogs and a violent beach.. - kids were completely down realizing this.
2. Poor quality Hotel staff: very few staff and run by localities from near by villages. These team have no sense of luxury, quality of food, guest management and knows only Malayalam.
3. No room service. They will bluntly say no to you, I case if they say yes, they will not deliver. Total stupidity. We found a number of guests shouting at the staff.
4. Amenities: no tv, no hot water as promised during booking. They have king size beds but put queen size mattress to sell addln bed for 1000 rs. Totally greedy culture.
5. Food: while service breakfast, they will treat you like a prisoners behind the wall. Prisoners might be getting better breakfast as shown in many movies.
6. Unwanted guests: red ants and lizards are very common in the room and toilets.

Unfortunately, we booked this by looking at the reviews and photos of "Marari Beach Resort", which is a different 5*resort.

Do not stay here if you are not forced to. It's not worth to stay for free.

Room Tip: Do not stay here if you are not forced to stay.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Satya1975
Reviewed 5 September 2012

me and my family stayed in this property for last april as part of my honeymoon. was very pleasant stay for me and had a memorable candle light dinner at the beach.
we recommend this property for the honeymooners who prefer to stay away from town and daily buzy life.

Room Tip: sea facing cottage
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nitin v
Reviewed 22 August 2012

This resort cannot be worst than any other in the world, first beware that it is not easy to find.
This is located 2 kms from the main road and you dont have any transport from the main road you need to walk from the main road to the resort in the bad roads and small streets with all your luggages, think of how you will go at night with no street lights. we managed to go with mobile flash lights and some people missed the route and its a hard time.

Next forget about food, it will come only in installments, one poori or one chappati in buffet for 10+ people if they are for in table, i never seen restarurent people as conjuce like this that too for 400 rs for break fast which they charged, never talk about the food further.

Room quality, that is so bad and should not be even discussed it will be bad for other hotels.

Beware Beware Beware Beware Beware

I will upload more pictures to tell really how bad.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank ganam2
Reviewed 20 August 2012

this resort is really worst ever i have seen my life. very bad behavior of manager in resort and their employee as well and the food is worst ever i had in my life. we went for relaxing but after arrival there we struggled a lot for everything we need to go outside.
first of all this resort is 2km inside. there is no light arrangement in street if anybody is coming late. rod is full of mud. don't ever go this resort. only waste of money and time. check other resort.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank tiger251
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I find myself agreeing with a lot of the things said in previous reviews. We arrived in Alleppey too late in the day to hire a house boat, so decided to stay a night in somewhere luxurious. The 'Resort' on the surface looked ideal. Nice individual cottages, close to a very quiet beach with white beautiful sands. By Keralan standards it was very expensive at 5,000 Rs but decided we should treat ourselves after a lot of travelling. It was a very disappointing experience!

Now before I begin my scathing review of this resort let me say that had it cost around 1200 Rs a night I might have overlooked some of negative points. But with paying 'top dollar' for a room it comes with a level of expectation and it failed to deliver on every single front!

So starting with the room. It was spacious, had a large bed, AC and a working television set. At a glance it looked fine. On closer inspection the place was filthy, it wasn't peak season and the resort was quiet. Lots of people seemed to be sat around doing not a lot, so there was no reason for the place to be as dirty as it was. The head board was stained and faded, the curtains were stained. Loose wires were coming out at various points in the wall. The strip lights had no diffusers. In a cupboard I expected to find a minibar or at least a fridge, I found three hairy blankets had been shoved in there as if being put away in a hurry.

The bathroom was the most dirty of all. (Pics to follow) It was thick of dust and grime. Discarded used matches had been left on the window sill and there was several things living in there, and looked like they had been living there for a while. The worst thing in the bathroom for me was the smell of what can only be described as an 'eggy funk' which I found quite stomach churning.

The manager had assured me that I would be able to use Internet there as they hold wireless dongles. Not ideal but it was better than nothing, although trying to connect became a nightmare so ended up having to use one of their ancient terminals at he reception desk. The computer was very old and slow and it honestly took about 20mins to access my emails. From where I was sat I could see behind the reception counter and it was far from being organised. It was filthy and stacked high with old newspapers and magazines.

My girlfriend and I decided to take the short stroll down to the beach and it was beautiful. We had almost the whole beach to ourselves. As we got into the water we quickly realised that it was too violent to go more than a few metres into the sea. I have swam in Varkala and Kovalam and those beaches can be quite choppy but I actually think this was much worse. It was nice but too wild to swim in. A negative point but I can't really blame the manager for that much as I'd like to!

In the short space of time that we stayed there, my girlfriend and I had the misfortune of standing on no less than three surface laid 'anti personnel mines' which I had initially blamed on stray dogs, although reading the other reviews it would appear the local fisherman were to blame for those!

When you're on holiday you try and be cheerful and not dwell on the negatives we we were trying to make the most of it. At 7pm the phone in our room rang and the gentleman at the other end informed me that "Dinner was ready" Excited at the prospect of our evening meal we headed over expecting perhaps a buffet or themed evening.

Instead we found an empty restaurant, a very limited menu hampered by staff speaking little English. There were no beer or soft drinks available and even the Keralan dishes we were familiar with contained questionable cuts of meat. The rice also contained an unwanted guest - an inch long piece of plastic. At breakfast the next day we found stained tablecloths not changed from the previous nights dining, crawling with ants.

If I had to say something positive about the dining experience it was that the waiter could see that we were a little frustrated and tried to cheer us up by playing Indian music loudly out of his mobile phone. It was actually quite comical!

I could harp on about the constant power cuts, the ants nests, bites and the bad nights sleep but I guess you get the idea. I think the manager avoided us the next morning knowing that we had a less than great experience.

I know this is a very long-winded review but it upset me so much that I wanted to share this with everyone. I realise some people only review the bad stuff and not the good. In some instances you have to take Trip Advisor with a pinch of salt. If you have read all of this review and some of the others, then I hope you will take heed and find somewhere nicer to stay while in Alleppey. If you're looking to just have an overnight before or after the backwaters then I'd recommend the Bamboo Lagoon! (At a fifth of the price).

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple